Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Foxes

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    thanks but i wouldnt rate you as much of a medical expert sorry
    Nor I you. It was you that was using dyslexia as reasoning. With what qualifications? - seeing as you are questioning 'rating'.

What on earth happened to this thread? There was a lovely debate going and now it has ended up in namecalling and all the previous posters seem to have been scared off... Antis and pros - come back!
    ¡ǝʇǝןdɯoɔ sı ǝɟıן ʎɯ - buızɐɹb sǝsɹoɥ ʎɯ sı ooן ʎɯ ɯoɹɟ ʍǝıʌ ǝɥʇ

Quote Originally Posted by Leanne View Post
    Nor I you. It was you that was using dyslexia as reasoning. With what qualifications? - seeing as you are questioning 'rating'.

What on earth happened to this thread? There was a lovely debate going and now it has ended up in namecalling and all the previous posters seem to have been scared off... Antis and pros - come back!
    i note that i was keeping to the topic by asking the op something untiul you butted in

Default a tiny tangent?

hold on now, before we go any further down the debate, this isn't actually a debate.

Quote Originally Posted by veekay View Post
    is there anyone out there doing pest control? We are inundated with these pests and could do with some control.

I was going to say is there anyone out there shooting these b----y things but the pc brigade wouldn't like it.
    veekay asked a question, i know on the org that something like this won't go with out some form of debate as foxes/hunting always provokes a reaction but 4 pages is going a bit far, i don't know of anyone doing pest control but maybe if anyone did they could let veekay know before this post goes to the dogs... haha anyone? no.... ? arite arite

hat.coat.door...
    I'm here for a good time, not a long time!

Quote Originally Posted by Aaldtimer View Post
    It's not just in the countryside that all the problems are!
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/england/10251349.stm
    Blinking heck "Nine-month-old twin girls are in hospital after reports they were attacked by a fox at their home in east London. Police said officers and paramedics were called to a house at around 2200 BST on Saturday.
    The little girls are being treated at the Royal London Hospital and are described as being in a "serious but stable condition".
    Both are understood to have arm wounds and one has facial injuries.
    The fox was believed to have been in an upstairs room as the babies slept..."
    "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    perhaps they are due to dyslexia
    If it is, it must 'come and go' cos your posting was excellent here:

09-May-10, 15:56 My sister never failed to keep me updated when the first swallow of the year arrived to nest under her eaves. Since I lived in suburbia at the time, this only served to intensify my longing to see the wee swallows once more. She also never forgot to tell me when the last swallow departed for distant shores..

09-May-10, 01:09 Can't believe the latest craze, micro-pigs! The dinky piggies have become the celebrity's pet choice. They are smaller than your average cat, they are loyal and affectionate. Fancy a pig sitting on your lap? Somehow I don't think they will be a serious contender for dogs and cats.

09-May-10, 00:14 Just noticed that the Google image is the 150th Birthday of J.M. Barrie. My favourite when I was a child were the magical tales by Hans Christian Andersen. Such tales are reminiscent of times past and bring back happy memories for me. Anyone remember their particular favourite and I wonder if you read them to your own children?
    "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."

Quote Originally Posted by bekisman View Post
    If it is, it must 'come and go' cos your posting was excellent here:
    Woo hoo! And Pegasus calls me a fraud

But it isn't nature is it? Chickens are not wild animals - they were bred by humans to be the meat/egg producers that they are. .[/quote]

I think you will find that chickens are in fact WILD ANIMALS , there are many species of chicken that roam free and are not tame. Man may have starting keeping chickens and then eating the meat and eggs but to state they were never wild (the chickens that is ) is a bit naive .....

K

Default What Fox hunt did you say you went on again

Not sure I see the relevance but - it was the East Cheshire Hunt.
    As Pegasus pointed out above. YOU ARE A FRAUD

As someone who regulary attended fox/hare packs in the N/W of England, I had never heard of the "East Cheshire Hunt" so I checked it out.
    There is an East Cheshire pack of hounds, but there is a slight problem,
    they are a drag hunt and so no foxes are killed! The web site for the East Chesire Drag Hunt can be found at ECDH

I then checked with the MFHA (Masters Of Foxhounds Association) and guess what, "East Cheshire Hunt" is not listed.

Maybe it was a long time ago when you went out with the hunt i.e. before the hunting with hounds was banned, So i looked up historical records and surprise surprise, they were a drag hunt in 2000, well before the ban came in.

Agent Leanne please return to the Hunt Saboteurs Association as your mission has ended in complete success
    Michael Stone is innocent.
    Convicted without any forensic evidence and failed to be picked at any ID parade
    So who did kill Lin & Megan Russell
    http://www.michaelstone.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by onecalledk View Post
    I think you will find that chickens are in fact WILD ANIMALS , there are many species of chicken that roam free and are not tame. Man may have starting keeping chickens and then eating the meat and eggs but to state they were never wild (the chickens that is ) is a bit naive .....

K
    Chickens as we know it are not wild bird they have been selectively bred to make them as they are. They have solid bones in contrast to wild, flighted birds, presumably as this trait meant that they were poor flyers and couldn't stray far from the homestead. Pretty much in the same way pheasants were bred to be a bit stupid (not much sport pheasant shooting really...). Chickens wouldn't survive in the wild due to this very fact - they have poor survival skills. To suggest that chickens are non-domesticated and wild is naive.

Quote Originally Posted by Anfield View Post
    As Pegasus pointed out above. YOU ARE A FRAUD

As someone who regulary attended fox/hare packs in the N/W of England, I had never heard of the "East Cheshire Hunt" so I checked it out.
    There is an East Cheshire pack of hounds, but there is a slight problem,
    they are a drag hunt and so no foxes are killed! The web site for the East Chesire Drag Hunt can be found at ECDH

I then checked with the MFHA (Masters Of Foxhounds Association) and guess what, "East Cheshire Hunt" is not listed.

Maybe it was a long time ago when you went out with the hunt i.e. before the hunting with hounds was banned, So i looked up historical records and surprise surprise, they were a drag hunt in 2000, well before the ban came in.

Agent Leanne please return to the Hunt Saboteurs Association as your mission has ended in complete success
    Yes they are drag hunts - as are all hunts in England now.

You are quoting the North East Cheshire Drag hunt - that is a group completely separate. The East Cheshire Hunt is also known as the Cheshire Forest Hunt and were anything but drag - they were the main hunt that hit the press for trying to circumnavigate the ban . I joined them on a day ticket as they were my 'local' hunt when I working at East Cheshire District General in Macclesfield.

I have drag hunted with the North East Cheshire hunt and didn't enjoy it much. There was far too much stopping and starting, very little fast runs and also very few jumps. I much prefer Cheshire Farmers Drag Hunt. They also do the best parties!!!

I'm here for a good time, not a long time!

Chickens as we know it are not wild bird they have been selectively bred to make them as they are. They have solid bones in contrast to wild, flighted birds, presumably as this trait meant that they were poor flyers and couldn't stray far from the homestead. Pretty much in the same way pheasants were bred to be a bit stupid (not much sport pheasant shooting really...). Chickens wouldn't survive in the wild due to this very fact - they have poor survival skills. To suggest that chickens are non-domesticated and wild is naive.
    if you dare to step out of your breeding laboratory you will find there are feral chickens in various places , on the Isle of Man for example they roam free, these are not tame nor domesticated they are WILD ! EVERY animal alive to day at some point was a wild animal, man came along and then domesticated them. Chickens dont fly because they have clipped wings, non clipped winged chickens FLY like other birds ...... Pheasants are stupid , full stop, they were not bred that way they just are.....

YOu do realise that animals are born and not made dont you ?

The chickens we say by the way were wild and ALIVE ......

K
    Last edited by onecalledk; 06-Jun-10 at 22:37.

Quote Originally Posted by bekisman View Post
    If it is, it must 'come and go'
    seems to come and go with the drink. cant see the correlation myself

very odd why you would be digging about cdpor old posts?

Peg

Yes they are drag hunts - as are all hunts in England now.

You are quoting the North East Cheshire Drag hunt - that is a group completely separate. The East Cheshire Hunt is also known as the Cheshire Forest Hunt and were anything but drag - they were the main hunt that hit the press for trying to circumnavigate the ban . I joined them on a day ticket as they were my 'local' hunt when I working at East Cheshire District General in Macclesfield.

I have drag hunted with the North East Cheshire hunt and didn't enjoy it much. There was far too much stopping and starting, very little fast runs and also very few jumps. I much prefer Cheshire Farmers Drag Hunt. They also do the best parties!!!
    Leanne you are digging yourself into such a big hole, stop digging.
    The Cheshire Forest, a pack I have followed (but not from a hunting perspective) has never been known as the "East Cheshire Hunt"
    Check your facts. before posting or maybe your are still suffering from a hangover from one of the "best parties" you mentioned.
    Michael Stone is innocent.
    Convicted without any forensic evidence and failed to be picked at any ID parade
    So who did kill Lin & Megan Russell
    http://www.michaelstone.co.uk/

Woo hoo! And Pegasus calls me a fraud
    yes i did and i do
    but thanks for the grren card

Default foxes

I don't much care for the accusation of FRAUD levelled at a fellow Orger (low though my opinion of the ORG. might be.)

I think an apology is due.
    Richard Sutherland

if you dare to step out of your breeding laboratory you will find there are feral chickens in various places , on the Isle of Man for example they roam free, these are not tame nor domesticated they are WILD ! EVERY animal alive to day at some point was a wild animal, man came along and then domesticated them. Chickens dont fly because they have clipped wings, non clipped winged chickens FLY like other birds ...... Pheasants are stupid , full stop, they were not bred that way they just are.....

YOu do realise that animals are born and not made dont you ?

The chickens we say by the way were wild and ALIVE ......

K
    There are no native foxes on the Isle of Man so I suppose feral chickens do perfectly well As they are non-native if any do find their way to the island they are culled so as not to upset the ecosystem...

Also feral is a different thing to wild - they have been domesticated at some point in recent generation. I was waiting for your evidence of true wild chickens as you so vehnemently spoke of, with capitals and EVERYTHING! lol

And chickens do not fly - they can get airborn but reach about 4 foot before running out of puff so to speak. I'd say they have 4 foot of life and maybe 10-12 foot of length. Their bones are too dense to allow them to fly properly. If you want to test it yourself you are welcome to come and chase my chickens to see if they fly away - the don't. They kind of flap and run...

True wild pheasants are anything but stupid. Domesticated ones were probably selected at some point for their sheer stupidity and this characteristic is now the norm. Poor birds...

Quote Originally Posted by Anfield View Post
    Leanne you are digging yourself into such a big hole, stop digging.
    The Cheshire Forest, a pack I have followed (but not from a hunting perspective) has never been known as the "East Cheshire Hunt"
    Check your facts. before posting or maybe your are still suffering from a hangover from one of the "best parties" you mentioned.
    Check out a map - they are in East Cheshire. As a local, I can assure they are indeed known as the East Cheshire Hunt. It helps distinguish them from the the Cheshire Hunt itself. There is animosity and occasionally overlap between the two hunts - calling them the East Cheshire Hunt makes it more identifiable which hunt you are actually following.

How am I digging myself a hole - you appear to me to be the one falling into a hole. You claim you have followed them but not from a hunting perspective - perhaps I know you if this claim is true...

Chickens dont fly because they have clipped wings, non clipped winged chickens FLY like other birds ......
    Dont know what chickens you have seen or got... Can i have some??? I'll pay you good money for them...

My chooks are definately not clipped and can not fly at all - The best ive ever seen is a jump into the air and an non magestic flap back down...

I have never heard of a chicken being able to take flight like say a sea gull?? Come to think of it would be quite a funny sight. I'll give you £20 per flying chicken...

Default the trouble with chickens

I am getting confused here with the chickens.

Are they being hunted by red coated horsemen?

Surely not.

So what are they doing in this thread?

Are they just being used to egg us on.....?
    Richard Sutherland

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast