Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Wick gala floats??

Default Wick gala floats??

Hi, does anyone no the route the floats will be taken this year from start to finish or anywhere i can find out???

Thanks

As far as I know it is the same route every year they go from the riverside up Henrietta Street down Louisburgh st along the main st up to Argyll square and then along to the assembly rooms.Don't quote me on it tho lol x
    The nice thing about living in a small place is that if you dont know what you are doing....there's always somebody who does,or thinks they do! x

Smile

Yes Thumper thats correct..Been on a few floats and thats the route they take! Cant wait for Gala..There is one float that is just simply brilliant..

Will have to watch out for you on the night then Dark Angel! You have me guessing now as to which float!lol x
    The nice thing about living in a small place is that if you dont know what you are doing....there's always somebody who does,or thinks they do! x

Heard that the route was being shortened this year Floats going down Green road this year instead of Girnigoe Street something to do with the foot collectors don't know if this is confirmed ?

Do the actually go through Argyle Square??? I thought they went up Breadalbane???

Sorry Thumper...I aint goin out this Gala...Got no one for the baby so a nite SOBER nite in for me! lol

Yes the floats do go up Argyle Square..But maybe its been changed!

Default Wick Gala Procession Route

Quote Originally Posted by floyed View Post
    Hi, does anyone no the route the floats will be taken this year from start to finish or anywhere i can find out???

Thanks
    I am updating the Wick Gala Programme page with amendments at -
    http://www.caithness.org/fpb/galas/2...2007/index.htm

The Wick Gala procession float route -

Revised - Route of Gala Procession for 2007
    From Riverside to George St, onto Henrietta Street, onto Green Road, onto High Street, onto Bridge St, onto Demster Street, through Argyle Square onto MacArthur St into Breadalbane Terrace.

SNOWDOG Guest

Thats a shame, a lot of old folk in Girnigoe st and Louisburgh st have always watched the floats from their gardens.

Thanks everyone for your reply's, you orger's are very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by floyed View Post
    Thanks everyone for your reply's, you orger's are very helpful

Aww...how sweet floyed lol

I am on a float AGAIN this year and can't wait although I am stressed out with painting and sewing, but it is one of the best nights of the year, and excellent crack. You can make a fool of yourself (within reason) and no-one cares. Once you have been on a float you never want to watch again, I had to watch the floats for 2 years as I was highly pregnant and to say I felt pig sick is an understatement. Lets hope it is a dry night for Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
    I am on a float AGAIN this year and can't wait although I am stressed out with painting and sewing, but it is one of the best nights of the year, and excellent crack. You can make a fool of yourself (within reason) and no-one cares. Once you have been on a float you never want to watch again, I had to watch the floats for 2 years as I was highly pregnant and to say I felt pig sick is an understatement. Lets hope it is a dry night for Saturday.

I know what you mean Rainbow..Once you have been on a float its not the same watchin! Afraid im just watching this year as nobody to watch the wee one!! Did the same last year as baby was only 4 weeks old!! 2 years running!!

Maybe next year!

Have heard tonight the floats are again going round by Girnigoe st and Louisburgh st!
    Johndy