Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Smell from my bitch.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

It may also be her anal glands. A trip to the vet is a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by WickWitch View Post
    It may also be her anal glands. A trip to the vet is a good idea.
    Its lasting too long and now she's molting like she did the lastime she had a throat infection.
    Apparently dogs shed hair when stressed.
    Will just have to take her for a check up.Everything else is in working order, like eating,drinking,chasing cats,barking at postmen etc.
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

It does sound like there may be an infection or, as WickWitch said, her anal glands may be the problem.
    Glad she is lively and eating okay so obviously nothing serious.

Hope you get it sorted out soon.
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

Default Bitch

This is Megan sporting her sporty drawers as I used to call them, as Netttie has already pointed out a pyometra is something to be concerned about.

Megan started to get discharge and was drinking and weeing a lot more than normal and I put it down to old age and a visit to the vet confirmed a pyometra.

We were advised an hysterectomy while removing the pyometra would be advisable as she is nearly ten now, and this proved to be the case as she has taken a new lease of life since the operation

A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Our GSD smelled so bad when she was in season i took her to the vet. Good job i did, poor girl had an infection. She was spayed after a course of antibiotics and thankfully is now fine. If the smell is worse than usual it might be worth a trip to the vet !