Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Big Brother is Watching...

Angry Big Brother is Watching...

Are we heading for a Police State?

http://www.scotland.police.uk/keep-s...oject-servator
    “We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine....
    And the machine is bleeding to death."

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10154360316348483.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	34851 We are all being watched all of the time I think!

Ok Google, is Siri watching us?

Love,
    Alexa

Seems that the Police cant win either way, Folk will complan that they either dont do enough or that they are watching every move, why cant you just be greatful you have a Police presence and we arent dealing with Guns crime etc, like some other paces.

Quote Originally Posted by little miss breezy breeks View Post
    ...they either dont do enough or that they are watching every move...
    Both of those statements are true, they should be out solving crimes, not lurking about in an intimidating manner.

[QUOTE=Alrock;1186718]Are we heading for a Police State?

And has been for some time !

Coppers getting off their erses and out on the beat! Sounds innovative, though the modern snowflake generation will need it explained to them this is what they used to do before they hid away in police offices trawling the net looking for anyone who had been offended.

If only they could dish out clips on the lug as well....

Now they just park up in Lidl carpark for hours on end doing god knows what.

Quote Originally Posted by Alrock View Post
    Now they just park up in Lidl carpark for hours on end doing god knows what.
    all you guys like to bleat and moan about the local police when you dont need them, but who are the people you all run to when in need of help ? correct, the local police, then they are all great people until they cant find the bad guys because you all complain about cameras, well my thoughts are if you are doing nothing wrong whats the problem with a camera on the side of a building, or is this just another chance for people to queue up to be offended and cry out that its against my human rights for them to film me, until you need help then its a great idea, you just cry wolf until the wolf bites you in the arse and then run to the people who will try to help you, if only they had more cameras up they could find the wolf

Sounds like proper police work. The way “it used to be”. Solving crime may make for good Saturday night drama programmes, but I would rather crime didn't get to happen in the first place.

A copper on the beat would be a far better deterrent than a camera. A camera cant chase after a villain and beat him (or her) about the head with a truncheon. All a camera can do is perhaps get the perp in court, only to be admonished for good behaviour, or let off with a token gesture fine because he/she had a troubled upbringing.