Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Anfield View Post
    I call anyone who kills animals for sport an idiot regardless of how many posts they have made
    Have you ever gone fishing?

Let me guess, your going to say no.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shabbychic View Post
    What is the point of any debate then? What is the point of having a forum? Do you believe we should all just cosy up and agree with each other?

Oh, and I'm not a whale. I don't spout, I verbalise.
    IMO there is very little point in this "type" of debate, the OP seeked permission to conduct a perfectly legal pastime, and was met with a tirade of reasons why he/she was wrong for doing so.....

As i have never met you personally i cannot pass judgement as to whether you are a whale or not

Back to the OP's question, the best way to gain the type of permission you are after is to knock on farmers/landowners doors and simply ask, some will say no, some will say yes, make sure you have all your certificates with you, and insurance from the likes of BASC etc and any written refferances from other landowners doesnt go amiss.
    “A lot of good arguments are spoiled by some fool who knows what he is talking about.”

Quote Originally Posted by buggyracer View Post
    IMO there is very little point in this "type" of debate, the OP seeked permission to conduct a perfectly legal pastime, and was met with a tirade of reasons why he/she was wrong for doing so.....

As i have never met you personally i cannot pass judgement as to whether you are a whale or not

Back to the OP's question, the best way to gain the type of permission you are after is to knock on farmers/landowners doors and simply ask, some will say no, some will say yes, make sure you have all your certificates with you, and insurance from the likes of BASC etc and any written refferances from other landowners doesnt go amiss.
    Fair enough, that's your view; just one final point though. Only one of my responses was to biglad himself, when he started calling people names. (well I think he was) The rest have been to others that have put in their tuppence worth, like yersel.

What is the point of any debate then? What is the point of having a forum? Do you believe we should all just cosy up and agree with each other?

But the OP was not starting a debate. The OP asked a legitimate question. He did not attempt to justify shooting, nor criticise those who oppose it.

If the OP was asking if there was anywhere offroad he could race a car - would we say that this was an invitation to critisise his choice of legitimate sport? Would he be subjected to a whole raft of insults and criticism because some disagree with noisy motor cars driven at speed? Would anyone asking when the next SNP political meeting in Caithness be met with this level of antagonism? I think not.

I'll tell you what - lets all go over to the classified sections and start slating anyone who might be selling something we don't like.
    I personally think that anyone who buys clothes with 'BENCH' written across the arse must be a slapper. So I'm off to find some poor mare flogging a pair on here so I can give her the benefit of my boundless wisdom....

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear1873 View Post
    Have you ever gone fishing?

Let me guess, your going to say no.
    Wrong!
    I used to regularly go sea fishing in my teens, and I also used to eat dead animals.
    Then I attained enlightenment
    Michael Stone is innocent.
    Convicted without any forensic evidence and failed to be picked at any ID parade
    So who did kill Lin & Megan Russell
    http://www.michaelstone.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Ego View Post
    "..so I can give her the benefit of my boundless wisdom.."
    I think you are deluding yourself here Walter
    Convicted without any forensic evidence and failed to be picked at any ID parade

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Ego View Post
    But the OP was not starting a debate. The OP asked a legitimate question. He did not attempt to justify shooting, nor criticise those who oppose it.

If the OP was asking if there was anywhere offroad he could race a car - would we say that this was an invitation to critisise his choice of legitimate sport? Would he be subjected to a whole raft of insults and criticism because some disagree with noisy motor cars driven at speed? Would anyone asking when the next SNP political meeting in Caithness be met with this level of antagonism? I think not.

I'll tell you what - lets all go over to the classified sections and start slating anyone who might be selling something we don't like.
    I personally think that anyone who buys clothes with 'BENCH' written across the arse must be a slapper. So I'm off to find some poor mare flogging a pair on here so I can give her the benefit of my boundless wisdom....
    Just wait a wee minute here Mr Ego. Are you implying I waged an all out campaign against the biglad? As I previously pointed out, all, bar one, of my posts were to others that joined in, and I responded to points they made, just like this one. I never once asked for him to justify anything, but he did in fact criticise those who oppose it, which is up to him.

If you look through the classified section, you actually will find posts, slating things some don't like. It happens all the time on here.

So don't start jumping on me if you don't like what was said on this thread, and quoting me as if I had some vendetta against the guy.

I am entitled to my opinion, as you are yours, but don't start singling people out for your attacks.

what happens when the rabbit population gets to big where would the lettuce and carrot crusher get their food from .stop shooting and we get rid of the narrow minded vegs. then we can shoot the rabbits after they have gone

Quote Originally Posted by starfish View Post
    what happens when the rabbit population gets to big where would the lettuce and carrot crusher get their food from .stop shooting and we get rid of the narrow minded vegs. then we can shoot the rabbits after they have gone
    Oh, a wee squeak fae the back.

There is a big difference between animal control and shooting for fun.

What is a narrow minded veg, and a lettuce and carrot crusher? Is this another attempt at humour? Is this as far as your vocabulary goes?

Small minds are easily amused, as they say.
    Last edited by Shabbychic; 20-Jun-11 at 17:41.

Have you ever heard of Mother Nature?
    The theory goes that foxes and other animals kill & eat rabbits, and thus control the rabbit population, but then retards kill or poison these animals for sport so the theory goes out of window.
    Last edited by Anfield; 20-Jun-11 at 17:54. Reason: add category

Just wait a wee minute here Mr Ego. Are you implying I waged an all out campaign against the biglad? As I previously pointed out, all, bar one, of my posts were to others that joined in, and I responded to points they made, just like this one. I never once asked for him to justify anything, but he did in fact criticise those who oppose it, which is up to him.

If you look through the classified section, you actually will find posts, slating things some don't like. It happens all the time on here.

So don't start jumping on me if you don't like what was said on this thread, and quoting me as if I had some vendetta against the guy.

I am entitled to my opinion, as you are yours, but don't start singling people out for your attacks.
    Touchy, aren't we?

You described this thread as a 'debate'. That's why I quoted your post - but it does not preclude other posters.

The OP was not inviting 'debate' - just answers to his question.

That's my point.

I think you are deluding yourself here Walter

You've upset me now, Anfs.

Scouse git.

Have you ever heard of Mother Nature?
    The theory goes that foxes eat rabbits, and thus control the rabbit population, but then retards kill foxes for sport so the theory goes out of window.
    how many of these vegs drink wine cleared with fish scales and eat sweets that have geltine from animals or leather shoes and sit on leather suites and the word retard means some one that slow and under at achieved which i think is un fair to a disable person if you can not win a agrument do not slate people that is less fortunate than you grow a pair and make you case with out insult not every one has the same views as you

how many of these vegs drink wine cleared with fish scales and eat sweets that have geltine from animals or leather shoes and sit on leather suites and the word retard means some one that slow and under at achieved which i think is un fair to a disable person if you can not win a agrument do not slate people that is less fortunate than you grow a pair and make you case with out insult not every one has the same views as you
    Fullstops and Capital letters freely available upon request.

I think you will find, anyone who has made the decision not to eat meat, will have the nouce to check that what they are eating doesn't contain any.

Default s

anfield why fetch my name in to this got in about an hour ago look on org ,,biglad asked for land like i did many years ago he got same replys what i did , look what you caused rubbin my name again twice you done this to me what have i done to you explain, you think i am sid ,, biglad any more names or remarks

Quote Originally Posted by ducati View Post
    Fullstops and Capital letters freely available upon request.

I think you will find, anyone who has made the decision not to eat meat, will have the nouce to check that what they are eating doesn't contain any.
    seeing as they are freely available I HAVE KNOW QUITE A FEW VEGS THAT DRINK WINE NOT REALISING WHAT IT WAS CLEARED WITH . I AM EACH TO THEIR OWN EVERY BODY HAS DIFFERENT OPINIONS IN LIFE ,BUT SOME PEOPLE DO NOT LIKE THEIR OPINIONS REJECTED AND GET DEFENSIVE AND USE OTHERS DOWN FALLS TO GAIN AND SCORE POINTS

Quote Originally Posted by biglad View Post
    whats it to with your if i do it for sport ,hobbie i do it for fun sooo what ?
    Anyone who thinks randomly killing wildlife is fun and considers it a sport, is obviously missing a few grey cells. A hunt for those may be in order.

Quote Originally Posted by Margaret M. View Post
    Anyone who thinks randomly killing wildlife is fun and considers it a sport, is obviously missing a few grey cells. A hunt for those may be in order.
    We have hunted for food since caveman

Quote Originally Posted by sharona View Post
    anfield why fetch my name in to this got in about an hour ago look on org ,,biglad asked for land like i did many years ago he got same replys what i did , look what you caused rubbin my name again twice you done this to me what have i done to you explain, you think i am sid ,, biglad any more names or remarks
    He obviously has a big wooden spoon and had nothing better to do rather than just answer biglad's question.

Quote Originally Posted by Margaret M. View Post
    Just a reminder that this thread has been moved to the hobbies section, not the sport.

Good call Org Moderator.

Maybe we should have a Wooden Spoon Section, be tons of threads there.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast