Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Caithness Magic the Gathering Group

Default Caithness Magic the Gathering Group

Hello, if you are or you know anyone who is interested in Magic the Gathering we run a group that meets once a month (sometimes more) on the second Friday night of the month in the communitiy room in Wick Tesco from 7pm-11pm

We welcome anyone who is interested if you are new, experianced or a returning player we can help teach you how to play.
    We play at all levels social and competitive with lots of different formats (drafts, sealed, standard, modern, commander and others)

The Friday Night Magic (FNM) is supported through the games shop Elllerium Games in Inverness where we get nice promo cards for those who attend. We also get the Prerelease boxes for each new set.

Our Next event is the Hour Of Devastation Prerelease on the 8th of July and the FNM on the 14th of July.

For more information you can as to join this group here:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/4830...18553/?fref=nf

Also there is another group where Magic is played where there are a number of other tabletop wargames like Warhammer 40K and Age of Sigmar/board games/rpg/trading card games played that meet every Thursday 4:30pm-10pm More details can be found here:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/178022098884774/

I too play with them this wonderful group of lads and highly recommend coming along if you have any interest in MtG.

Anyone in Wick into wargaming in general? Bolt Action, Walking Dead, 40K etc?

Gonna be painting up some Death Guard for 40K soonish.

I have some Germans needing a coat of paint for Bolt Action, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    Anyone in Wick into wargaming in general? Bolt Action, Walking Dead, 40K etc?
    There are some of us but mostly play through at Northern Knights in Thurso. I do play X-Wing however.

MtG is where it's at though and if you don't play but would like to learn, be happy to help teach. We play very regularly, all formats.

I used to go through myself but never played much. health and transport issues put a stop to it so not been back. probably know you all lol but just looking for someone to have the odd game with here in Wick and to learn some new ones but not really into Mtg sorry. I did try it many moons ago but not a game for me. I make mdf scenery now for wargaming with so always handy to see how my stuff can be used or improved too.