Quote Originally Posted by butterfly View Post
JWM,on your first post you said you have had another child and dont have enough time for him anymore.
On your second you say the reason you are giving him away is because he is not coping with the new arrival.
Would it not be better to give it more time and see if the dog settles down having gotten used to the new arrival.Maybe patience is needed here for the sake of the dog dont you think.

For the record i do have a Westie,4yrs old,and i am well aware of the skin conditions that they suffer from.My vet informed me that the main cause of exzema is because of giving the dog human food.He also said he could tell by looking at my dog if i ever gave him human food. Because of that i have never given him anything but dogfood and his skin is tip top condition.
Nobody on this thread accused you of making his skin bad.This is the Pet's Corner and there is a lot of dog lovers on here.Most of them have said that they would not give there dogs away no matter what because they are part of the family.That's just how they feel,this is a forum and they expressed that.If your dog is unhappy now,what's he gonna feel like being handed over to a stranger?
I do hope you find a solution to your problem and if you do give him away i hope he will be happy.
If the dog is unhappy now it is because there is an imbalance in the pack, not because it feels unloved or pushed out. They are human emotions, do not transfer those onto a pet.
The only way to make this dog "happy" ( a human term. 'Stable' is more a canine term) is to integrate it into a pack that is stable and provides everything a dog needs.
Sitting at home being loved is not enough for a dog, only a human, and to assume that re homing your dog means you must somehow not love it is completely wrong.
It takes more love from a human to admit they cannot do right by a family pet and find someone who can than it does to "just keep it" and ignore the fact that the dog is not getting what it needs and is therefore suffering.