Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: a caithness festival?

Quote Originally Posted by cesare View Post
    lol it was a idea but yet again shot down and drained and i wonder why people still try nowadays congrats
    nice try. i like the IDEA. which is all it is. fair play for wanting to do something for music, not enough wanting to do so, but if respected musicians are going to react like the way the have on this thread then why bother?
    the older musicians on the scene should be trying harder to encourage such ideas rather than ridicule them on first view.
    you dont look at the mantle when ur pokin the fire

Quote Originally Posted by Chobbersjnr View Post
    you need to get out more & supergrass. You really are a funny guy........

OK Cesare & Rob. Money where mouth is. Go for it. I'll be in the audience.
    No you'll not, you and the other cynics ( about 95% of people who have posted on this thread ) are barred...

Quote Originally Posted by dogman View Post
    nice try. i like the IDEA. which is all it is. fair play for wanting to do something for music, not enough wanting to do so, but if respected musicians are going to react like the way the have on this thread then why bother?
    the older musicians on the scene should be trying harder to encourage such ideas rather than ridicule them on first view.
    given the smarmy know it all attitudes conveyed, "respect" is a word I wouldnt use here

Quote Originally Posted by Deemac View Post
    I'll be in the beer tent sheltering from the rain with the other 6 people that turned up!!
    Well, well, well, welcome to the village idiot !!! Tent.....just shows how stupid you are...tents cost money....the festival will be delivered through fixed venues, costs = nothing ( no toilet / sanitation costs either )....you do not have a clue do you !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chobbersjnr View Post
    I'd book limelights 40K+ of line array now......
    Well if you want to deliver a professional sound you buy the best, glad you endorse Limelight

Loopallu, Loopallu Loopallu Loopallu, Wizzard, Wizzard Wizzard, Northern Lights Northern Lights...........................what bits about these small community festivals do you not understand.....finance / logistics / bill.........................bozos !!!!

[quote=Chobbersjnr;410839]you need to get out more & supergrass. You really are a funny guy........

Me go out more lol lol lol lol.........well Isacc, thats the pot calling the kettle black, stick to insulting neeps please !

Quote Originally Posted by rob murray View Post
    Well, well, well, welcome to the village idiot !!! Tent.....just shows how stupid you are...tents cost money....the festival will be delivered through fixed venues, costs = nothing ( no toilet / sanitation costs either )....you do not have a clue do you !!!!
    Tents cost money but so does a council let, and we are talking about a lot of money. If you are thinking about a free fixed venue you'll need to look at something like a village hall, I suppose. Hard to find one of those with decent acoustics for an event like this, although the Durness one is decent.

Mmmm (to bite or not to bite??) - actually I do have a VERY good clue as I ran Edge of the World Music Festival for seven years running and am fully aware just how much tent hire is. I see humour is not lost on you - good luck with your own ventures (you'll need it!!)
    All the world's a stage and we are merely players . . . . .
    For more visit: http://www.studiograff-photo.co.uk

let's all just grab an acoustic and chip in a fiver for beer and shelter...
    "you know and i know that we talk in circles most times"

Quote Originally Posted by Deemac View Post
    Mmmm (to bite or not to bite??) - actually I do have a VERY good clue as I ran Edge of the World Music Festival for seven years running and am fully aware just how much tent hire is. I see humour is not lost on you - good luck with your own ventures (you'll need it!!)
    Good, then why post the 6 people in a tent nonsense ...is this from experience ?

Quote Originally Posted by gollach View Post
    Tents cost money but so does a council let, and we are talking about a lot of money. If you are thinking about a free fixed venue you'll need to look at something like a village hall, I suppose. Hard to find one of those with decent acoustics for an event like this, although the Durness one is decent.
    correct me if Im wrong here...but I didnt mention council lets

fixed venues with toilets?

Maybe you can get Mackay's hotel for free instead then?

Quote Originally Posted by gollach View Post
    fixed venues with toilets?

Maybe you can get Mackay's hotel for free instead then?
    A good start, there are any more, it all depends on the tie in with the sponsor..hint hint

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

Talk's cheap, don't cost a thing. Untill I see the "Rob Murray Fest" in neon lights from every significant landmark in the world it's all talk, talk, talk & no walk.

Let's see your walk & prove you're not the only neep that's worth an insult & if you really must use my name rather than my username it's Isaac not Isacc.

Man I felt like Jeid for a minute there.

How is Jeid anyway??

aye Rob you've always talked & talked & talked & had the summer hit of the year for as long as I've been able to comprehend the english language & nothing seems to change. I'm all for a Caithness music festival but the likelyhood of it actually happening is slim IMHO unless of course the font of ALL knowledge steps up & organises the mother of all festivals.

Talk..talk talk...what exactly are you accusing me of, ie all talk and no delivery....in what context ? What summer hit are you on about ( cant remember me ever refering to anything like it on this platform ) and whats this to do with the relevance to the thread ? Speak to Jeid yerself you know where he works.

Oh by the way money where my mouth is...well well well eh ! If I were you Id back off.

Talk..talk talk...what exactly are you accusing me of, ie all talk and no delivery....in what context ? What summer hit are you on about ( cant remember me ever refering to anything like it on this platform ) and whats this to do with the relevance to the thread ? Speak to Jeid yerself you know where he works.

Oh by the way money where my mouth is...well well well eh ! If I were you Id back off.
    Good grief, man, you sound more childish than you used to.
    In the image of God? You must be joking!

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

If I were you Id back off.
    sounds threatening

comedy sketch shows for ITV. loads of inspiration in your posting

Quote Originally Posted by Gleber2 View Post
    Good grief, man, you sound more childish than you used to.
    Well John, Yes, I totally agree, I still am "childish" and proud off it. You see Billy Childish ( google the name....he's recorded 100 plus albums ) recently wrote a book highlighting how up to the age of 13 people see music as it is, ie innocently and wholly to be enjoyed...after 13 this basic premise is distorted by the media and know alls who influence opinions, hence as we get older we basically lose touch with the innocence attributed to the perception we held as 13 year olds. In other words negative cyncism creeps in.. ie dont like this music because they look like this...dont like this music because they cant play / too old / to soft etc etc etc. I replied to this thread because I connected with the innocence..lets have a festival...and why not..or as Salvidor Dali once put it ( and paraphrased by Pete Wylie : Story of the Blues ) " The city intellectuals of this world are divorced from the realities of the full bloodied body of the soil and as such are rootless fools"....ponder this for a moment eh and remember the days of innocence, I have, a long long time ago !

Well John, Yes, I totally agree, I still am "childish" and proud off it. You see Billy Childish ( google the name....he's recorded 100 plus albums ) recently wrote a book highlighting how up to the age of 13 people see music as it is, ie innocently and wholly to be enjoyed...after 13 this basic premise is distorted by the media and know alls who influence opinions, hence as we get older we basically lose touch with the innocence attributed to the perception we held as 13 year olds. In other words negative cyncism creeps in.. ie dont like this music because they look like this...dont like this music because they cant play / too old / to soft etc etc etc. I replied to this thread because I connected with the innocence..lets have a festival...and why not..or as Salvidor Dali once put it ( and paraphrased by Pete Wylie : Story of the Blues ) " The city intellectuals of this world are divorced from the realities of the full bloodied body of the soil and as such are rootless fools"....ponder this for a moment eh and remember the days of innocence, I have, a long long time ago !
    So, will we be seeing you in Bay City Rollers outfits and playing in the Jock Rocks again?
    By the way, it is not considered good Org etiquette to refer to Orgers by their real names.
    In the image of God? You must be joking!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast