Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: big gig 2007: any willing bands or reccomendations

Quote Originally Posted by BigKev View Post

(of course that is my own opinion. he he)
    At least you have sat in my front room and adressed me as an equal human being which gives at least a little knowledge of the reality of me. If you had come with a huge, unjustified ego. you would have met a bigger one which would have sent you scurrying to join the anti- brigade.
    Your pont is fair, we all have music in common but so have the gangster rappers in America and they shoot each other.
    In the image of God? You must be joking!

Welcome to the most popular and fastest growing thread on the org!!!!

Please feel free to post your own personal views, regardless of consequence and the offence of others, of how you feel towards the other members this thread.

Sarcasm BTW (im covering my a ,ss with this word here)

Stop bloomin arguing, internet disputes NEVER get solved.

Its the same argument aswell, theres no new material here guys.

At the end of the day, all who are active in the music scene (or not) in thurso or anywhere even. All have a different view on whats good or crap. All produce/play/write different kinds of music. All will have their own attitude towards it. All will appeal to a different generation/taste of person and All have their own opinions.

^^Fact for all time^^

We all have one big thing in common - Music!

And knowing that there are so many people/places/genres here is a good thing.

Live with it and appreciate the reason why you lot got into it in the first place.

Im sure it wasnt to argue guys!!

Well im bored and fancied an argument

Losing too much on poker and all my pals are working so have nowt else better to do that stick up for Jeid

Welcome to the most popular and fastest growing thread on the org!!!!

Please feel free to post your own personal views, regardless of consequence and the offence of others, of how you feel towards the other members this thread.

Sarcasm BTW (im covering my a ,ss with this word here)

Stop bloomin arguing, internet disputes NEVER get solved.

Its the same argument aswell, theres no new material here guys.

At the end of the day, all who are active in the music scene (or not) in thurso or anywhere even. All have a different view on whats good or crap. All produce/play/write different kinds of music. All will have their own attitude towards it. All will appeal to a different generation/taste of person and All have their own opinions.

^^Fact for all time^^

We all have one big thing in common - Music!

And knowing that there are so many people/places/genres here is a good thing.

Live with it and appreciate the reason why you lot got into it in the first place.

Im sure it wasnt to argue guys!!

YEAH! What Kev said!

Now back to the topic,

I recommend that ..... oh wait yeah the thingys already filled up with bands aint it?

I, as well as anybody, have heard people talk about other people. It happens to everybody (even though i dont really like the idea of it myself). I personally dont think its a good idea to base opinions on what people have said. I prefer to make my own opinion from my own experiences with that person.

The above argument is flawed, and i have been played for a fool in the past, but i still try to maintain it out of priciple.

But, on the whole, stories are a bad thing. whatever the truth is, the stories will end up more dramatic and interesting through chinese whispers.

Anybody hear any gossip on me?

Im thinking something here should be clarified.

My opinions haven't just been formed on stories, theve been formed on how he posts on here. Yeah, ok, I concede that his reputation precedes him, but his online profile does nothing to suggest that he is any different in real life.

If you do happen to be different to how you portray yourself online Gleber, then i would suggest you think about what you have to say and how it will be taken as the written word.

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

Quote Originally Posted by the_big_mac View Post
    Losing too much on poker and all my pals are working so have nowt else better to do that stick up for Jeid
    or attack G2 as it goes

B/kev, stories are a fact of caithnessian life (unfortunately) but behind every story there is a truth & the truth is there whether it's liked or not............

BTW I heard you had 2 cyclones.........................NO wait I know you've got 2 cyclones. So nope I have no gossip on ya

& J Fats. Band V Astronot..............LMAO....................ther e is no competition.

It really is funny how I'm obviously going to be biased, but let it be known that G2 & I don't agree on everything, far from it. We argue & it is resolved with a good outcome. I have my own mind & knowledge that I have picked both with & without G2 being there. If I was a "yes man" then I wouldn't have done 1/2 of the things in life that I've done

Anyway I'm only here cos' I'm bored & fancy an arguement. I've got nothing better to do than stick up for G2. He is after all big enough to fight his own battles. However if I see someone getting stuck in for the hell of it then yeah I'll be biased on the side of my flesh & blood. BTW I'm talking generally with nothing to do with music or music scenes

It's what most friends do for each other & particularly what offspring do should they still get on to a good degree with their parents..............

Yup, id just like to highlight that fact, i have two cylones and one is for sale!!

roll up roll up and along to classifieds for a look-see.

Nah, unfortunatly im not famous enough to have much gossip on. oh well.

I hear you have 3 nipples Chobbers?

I'm sure my post here will be mis-interpreted, but that goes without saying.

G2...

You seem to dislike people jumping to conclusions about you, which is fair enough, yet you're guilty of doing exactly the same about me. I've met you once at the Lighthouse and I got the impression right away that you weren't my type of person. I'm about 90% certain, that at that moment in time, you didn't have a clue who I was. So, why is it ok for you to have an opinion on me, but for me to have an opinion on you (and openly state it) is wrong?

In the past, I've asked to meet you face to face (and the offer still stands by the way) so we can chat and argue like they did back in the olden days. Instead of accepting, you shunned my offer and came back with something that you'd heard from someone else, I'm assuming Isaac, and claimed that I wouldn't be up for confrontation. How wrong you are, the offer of a cup of coffee and a chat about how much we dislike each other is still on, and then at least I think it would be fair for you to call me a pratt. You can get back to me on this.

Like everyone else on this forum, you base your opinions on other users on what they post. To them they might be sitting giggling and laughing(like I do most of the time) and others might actually being serious. I know the Big Mac, I know Moncur, Reev etc etc... They all talk to me and know what I'm like in person and can tell when I'm taking the piss out of them... from every post, even the ones when I'm not trying to wind you up (which is rare I must admit) like the other day, when I asked about your amps etc, you still take them totally out of context.

I don't mind you criticising me. I don't mind you criticising my band. In fact, as theboss will tell you(and I'm sure it's come up in the past while we've been verbally jousting) that I love criticism. I seem to thrive on it, which I think, is a good quality. You can't get anywhere in life if you take every little thing to heart (which I'm sure you're more than aware of).

Ok, I act like a child sometimes, but at least I have an excuse, I'm 23, still in my youth. But I can act my age when I want... sometimes beyond. This is however, a messageboard. A forum. Not the end of life as we know it. I come on here to have a laugh, wind people (you) up, promote my band and get some stick. I can take it. You take this far too seriously for your own good. As much as you might try to deny that, I don't think you can as in the past I have made you "annoyed and even angry"... you can't tell me that's not serious.

Lighten up, your years are advancing and if you spend the rest of your days moaning on a music forum, well... it's hardly constructive time is it?

Quote Originally Posted by the_big_mac View Post
    Im thinking something here should be clarified.

My opinions haven't just been formed on stories, theve been formed on how he posts on here. Yeah, ok, I concede that his reputation precedes him, but his online profile does nothing to suggest that he is any different in real life.

If you do happen to be different to how you portray yourself online Gleber, then i would suggest you think about what you have to say and how it will be taken as the written word.
    Before reading further, please note that I Gleber2, did not realise that Cjnr was logged on. These are my words, not his.
    If you read back through all the posts I have made that you have read in the past, you will find that, in the majority of cases, I have replied to the posts in the manner with which they have been written. Therfore, to an arrogant, conceited nonevent post, I will reply in a like fashion. At the other end of the scale, if the post I am replying is couched in a nice reasonable intelligent tone then I will reply in a like fashion. I have had many enlightening discussions on Caithness.org and I have argued with a lot of arrogant, immature pratts who still have the mark of the nappy on their rearend and who haven't yet begun to experience the viscitudes in life which makes the man and the musician.
    There are as many people on this org who can see the honesty and humility as well as the ego and the claimed magalomania. There are many facets to a person and if you choose only to see the negative then I can only say that you are seeing a reflection of yourself and perhaps you should look to your own psyche and personality before examining one which is infinitely more complex. Upon meeting you as I have met countless thousands of people through my long and strange career, I formed an immediate impression of young, cocky, immature, inexperienced ego with nothing to back it up.
    Last edited by Chobbersjnr; 07-Mar-07 at 17:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Chobbersjnr View Post
    & J Fats. Band V Astronot..............LMAO....................ther e is no competition.
    We're obviously better

(just in case... I am taking the piss...)

Quote Originally Posted by Chobbersjnr View Post
    Before reading further, please note that I Gleber2, did not realise that Cjnr was logged on. These are my words, not his.
    If you read back through all the posts I have made that you have read in the past, you will find that, in the majority of cases, I have replied to the posts in the manner with which they have been written. Therfore, to an arrogant, conceited nonevent post, I will reply in a like fashion. At the other end of the scale, if the post I am replying is couched in a nice reasonable intelligent tone then I will reply in a like fashion. I have had many enlightening discussions on Caithness.org and I have argued with a lot of arrogant, immature pratts who still have the mark of the nappy on their rearend and who haven't yet begun to experience the viscitudes in life which makes the man and the musician.
    There are as many people on this org who can see the honesty and humility as well as the ego and the claimed magalomania. There are many facets to a person and if you choose only to see the negative then I can only say that you are seeing a reflection of yourself and perhaps you should look to your own psyche and personality before examining one which is infinitely more complex. Upon meeting you as I have met countless thousands of people through my long and strange career, I formed an immediate impression of young, cocky, immature, inexperienced ego with nothing to back it up.
    There's too many big words in there... must be G2...

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid View Post
    I'm sure my post here will be mis-interpreted, but that goes without saying.

G2...

You seem to dislike people jumping to conclusions about you, which is fair enough, yet you're guilty of doing exactly the same about me. I've met you once at the Lighthouse and I got the impression right away that you weren't my type of person. I'm about 90% certain, that at that moment in time, you didn't have a clue who I was. So, why is it ok for you to have an opinion on me, but for me to have an opinion on you (and openly state it) is wrong?

In the past, I've asked to meet you face to face (and the offer still stands by the way) so we can chat and argue like they did back in the olden days. Instead of accepting, you shunned my offer and came back with something that you'd heard from someone else, I'm assuming Isaac, and claimed that I wouldn't be up for confrontation. How wrong you are, the offer of a cup of coffee and a chat about how much we dislike each other is still on, and then at least I think it would be fair for you to call me a pratt. You can get back to me on this.

Like everyone else on this forum, you base your opinions on other users on what they post. To them they might be sitting giggling and laughing(like I do most of the time) and others might actually being serious. I know the Big Mac, I know Moncur, Reev etc etc... They all talk to me and know what I'm like in person and can tell when I'm taking the piss out of them... from every post, even the ones when I'm not trying to wind you up (which is rare I must admit) like the other day, when I asked about your amps etc, you still take them totally out of context.

I don't mind you criticising me. I don't mind you criticising my band. In fact, as theboss will tell you(and I'm sure it's come up in the past while we've been verbally jousting) that I love criticism. I seem to thrive on it, which I think, is a good quality. You can't get anywhere in life if you take every little thing to heart (which I'm sure you're more than aware of).

Ok, I act like a child sometimes, but at least I have an excuse, I'm 23, still in my youth. But I can act my age when I want... sometimes beyond. This is however, a messageboard. A forum. Not the end of life as we know it. I come on here to have a laugh, wind people (you) up, promote my band and get some stick. I can take it. You take this far too seriously for your own good. As much as you might try to deny that, I don't think you can as in the past I have made you "annoyed and even angry"... you can't tell me that's not serious.

Lighten up, your years are advancing and if you spend the rest of your days moaning on a music forum, well... it's hardly constructive time is it?
    This dispute arose over your childish namecalling. All else came from that.
    Fact. I cannot, for the life of me understand how you managed to misconstrue what was said about valves. I made a mistake, cheerfully admitted it, apologised to the Man from Delmonte and you took the huff.
    In the image of God? You must be joking!

I see you've yet again avoided all my questions.... missing the points I've raised again. You should be an MP.

I never took the huff, I said I wasn't sure if you were being serious as your post (to me anyway) reeked of sarcasm. I'm sure we realise that it was an error of judgement.

As for name calling, I don't see how it's any of your business what I refer to other bands as? I'm sure Estrella don't care either. They've been online and they never flinched. They're big boys and can stand up for themselves.

I think you have some cheek calling me childish, as you proved yourself to be equally as childish with your "Astrocrap" statement. It's just like being in primary school when I enter into a debate with you. You revert to tit-for-tat tactics... almost as if you're saying "my dad is bigger than your dad"... You say I'm proving that I'm childish and immature, I think you should take a long hard look over your posts in this thread squire, and you'll soon see who's being equally as childish.... in fact, every post you put up proves that you're acting your shoe size. Your signature speaks for itself...

EDIT: I see you've since deleted your signature. Pity, I liked all that attention
    Last edited by Jeid; 07-Mar-07 at 17:30.

Check this out... there's another one in America...

http://www.myspace.com/johnny_fats

well ladies, while you're all arguing, there's always Nemesis' demo to look forward to.....

Nemesis, my band, my boys, ive been to a practice,

they remind me of silverstone oh so many moons ago

YAY, WINNERS I SAY

"The Light seems small and far,
    A Darkness envelops my soul,
    Hiding behind my empty smiles,
    Within my mind, Deeper I fall."

Wouldn't it be great if this thread could be like a tele conference and we could all see each other fighting. Jeid can give the finger and Gleber could cast the evil eye and Chobbers could take his shirt off, it would make a good reality show! I'll get on XBOX too and challenge Reev to a game of Ghost Recon, but I still have the old Xbox though, I am resistant to change yet and a stingy as well. And before anyone starts on me I am very proud of my childishness, who the heck wants to be an adult anyway, no me no way!

I only cover my own material, and I gave myself exclusive permission to be the only official Jeemagalike band! I am the only artist to have left Caithness and become world famous, people know me on five different continents (North America, Africa, Australia, Europe and Orkney) and once they hear my music they will never be the same again thats for sure!

I think Cover bands can be good if they go to lengths to make up out of the ordinary sets, or change up their sets regularly, its not about who wrote it, its about how its played! But I think everyone has to tackle writing and performing their own music at sometime even if it flops, nothing ventured nothing gained.

Anyway never mind lads, the Howlin' Gaels will be back playing soon and a wee bird tells me the first gig will be with none other than Howlin' Gaels wannabes "Duress", I wish I could be there for that! (just kidding)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeemag_USA View Post
    I'll get on XBOX too and challenge Reev to a game of Ghost Recon,

Anyway never mind lads, the Howlin' Gaels will be back playing soon and a wee bird tells me the first gig will be with none other than Howlin' Gaels wannabes "Duress", I wish I could be there for that! (just kidding)
    Ah, 360 love it is for me my friend, but hey, i have xbox games too,

Rivosechamp, thats my gamertag man.

Oooooooooooh Howlin Gaels wannabe's Duress, i love it i love it I LOVE IT, you played me with a variation of my own phrase, mwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

clever of you to try, yet w eknow the real way its meant to be.......ill let you into a little secret (unless doug already has) ysee, every band wants to be duress, but what they dont know is that were a wannabe plastic fooze avct, so infact EVERYONE wants to be PLASTIC FOOD, lets keep it on the quiet huh.................HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

"The Light seems small and far,
    A Darkness envelops my soul,
    Hiding behind my empty smiles,
    Within my mind, Deeper I fall."

come on jeemag, hop on the 360 bandwagon, they RULE!!

mind you....get an intercooler, my old one suffered the 3 red lights of death syndrome (it burned itself out)

Quote Originally Posted by Reev View Post
    Ah, 360 love it is for me my friend, but hey, i have xbox games too,

Rivosechamp, thats my gamertag man.

Oooooooooooh Howlin Gaels wannabe's Duress, i love it i love it I LOVE IT, you played me with a variation of my own phrase, mwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

clever of you to try, yet w eknow the real way its meant to be.......ill let you into a little secret (unless doug already has) ysee, every band wants to be duress, but what they dont know is that were a wannabe plastic fooze avct, so infact EVERYONE wants to be PLASTIC FOOD, lets keep it on the quiet huh.................HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

lmao it's true to say that tomorrow night I'm gonna be 1/4 of Plastic Food

can I legally say Plastic Food on this forum????

Plastic Food
    Plastic Food
    Plastic Food

Jeemag. I wiil be keeping my shirt on as Reev might jump me.................horrendous thought

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast