Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Congratulations to the prime minister

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    She wasn't a politician then. She has a twitter feed that echoes her frustrations and aspirations from the age of 15 to the present day. She's angry, she still is angry at the way the coalition treated people. She shows passion. David cameron also resorted to expletives in the election campaign. So what?
    Anger is an energy ( John Lydon ) nothing wrong with anger but she's going to be a very angry young women, very quickly, when she realises how relatively powerless she actually is, and how little fiscal powers the smith commission report will be offering.
    With Cameron it will be either:

1) We won – I’m givingthem nothing, take the Smith recommendations thats all your getting..... who’s locked out of power now?
    Or

2) Give them the lot –let’s see how Fiscal Federalism works for you at a low oil barrel price .

I suspect that since the pricehas recovered a bit to the $ mid-sixties he’ll go for nothing at all.

The Smith Commission has a few things in it which might surprise / shock people in terms of what little is really on the table see https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...lement_acc.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by BetterTogether View Post
    Yes a wonderfully middle class girl whose never suffered anything in her life except waking up with someone else's money after a night on the lash " theft by finding at best " totally outraged with vicarious anger at how the coalition have treated people. Mind there's always someone out there prepared to accept any sort of behaviour from the SNP just because it the SNP init guv'nor normal acceptable rules of behaviour don't apply when it comes to them.
    AGree with former, latter...tons of cases of men behaving very badly, cross party ! Subsidised boozer in House of Commons and all !

BetterTogether is offline Banned (Sock Puppet of previously banned user)

Aye I don't make excuses for any of them just shows they are all just as bad as one another.

A teenager using inappropriate language? Who'd 've thought that eh?
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

I want to be in the Strangers' Bar when Mairi strides over to George Osborne, pint of Tennent's lager in hand, and orders him to cease austerity because the people of Scotland have demanded it. I wish my wee sister's new MP the best of Renfrewshire luck on her mission. Just gie him a malky if he disnae dae it hen.

Lol. I didn't say Mhairi Black was some sort of working class hero! You are right she is no Rosie Kane. But are you really suggesting that the voters that elected her are somehow "taken in", duped. She spoke in a way people recognised, about the topics that mattered to them - that's because she felt like one of their own, like she understood. People will make judgements about her because of her age her sex what she looks like and her accent and the way she speaks and the words she uses. People do that all the time, everything about her will be scrutinised and judgements about her class and therefore her legitimacy to comment - exactly as you guys did here- she can't be an effective voice because she isn't working class her da is too posh.I don't think there actually WAS any violence to condone but again, I never condone violence or the threat of violence. However I can forgive a naive, silly, 19 year old sooner than I can forgive a peer of the realm, an experienced politician and at the very least someone who is definitely old enough to know better.

Quote Originally Posted by squidge View Post
    Lol. I didn't say Mhairi Black was some sort of working class hero! You are right she is no Rosie Kane. But are you really suggesting that the voters that elected her are somehow "taken in", duped. She spoke in a way people recognised, about the topics that mattered to them - that's because she felt like one of their own, like she understood. People will make judgements about her because of her age her sex what she looks like and her accent and the way she speaks and the words she uses. People do that all the time, everything about her will be scrutinised and judgements about her class and therefore her legitimacy to comment - exactly as you guys did here- she can't be an effective voice because she isn't working class her da is too posh.I don't think there actually WAS any violence to condone but again, I never condone violence or the threat of violence. However I can forgive a naive, silly, 19 year old sooner than I can forgive a peer of the realm, an experienced politician and at the very least someone who is definitely old enough to know better.

Post withdrawn, why bother I cant be bothered by people in denial.
    Last edited by rob murray; 13-May-15 at 09:04. Reason: leaving the org

Quote Originally Posted by davth View Post
    So you find it acceptable for our politicians to speak in such a manner?Had David Cameron said similar would you back him?
    I along with many other's on here wouldn't back him regardless of what he said or says!!! Many of you on here should be ashamed with yourselves! I am not sure are you having a go at her because of her age, because she is a female or because she's and SNP MP? Seems on here it isn't the cybernats with the problem, it is the so called Unionists who are doing more for causing division in every post they type, than any cybernat could ever do!

Quote Originally Posted by weeker2014 View Post
    I along with many other's on here wouldn't back him regardless of what he said or says!!! Many of you on here should be ashamed with yourselves! I am not sure are you having a go at her because of her age, because she is a female or because she's and SNP MP? Seems on here it isn't the cybernats with the problem, it is the so called Unionists who are doing more for causing division in every post they type, than any cybernat could ever do!
    So it is true what they say as members of SNP, you shall not say or condemn anything the SNP say or do, however you can slag off the Tories and Unionists.

Post withdrawn, read the smith report / recommendations I posted earlier : Ive decided that this whole malarky isnt worth the time to bother with.

BetterTogether is offline Banned (Sock Puppet of previously banned user)

Quote Originally Posted by weeker2014 View Post
    Now this post really does amuse me and shows the completely blinkered irrational SNP view in all it's wonderfully bizarre glory.
    You wouldn't vote for " him" regardless of what he says or does.

Ok so if Mr David Cameron was to say you can have FFA and Indepenence shortly after,because of some unfathomable set of twisted principles you wouldn't vote Conservative.
    I've yet to see a single unionist post that any one should be ashamed of.

So There we have the reality of SNP mentality blinkered,regressive,non sensical and based on some fantasy because the reality of SNP policies is they aren't working, they are costing we the taxpayer more unecessary money, they are failing the children, elderly, sick and poor with their spend spend spend let's plunge Scotland into ruin policies as long as we get independence.
    Last edited by BetterTogether; 13-May-15 at 09:22.

Let's be honest now, it would not have mattered a jot who was standing for Paisley & Renfrewshire South, as long as they were standing for SNP they would have been voted in, no SNP voter cares about Mhairi Black's age, about the language she uses or has used, about her background, it does not matter, they wanted the seat, and it is as simple as that.

As demonstrated by Mhairi Black, all she is missing is the trackie and baseball cap.

Quote Originally Posted by cptdodger View Post
    Let's be honest now, it would not have mattered a jot who was standing for Paisley & Renfrewshire South, as long as they were standing for SNP they would have been voted in, no SNP voter cares about Mhairi Black's age, about the language she uses or has used, about her background, it does not matter, they wanted the seat, and it is as simple as that.
    Try telling that to Paco McSheepie. He did his damnedest yet he failed to get elected. People (not you) should lay off Mairi, the lassie done well so far. Her real test begins now. I shall follow her progress with interest.

Now the election is over we should expect David Cameron and his majority government to enter into a phase of whirlwind lawmaking activity. They will implement their newly promised policies and they will do all the things their former coalition partners prevented them doing over the previous five years. They will do this while the opposition parties are either contemplating their navels or trying to organise their incoherent rabble of new MPs. Thus are the spoils of victory for a popular encumbent prime minister. The economy will benefit from not having a period of uncertainty that a hung parliament followed by at best a loose coalition of warring parties would have brought. The economy will be stronger and the people of this country should be grateful for our good fortune.

Quote Originally Posted by crayola View Post
    The economy will be stronger and the people of this country should be grateful for our good fortune.
    Unless of course, those people are sick, disabled waiting for PIP decisions; unless they are carers, unemployed or working part time and getting a tax credit top up or women! Those people won't be feeling very grateful crayola. They will likely feel worried sick about what's going to happen to them.
    Last edited by squidge; 17-May-15 at 00:45.

Quote Originally Posted by davth View Post
    As demonstrated by Mhairi Black, all she is missing is the trackie and baseball cap.
    Really?Tuesday and Wednesday maybe gives a little insight about her attitude to life?http://www.heraldscotland.com/politi...the-.126259431
    You'll never talk alone!

That's not a bad start from young Mairi. But the novelty seems to be wearing off by the end of the week. Is she tough enough to last the whole innings? Meanwhile David Cameron is settling into a programme that will be excellent for the economy and for the people of Britain. Things are looking good all round.
    Last edited by crayola; 21-May-15 at 12:00.

Meanwhile David Cameron is settling into a programme that will be excellent for the economy and for the people of Britain. Things are looking good all round.
    Unless of course, those people are sick, disabled waiting for PIP decisions; unless they are carers, unemployed or working part time and getting a tax credit top up or women! Things arent looking good for those people. They will likely feel worried sick about what's going to happen to them.

I want to be in the Strangers' Bar when Mairi strides over to George Osborne, pint of Tennent's lager in hand, and orders him to cease austerity because the people of Scotland have demanded it. I wish my wee sister's new MP the best of Renfrewshire luck on her mission. Just gie him a malky if he disnae dae it hen.
    I asked my sister what she thinks of her new MP. My usually loquacious sister's monosyllabic response was uncharacteristically laconic:

'Crap!'

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123