Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: An Economic Case for Scottish Independence

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I didn't think you got it and you have just proved me correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Corky Smeek View Post
    I didn't think you got it and you have just proved me correct.
    The destination is not attainable the way things are going.....you need more than Wishful thinking and prayer.
    There are many things in people’s hearts, but one needs a Strategy to fulfil same.

Quote Originally Posted by The Horseman View Post
    The destination is not attainable the way things are going.....you need more than Wishful thinking and prayer.
    There are many things in people’s hearts, but one needs a Strategy to fulfil same.

Yes, but you appear to think that if you can throw lots of mud and make enough of it stick then you can bring an end to the independence movement. My argument is that, for many people, the belief in an independent Scotland runs deep and that our conviction to achieving our aim is not going to be swayed because two folk, however senior, fell out.

I am not throwing mud.....I can end the Movement?........What you don’t understand, is that these are the Two People, with their followers on either side, are going to turn people off.
    The General Public want what is best for them, not to listen and hear this ‘s.......’ every day.
    These two people as you call them, are the ones to take Scotland in a new direction. How can they, when they cannot get their ‘own house in order’!

You really, really still don't get it. I'll have one final go.

I have been an independence supporter for over 50 years. A dispute between two prominent figures within the movement is not going to make me, or any other ardent independence supporter, suddenly abandon their lifelong beliefs and become unionists. The dispute may represent a bump in the road towards our destination but that is all.

You are correct in your assertion that the general public want what is best for them. Unfortunately, the Scottish general public are constantly denied what they want by a Tory government who ignore their wishes, hopes and aspirations. That is why support for independence is increasing.

Talking of getting one's house in order you know, as well as I do, that the Scottish Tories pinned their election hopes on removing NS. They have been caught out as lying, conniving hypocrites who don't give a damn about Scotland. They have been more concerned about damaging NS than having any meaningful agenda for Scotland's future. They have been shown up for what they really are. Perhaps they should crawl out from under the rock they have been inhabiting and do some re-ordering of their own household. They have brought just as much disrepute upon the Scottish political scene as the AS/NS dispute has done.

Yes, there are the Ardent Supporters of the SNP. But you will have to convince those in the middle to jump and vote for Independence!
    Not so easy, but these are the people you want on your side.
    You got your vote and you/they turned it down....so if you ever get another vote then make sure you have the people. Not like the last time!

Actually the word is the supporters of the SNP are getting fed up. And they are losing confidence! Check it out!

Nope. Still not getting it.

Not everyone who votes SNP wants independence. Not everyone who wants independence votes SNP.

New poll out today shows an increase in support for the SNP of 4% - https://scotgoespop.blogspot.com/202...gests-snp.html
    Last edited by Corky Smeek; 26-Mar-21 at 15:33. Reason: web link added.