Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Gigs

Default Upcoming Gigs

I wonder if we could use this as a sticky to highlight any gigs - in Caithness or elsewhere - coming up in the near future? Perhaps it would appear neater than having long lists of gigs flooding the main page, no?

Therefore, in true self-indulgent style, I'll lead off with one of my own...

James Brown Is Annie are supporting visceral jazz-punks, Acoustic Ladyland, at the Voodoo Rooms on Wednesday 24th June from 7.30pm (£9). AL's live shows are just as loud as their drummer's hair, so to all our regular Caithness-associated pals who have been coming to our shows of late, I'd recommend buying a pair of wax earplugs from Boots beforehand.

Before that, though, the long-anticipated appearance (for me anyway) of Zappa Plays Zappa comes to the Edinburgh Picture House next Thursday evening (18th June). A gig not to be missed for Zappa fans anywhere. Cannae wait.

Yep I'll be there at Zappa plays Zappa canna wait!...then ac/dc wembley the week afterwards..joost seek i couldnt get tix for chickenfoot on the thursday night!

I managed to get a wee blether with Dweezil a few weeks ago. You can read what he had to say here: http://living.scotsman.com/interview...oud.5349330.jp

Mair JBiA gigs. This time, supporting Grammy-award-nominee and Allman Brothers' guitarist Dereck Trucks (Band) at the ABC in Glasgow, Wednesday 15 July...

Here's a wee clip of Trucks with John Frusciante and John Mayer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LrZKcp2ZcQ

http://www.myspace.com/thederektrucksband

Smile Jude

JUDE

Saturday 4th(9ish) & Sunday 26th July(3ish) and then Friday 28th August (9ish) in The Blackstairs Lounge, Wick.

Saturday 1st August (Wick Gala Bonfire Night - 10 O'clock) in J.D Wetherspoons, Wick.

Also still lookin' for bookings if anyone knows anyone that needs a band. Pubs, Dances, Birthdays, Weddings, Bar Mitzvahs, just whatever.

What? No kids parties?

We'll do your party if your desperate like?

Do you play Take That or Xmas songs?

A couple of gigs that some here might like to know about...

Faith No More
    Edinburgh Corn Exchange
    Aug 25 (on sale Friday Jun 19)

Biffy Clyro
    Dundee Caird Hall (Nov 1)
    Glasgow Barrowland (Nov 2, 3)

Good luck tonight Pepsi. I won't be there. But hopefully I'll get some ear plugs organized by the 24th.

Quote Originally Posted by Jude View Post
    We'll do your party if your desperate like?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeid View Post
    Do you play Take That or Xmas songs?
    Maybe Jude do covers of Cryptic Slaughter songs? I think we should be told.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

Smile

We play Take That AND Xmas songs min but only usually when its xmas and when theres not a Take That tour on. But we do make exceptions... anything to make the birthday boy's day a special one.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalattakk View Post
    Maybe Jude do covers of Cryptic Slaughter songs? I think we should be told.
    Someone should stop ye from using links. Ye just run a bit mad with them. I mean, you'd be knackered if somebody stole the right button off yer mouse.

I did, however, quite like the drums in the first song that came on. No bad for only havin' one arm.

Someone should stop ye from using links. Ye just run a bit mad with them.
    Nobody forces you to click on the links you know?

I mean, you'd be knackered if somebody stole the right button off yer mouse.
    Hardly, Ctrl-C & Ctrl-V works a treat.

I did, however, quite like the drums in the first song that came on. No bad for only havin' one arm.
    Over ma heid, that one.

However, as someone who has no idea who Jude are, can I get an answer to the following question:

What sort of music do you play?

Talking

Geezo, Should probably calm down on the quotes aswell.

Now there's a worthwhile question at last. And I'm sure you actually dyin' to know so I WILL bore you to death with an answer.

We started as a pub band playin' songs that we liked ourselves, different songs from what other bands we're playin'. Stuff from bands like The Coral, Pulp, Franz Ferdinand, La's, Yeti (I wanted to do Wheatus but nobody was havin' it. God knows why?) and as much fun as it was and still is, the moneys not great as you'll lekly know. So we learned a new set of songs and got some smarter threads to become suitable for weddings. So now we playin' anything from Roy Orbison to Free, The Beatles to Van Morrison or Elvis to Kings of Leon. Even some Eagles, Creedence and The Band or whatever. And touch of Scottish stuff too. And, of course, don't forget our 30 minute long Take That medley.

Still do the pub thing for the laugh.

And I'm sure you actually dyin' to know so I WILL bore you to death with an answer.
    Actually, I was wanting to know. No point advertising your gigs if you don't let people know what they're going to be in for.

And, of course, don't forget our 30 minute long Take That medley.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Metalattakk View Post
    Actually, I was wanting to know. No point advertising your gigs if you don't let people know what they're going to be in for.
    Well if ye'd asked that question in the first place maybe I'd have believed ye a little bit sooner.

Anyways, thanks for the enquiry. And, more importantly, will we be seein' ye at any of these soirees? We'll do ye a Cryptic Slaughter number...mmm, or maybe no.

Well if ye'd asked that question in the first place maybe I'd have believed ye a little bit sooner.
    How can you not take a question like this seriously? Seriously?? What did youy think I was meaning?

Anyways, thanks for the enquiry. And, more importantly, will we be seein' ye at any of these soirees? We'll do ye a Cryptic Slaughter number...mmm, or maybe no.
    Well, if you're through in Thurso sometime I might take the time for a visit, but I'm afraid I'll not be travelling all the way through to Wick just for a wedding dance band.

Sorry.

Fair dues but If ye'd read what I said then you'd realise that we don't play wedding stuff when we're in the pub.

And anyway it said in my first post that we'd do a wedding. So ye either don't actually read posts or ye just like gettin' wired in for no good reason. Canna decided which it is tho?

If you really do a 30minute Take That medley, and do it well, I might be forced to come see you. Do you do all the harmonies?

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast