Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Songs that affect you.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ah right. No, that's not what I'm accusing you of at all.

What I am saying is that rave music is simply the same as taking someone else's work and reinventing it slightly, and then presenting it as your own work and having it accepted as such. (On reflection it's a poor analogy, I confess..! )

The DJ can never be classed the same as the virtuoso musician. There is no comparison whatsoever.

OK, you might enjoy and appreciate the DJ and 'his' music. But it's not the same as listening to Segovia or Zappa or Beck (for instance). They were/are innovators, true musical geniuses and creators. They used their own instruments, their own imaginations and were limited only by their own imaginations.

I'm afraid I don't think anyone can say the same of any DJ.
    "It makes my blood burn with metal energy..."

Quote Originally Posted by Metalattakk View Post
    Ah right. No, that's not what I'm accusing you of at all.

What I am saying is that rave music is simply the same as taking someone else's work and reinventing it slightly, and then presenting it as your own work and having it accepted as such. (On reflection it's a poor analogy, I confess..! )

The DJ can never be classed the same as the virtuoso musician. There is no comparison whatsoever.

OK, you might enjoy and appreciate the DJ and 'his' music. But it's not the same as listening to Segovia or Zappa or Beck (for instance). They were/are innovators, true musical geniuses and creators. They used their own instruments, their own imaginations and were limited only by their own imaginations.

I'm afraid I don't think anyone can say the same of any DJ.
    Dear oh dear hang the DJ eh?

Know ye these names: Yoda, Shadow, Cut Chemist, Coldcut, Grandmaster Flash, James Murphy, Erol Alkan........

All a little easier on the ears than ol' Zappa!
    Week will inherit the earth.....