Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Independance Day parties

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Corky Smeek View Post
    In the meantime the scare stories above, which have been so gloatingly dismissed as the UK leaves the EU, will still be employed to scare people about the prospect of Scotland leaving the UK.
    It makes one wonder why, if Scotland has been such a drain on England's resources for the last 300 and odd years, they were so keen to capture us in the first place...and are still so keen to hang onto us now, doesn't it? If the Union has such benefits for Scotland, you'd think that the supporters of it could come up with some specific examples of those benefits, wouldn't you? Six years on from the last indyref, and I still see nothing we get from the Union that we couldn't do for ourselves if we felt that way inclined.

I also wonder why, if the UK Government and every unionist is so sure that we don't want independence, why not just allow a referendum, to prove it?

Quote Originally Posted by Oddquine View Post
    It makes one wonder why, if Scotland has been such a drain on England's resources for the last 300 and odd years, they were so keen to capture us in the first place...and are still so keen to hang onto us now, doesn't it? If the Union has such benefits for Scotland, you'd think that the supporters of it could come up with some specific examples of those benefits, wouldn't you? Six years on from the last indyref, and I still see nothing we get from the Union that we couldn't do for ourselves if we felt that way inclined.

I also wonder why, if the UK Government and every unionist is so sure that we don't want independence, why not just allow a referendum, to prove it?
    Superbly put.

because we just had one perhaps
    W.A.T.P.

You're a bit early MI16 - The independence occurs this evening at 2300. After that, seems little point in having any more referendums as we will already be independent.

tru dat....
    W.A.T.P.

This illustrates why so many of us wish Scottish independence.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	self governing.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	88.7 KB 
ID:	35120

we are already higher taxed than anywhere else in the UK
    The SNP cater for those on the welfare system, the working person foots the bill and is considerably heavier hit than the working person South of the border
    W.A.T.P.

Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    The SNP cater for those on the welfare system, the working person foots the bill and is considerably heavier hit than the working person South of the border
    Just wait until the Scottish govt take total control of social security payments. DLA/PIP payments alone will bankrupt us if you believe what Jeane Freeman keeps saying....no more assesments, just fill in a form, we trust you to tell the truth!

Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    I'm sorry but that just isn't true - "Most Scots are paying less in the current tax year than in the previous year. The Scottish Government estimates this equates to 99 percent of taxpayers." see here.

But even if it was true then I would gladly pay more tax to get Scotland out of this Union.