Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wick High School

Default Wick High School

Just had a phone call from my son to pick him up at 12 as the school is freezing and most of the children are heading home.

I phoned the School just now (11.30) and was told the School was NOT closing, as the forecast was for easing winds in the afternoon. They are keeping an eye on the situation though.

Quote Originally Posted by scorrie View Post
    I phoned the School just now (11.30) and was told the School was NOT closing, as the forecast was for easing winds in the afternoon. They are keeping an eye on the situation though.
    Crafty Little so and so!
    I was just going to ring the school, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by angela5 View Post
    Crafty Little so and so!
    I was just going to ring the school, thanks.
    that made me laugh !!! let me know the outcome was he being a crafty so and so ... or is the school shutting!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spring Flower View Post
    that made me laugh !!! let me know the outcome was he being a crafty so and so ... or is the school shutting!!
    Scorrie mentioned he rang the school and they are not closing, but keeping an eye on the situation.
    He is crafty, anything to bunk out of French!

Scorrie mentioned he rang the school and they are not closing, but keeping an eye on the situation.
    He is crafty, anything to bunk out of French!
    Haha good ol' French! Hope you sort him out angela!

It's only the the Town folk in at school, the country buses weren't running.
    Apparantly 2 windows in the maths block have blown in!

It's only the the Town folk in at school, the country buses weren't running.
    my brother fought with the wind this morning up our road for half a mile to catch the bus, from lybster. he waited for the bus, which came, only to be told by the driver that the school (wick high) was shut...

do u no if the buses r runnin?were at the college but they wont send us home

Quote Originally Posted by miss swanson View Post
    do u no if the buses r runnin?were at the college but they wont send us home
    I think the town/local service buses are still running, maybe only the school ones not running?

well the wick high school bus is the same as the public bus. everyone is just thrown on the same bus.
    I Was Born Brilliant; Education Ruined Me

Default school bus

i drive the bus for the watten kids, and i have not been informed that it is not running, so much for the school saying that the winds would be easing in the afternoon they are actually getting worse, all the kids should of been put home today as there was a severe weather warning given on the weather forcast, all that matters to wick high is there good attendance,there not worried about the kids safety who have to walk home in servere winds with things flying about from roofs and trees.

Quote Originally Posted by rangers1873 View Post
    i drive the bus for the watten kids, and i have not been informed that it is not running,
    My son really didn't want to go to French, what a chancer.

A day of complete farce at WHS. When windows and skylights begin to break under the pressure of the wind you really should be getting out of there. Also with the heating broken down in the main part of the school it was just about as cold inside as it was out! At it's most farcical today, the english dept. were banned from using their rooms, as it was just to cold (around 10 degrees), but for some reason French classes were displaced to these rooms. The school was basically unusable.
    The situation could have been aided with some common sence, which was in short supply. Lessons were not really going to come to much with half of the school (all the country pupils) absent, but now they are going to have people of with colds and things due to being in an un-heated building all day. Madness!

Judging by the state of Wick High School it needs a total re-build. School Council is now going to take the matter further and get something positive done about the state of the school. If there was a school in this state of disrepair in Inverness it would have been rebuilt by now!!!????

Well I am apalled at Wick High School. I obviously wasn't safe for the children to go to school.
    ............................AHOY HOY........................

Quote Originally Posted by quirbal View Post
    Well I am apalled at Wick High School. I obviously wasn't safe for the children to go to school.
    I hope you mean - "IT" obviously wasn't safe for the children to go to school !!!.
    Loved the typo one of the best I've seen for ages, thanks for brightening my day

aparently when the children complained of it being so cold because of the heating failing & the broken windows the rector told them it wasnt a reason to shut the school!

Default wick high

thats all right for the rector to say,after all he will be okay in his lovely warm office,

Quote Originally Posted by hotrod4 View Post
    I hope you mean - "IT" obviously wasn't safe for the children to go to school !!!.
    Loved the typo one of the best I've seen for ages, thanks for brightening my day

Ehat ate yoy talkong sbout I bever nake tuping mostakes.
    ............................AHOY HOY........................

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast