Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Wanted : A State of Flux EP

Default Wanted : A State of Flux EP

I know I should have stuck this in the music section but its not used a lot : In any case its an older person who perhaps posts on here that can perhaps help me put : In 1967 4 caithness bands recorded and released an EP on Grampian records, called a State of Flux...I collect Caithness music and am desperatly trying to track down a copy, even in a mp3 format would do. Can anyone help me please ?

Give John Hunter a call, he's bound to point you in the write direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Cowie View Post
    Give John Hunter a call, he's bound to point you in the write direction.
    Many thanks Douglas I found a copy on line but it only features 1 song

Quote Originally Posted by rob murray View Post
    Many thanks Douglas I found a copy on line but it only features 1 song
    Link please, am curious to hear it.
    “We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine....
    And the machine is bleeding to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Alrock View Post
    Link please, am curious to hear it.
    http://rgcgraphics.com/OPTrail2/Loca...e_of_flux.html one song with a female singer Monica Rodgers ( The Blend ) , its on a web site on Thurso 60's band The Opium Trail, site has a film clip of The Opium TRail which is worth watching / hearing... I cant open the Monica Rodgers track though !

http://rgcgraphics.com/OPTrail2/Loca...e_of_flux.html one song with a female singer Monica Rodgers ( The Blend ) , its on a web site on Thurso 60's band The Opium Trail, site has a film clip of The Opium TRail which is worth watching / hearing... I cant open the Monica Rodgers track though !
    Thanks, want to hear it even more now, somebody out there must have a copy out this.

On a side note, since you say you collect Caithness music. I have a recording of "Barracuda" from 28th November 1987, recorded at John O'Groats House Hotel.

Last edited by Alrock; 08-May-15 at 23:27. Reason: Added pic

Thanks, want to hear it even more now, somebody out there must have a copy out this.

On a side note, since you say you collect Caithness music. I have a recording of "Barracuda" from 28th November 1987, recorded at John O'Groats House Hotel.

Cheers do you have a digital recording / mp3 of this that you could kindly send me, I am within hopefully an ace of obtaining a state of flux which I will send to you ( if my lead comes throguh ) PM please if you have this ecording in digital format

Cheers do you have a digital recording / mp3 of this that you could kindly send me, I am within hopefully an ace of obtaining a state of flux which I will send to you ( if my lead comes throguh ) PM please if you have this ecording in digital format
    Do have it in Digital format, only 128kbps I'm affraid (did it many years ago when storage space was limited & bought into the hype that 128 was "CD Quality")

Here's a link for you & anybody else who wants it...

https://mega.co.nz/#!6VZUQZKR!BF3pQKOdM7meMc28w4KQSrPMDG1dZf6NQ1yxAhf yx3E

Any problems let me know & I can upload elsewhere if needed or even torrent it.
    Last edited by Alrock; 12-May-15 at 19:07.

Do have it in Digital format, only 128kbps I'm affraid (did it many years ago when storage space was limited & bought into the hype that 128 was "CD Quality")

Here's a link for you & anybody else who wants it...

https://mega.co.nz/#!6VZUQZKR!BF3pQKOdM7meMc28w4KQSrPMDG1dZf6NQ1yxAhf yx3E

Any problems let me know & I can upload elsewhere if needed or even torrent it.
    Thanks very much, if I track down a state of flux I will PM you and update you.