Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SNP Home And Hosed In Caithness, Sutherland and Easter Ross?

Quote Originally Posted by rob murray View Post
    Ok, how about he calls himsel Jock SInclair fae Thirsa, so what
    Yes, but he doesn't - that's the point. He'd rather present this effete and phony persona than just be honest about who he really is.....which is how you put it.

Quote Originally Posted by willie-eckerslike View Post
    Yes, but he doesn't - that's the point. He'd rather present this effete and phony persona than just be honest about who he really is.....which is how you put it.
    He would probably get more votes if he stood as Jock Sinclair lol lol

Why doesn't he add the 3rd Viscount bit so we know we will have to vote for him then.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    Why doesn't he add the 3rd Viscount bit so we know we will have to vote for him then.
    He could give me the whole packet of Viscounts and I still wouldn't vote for the insincere ponce.

John Thurso gave a great deal of help to friends of mine who were being persecuted at a time when no one else (including the police) were interested in what was happening to them. His help made all the difference to them and ensured that the correct action was taken.
    Anytime we have contacted him, he always replies promptly and follows things up.
    He has done a good job, whatever happens from here on in so drop the name calling please. The only person it reflects upon is yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Fulmar View Post
    John Thurso gave a great deal of help to friends of mine who were being persecuted at a time when no one else (including the police) were interested in what was happening to them. His help made all the difference to them and ensured that the correct action was taken.
    Anytime we have contacted him, he always replies promptly and follows things up.
    He has done a good job, whatever happens from here on in so drop the name calling please. The only person it reflects upon is yourself.
    And how do we know you're not a LibDem stooge ? This sounds like one of those TripAdvisor reviews that the owner posts pretending to be a customer.

John Thurso has been a good MP and I couldn't fault him. I'm a Tory supporter, and always have been, but I believe in giving credit where credit is due. I presume Fulmar is giving such credit as well, regardless of his politics.

Quote Originally Posted by LMS View Post
    John Thurso has been a good MP and I couldn't fault him. I'm a Tory supporter, and always have been, but I believe in giving credit where credit is due. I presume Fulmar is giving such credit as well, regardless of his politics.
    Aye those Eton educated boys know just what it's like for the common man. Now remind me, who else in politics is Eton educated...... ?

And how do we know you're not a LibDem stooge ? This sounds like one of those TripAdvisor reviews that the owner posts pretending to be a customer.
    Come off it....ANd what stooge are you...is if we dont know....the current MP has done good work that I am aware of ( see earlier post on his involvement in preserving civil service jobs in Wick...thats a fact and many people know this and will be eternally grateful ) and I aint a lib dem stooge never voted LD in my life, Im just someone aware of the facts....and I repeat Rob Gibson....yawn yawn yawn useless, complete buffoon, brilliantly represents his buffoon party.
    Last edited by rob murray; 29-Apr-15 at 21:27.

He could give me the whole packet of Viscounts and I still wouldn't vote for the insincere ponce.
    This is ridiculous and the mods should remove this if they've any guts !

Aye those Eton educated boys know just what it's like for the common man. Now remind me, who else in politics is Eton educated...... ?
    Yip, John Thurso knows exactly what goes on in my world, me being an average working taxpayer.

Just because someone has been educated in Eton doesn't make them a poor MP, it just makes the chip on typical left-winger voters' shoulders even bigger than normal.

BetterTogether is offline Banned (Sock Puppet of previously banned user)

It's reported in the press today a few fine quotes from the SNPs Candidate for Caithness, Sutherland & Easter Ross, Paul Monaghan " I for one will never accept anything less than Independence " that in itself id fully expect from an SNP candidate as is no great surprise.

The bit that does make me wonder what kind of person he truly is and I quote " never mind the referendum just declare independence ".

Is that the sort of view someone living in democracy and seeking to be elected should be airing such a worrying disdain for democratic process has no place in any party within Scotland.

Does make you wonder whether he considers he should be just given power and allowed to wield it as he pleases with no thought or regard for the people of Scotland and their democratic all held beliefs.

Oh and another wonderful idea totally an SNP idea showing how frugal they are with tax payers money. Let's us not forget that wonderful white elephant brought on the cheap but not guzzling money like there's no tomorrow. Prestwick Airport .

Ahhhh the trams. Let's see. The tram project was approved by the Scottish Government in 2003 by The labour led Scottish government. At Edinburgh Council the SNP councillors voted against the project but it was passed by the rest of the council.

In 2007 the new SNP minority government tried to scrap the project because of problems with the planning, the costs, and questions over whether it was serving travellers in the best way it could. They lost that vote and after audit Scotland confirmed the project was "sound" had to award funding despite their misgivings.

The SNP has put in place an enquiry into the tram project. They fairly recently upgraded the enquiry to a statutory enquiry which means that people will have to give evidence when required. And yet, it is still the fault of the SNP that the trams were a fiasco.

There are things that you can blame the SNP for but the trams really isn't one of them.

It's also perhaps worth reminding people that wick is having a new high school, the new primary school is well on its way and that several harbours have received funding from the SCottish government. There seemed to be a strong sense of optimism around the energy sector from people I was talking to at dinner in Caithness this week too. The new Forth crossing is an impressive piece of engineering, every time I drive down I look at it and think "wow" as it nears completion. That project is coming in on time and on budget. In fact the Scottish Government has been able to release money from that project to dual parts of the A9 that were not scheduled to be done for a wee while.
    Last edited by squidge; 30-Apr-15 at 08:32.

So we have two new schools at massive expensive when the ones we have could of been renovated.

Harbours recieving grants and we are supposed to feel grateful, it's taxpayers money the area doesn't get anything for free.

We also have a new carbuncle of a council building with leaks and market area that's not fit for purpose.

Schools running late and over budget.

I notice squidge tactfully avoids mentioning Prestwick airport.

If all you can really mention is one project in 7 years on budget that's actually pretty woeful
    Last edited by BetterTogether; 30-Apr-15 at 08:37.

I have never voted Lib Dem in my life, but John Thurso helped me with an issue I had a few years back, so I might not agree with his politics, but unlike the other MP's here, he made every effort to help me. One thing I cannot understand is - why do people have such a problem with MP's that have gone to fee paying schools such as Eaton, Harrow and so on ? When my daughter started school, we lived in Walthamstow, East London. I cannot tell you the problems I had with that school, it was just awful. I would have, in a heartbeat, if I had had the money sent her to the equivalent of Harrow or Eaton (I think they are boys only schools) because regardless of the politics I wanted the best start for all my children. At the end of the day you can knock Cameron and whoever else went to these schools as much as you like, but I actually do'nt think they had much say in the matter when they were 5 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by squidge View Post
    There seemed to be a strong sense of optimism around the energy sector from people I was talking to at dinner in Caithness this week too.
    Enlighten us more please on this point - the energy sector is doom and gloom as far as anyone I know is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by squidge View Post
    Ahhhh the trams. Let's see. The tram project was approved by the Scottish Government in 2003 by The labour led Scottish government. At Edinburgh Council the SNP councillors voted against the project but it was passed by the rest of the council.

In 2007 the new SNP minority government tried to scrap the project because of problems with the planning, the costs, and questions over whether it was serving travellers in the best way it could. They lost that vote and after audit Scotland confirmed the project was "sound" had to award funding despite their misgivings.

The SNP has put in place an enquiry into the tram project. They fairly recently upgraded the enquiry to a statutory enquiry which means that people will have to give evidence when required. And yet, it is still the fault of the SNP that the trams were a fiasco.

There are things that you can blame the SNP for but the trams really isn't one of them.

It's also perhaps worth reminding people that wick is having a new high school, the new primary school is well on its way and that several harbours have received funding from the SCottish government. There seemed to be a strong sense of optimism around the energy sector from people I was talking to at dinner in Caithness this week too. The new Forth crossing is an impressive piece of engineering, every time I drive down I look at it and think "wow" as it nears completion. That project is coming in on time and on budget. In fact the Scottish Government has been able to release money from that project to dual parts of the A9 that were not scheduled to be done for a wee while.
    A strong sense of optimism around the energy sector from people I was talking to at dinner in Caithness this week to....so your one of the chattering classes, get real for heavens sake I dont see the liquidation of Polamis / job cuts at Atlantis marine as "optimism" I dont see any wave tidal devices in the Pentland firth nor do I expect to do so....I do see plenty of windfarms though ! SO you are 100% wrong or maybe you had a dram or 2 to manhy eh ! Your local SNP candidates job "experience" will come in very handy for post Dounreay "foodbacks / voluntsray section" in Caithness :.....from his web site :

For my first degree I researched and reported on the sources of stress and the coping strategies deployed among the police officers and support staff of Northern Constabulary. For my Ph.D., which I undertook having won a prestigious Collaborative Award in Science and Engineering from the Economic and Social Research Council, I considered the role of Scotland’s largest voluntary organisation in the development and implementation of social policy, in Scotland, during the post-war period. I am a Graduate Member of the British Psychological Society and a Fellow of the Institute of Leadership and Management.....great stuff but utterly useless as regards understanding inductry / commerce

Quote Originally Posted by LMS View Post
    Enlighten us more please on this point - the energy sector is doom and gloom as far as anyone I know is concerned.
    Yep...what was Alexis famous sound bite...the saudi arabia of reneable energy...tell that that to the failed projects, redundant workers and complete lack of any progress with tidal / wave power...dont belive me...just look out at the Pentland Firth and post to me what you see as regarsd wave / tidal devices ??....nothing ! . Not to mention the squandering of public funds chasing an impossible "dream"...still at least we got wind farms...and they employ 100's of locals eh ?? The SNP stratgically got it very very wrong on 2 counts

1 Complete failure / over estimation of wave / tidal energy
    2 Oil price / oil revenues contribution to the economy

100% facts / undeniable ( unless your a blind stupid zealot ) still people believe in who shouts the loudest and by god the SNP are masters at shouting and evasion.

Let us not forget the supposed life span of a wind turbine is 25 yrs and they'll pay for themselves after 24.8 yrs. that makes economic sense.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast