Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red bag found at retail park wick

Default Red bag found at retail park wick

I found a red bag today with some items in it it looks like Christmas presents to me so if the person that lost it could PM me with a description of the contents I will gladly return them.

bump..................

small fishing village outside wick called pulteney

should you not hand it into the police station, there nothing to say that the owner is on here, be careful you may get charged with theft by find, i think its against the law to with hold found items ,,,
    if it wasnt for pubs it would be tescos for us all

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonlyagain View Post
    I found a red bag today with some items in it it looks like Christmas presents to me so if the person that lost it could PM me with a description of the contents I will gladly return them.
    You should have taken it back into the shop where the purchases were made and left it there, it's owner most likely went back looking for it to see if some kind soul had found and returned it. The retailer will have most likely have had card details, could have contacted the bank etc etc. And I'm with riggerboy, on the theft by find thingy.

Quote Originally Posted by windymiller View Post
    You should have taken it back into the shop where the purchases were made and left it there, it's owner most likely went back looking for it to see if some kind soul had found and returned it. The retailer will have most likely have had card details, could have contacted the bank etc etc. And I'm with riggerboy, on the theft by find thingy.
    Just for your reference
    Theft by finding occurs when someone who chances upon an object which seems abandoned takes possession of the object but fails to take steps to establish whether the object is abandoned and not merely lost or unattended.[1] In somejurisdictions the crime is called "larceny by finding" or "stealing by finding".[2][3]
    If the owner has renounced all property rights in the object, then the property is abandoned.[1] Since theft is the unlawful taking of another person's property, an essential element of the actus reus of theft is absent.[2]
    The finder of lost property acquires a possessory right by taking physical control of the property, but does not necessarily have ownership of the property. The finder must take reasonable steps to locate the owner.
    [1]
    If the finder shows that reasonable steps to find the owner have been taken then the finder may establish that the required mens rea for theft, the intention to deprive the owner permanently, is absent.[2]

Mens rea (/ˈmɛnz ˈrɪə/; Latin for "guilty mind".[1]), in criminal law, is viewed as one of the necessary elements of some crimes. The standard common law test of criminal liability is usually expressed in the Latin phrase, actus reus non facit reum nisi mens sit rea, which means "the act is not culpable unless the mind is guilty". Thus, in jurisdictions withdue process, there must be an actus reus, or "guilty act", accompanied by some level of mens rea to constitute the crime with which the defendant is charged (see the technical requirement of concurrence). As a general rule, criminal liability does not attach to a person who merely acted with the absence of mental fault. The exception is strict liabilitycrimes.

dont think that is point, i think it should be handed over to the police, what makes you think that the owner is on this forum,????? is there no identifcation inside the bag, is the bag empty,

why do you still have it ?????

dont get me wrong i think you are trying to do a good thing here, its just if you have had no success in finding the owner then i think its time to give up and hand it in, your honesty should be rewarded, even if it is knowing you did the right thing

We know you're not stealing the bag, but you'd be on the back foot trying to explain it to police and prosecutors. Especially if you give them barrack room lawyer quotes.

You picked up what you knew to be other people's stuff, took it home and so far have kept it.

They've heard: "I was holding on to it for them." before, from thieves.

Stop being silly and hand it in to the cop shop.

Default Red Bag

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RedBag.jpg 
Views:	2984 
Size:	79.9 KB 
ID:	26432

I saw this posted somewhere.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Milkins View Post

I saw this posted somewhere.
    That's quite funny

That's quite funny
    You holding on to somebodys property is not.
    Més que un club

bump..................
    Have you taken the red bag to the Police Station yet? or at least reported to the police that you are holding it?

As if I had lost it, and thought I might get it back, the first place I would go would be the Police Station to enquire about my 'Lost Property'.

Bump........

you are kidding, you surely still dont have the bag, i would take the hint, not everyone is on this forum, do the decent thing and hand it it to the police station, what are you thinking, infact i would say that you are trying to hold on to it now,

I am really not interested in what you think. Its obviously not your bag so why are you so bothered about it???????? This is on here on the off chance that someone will see it and know about the bag, and obviously there was no ID in the bag or I would not have needed to put this post on here.

Afte this length of time and no claimant it's time you handed it in to the police.

Seriously, I would say you have almost officially stolen it now, as I think you now intend to permanently deprive its owner of said bag and contents. As we are left assuming that you have not informed the Police that you have it, if so, you cannot claim to have taken all steps toward finding its rightful owner, can you?

I am really not interested in what you think. Its obviously not your bag so why are you so bothered about it???????? This is on here on the off chance that someone will see it and know about the bag, and obviously there was no ID in the bag or I would not have needed to put this post on here.
    Most people will go to the police to see if they have lost something out in public areas to see if it has been handed in. Not everyone goes on the org so its ridiculous you keeping it to see if anyone comes forward. You have no right to this property as it belongs to someone else, hand it in to the police like anyone responsible person would.
    Més que un club

And the moral of this story is if you see something that someone has left behind leave for some dishonest person to come along and steal it to save you getting harassed on the org for trying to do a good deed. Now remember !!!

Best thing to do is to hand it in to the police. Better still theoneandonlyagain why don't you put a news feed in the local newspaper. You'll get no sympathy if you get caught with it in your possession. Do the honourable thing and hand it in to the police. What do you think you are going to gain from keeping it. If it was by bag I'd be well peed off you held on to it. Bump................................. Perhaps if this post is reported to the police they will be able to find out who you are. Then you can explain your actions.
    A 1991 Gallup survey indicated that 49 percent of Americans didn't know that white bread is made from wheat.

Quote Originally Posted by auk View Post
    And the moral of this story is if you see something that someone has left behind leave for some dishonest person to come along and steal it to save you getting harassed on the org for trying to do a good deed. Now remember !!!
    Or do the decent thing and hand the lost property into the Police, This could be in combination with a notice on here saying you had found it and handed it over to he authorities. theoneandonly is not being harrassed for trying to do a good deed, more for not trying hard enough.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast