Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Help! Lost Dog! UPDATE Cassie now found

a better ending than a lassie film god bless cassie

Fantastic news!! Well done to Liz for keeping us all updated..

Delighted to hear the good news.

I have logged in every day just to check and see if Cassie had been found....even did a couple of tours around in the car when I've been in town.

I bet the pets corner has never been so busy with visitors.

Well done to everyone involved.

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC NEWS !!!! (sorry for "shouting" , but I feel those words need to be "shouted" !!)

I also add my total admiration to all those involved, especially Anne, the Dog Warden and Liz. I, like so many others, have been making this thread my first port of call on Caithness.Org every day, hoping for good news, Thank God the long wait is over !!

God Bless Cassie !! XXX

Default Cassey update

Hi All

Had a telephone from Casseys owner Bobbi this morning extending her heartfelt thanks for all the help and concern shown to Cassey by the people of Caithness during her time on the run.

Cassey apart from being very tired is not showing many ill effects at all following her trumatic 3 weeks on the loose, she is not much thinner which is absolutely amazing. She has a small cut on her foreleg which was possibly caused by barbed wire but it is nothing to worry about. She is going to vet today for a check up and a worm and flea treatment, Bobbi is having a home day today and Cassey has stuck to her side like glue.

Just so delighted that this has had a happy ending knew deep down that it would, but lot of scary thoughts along the way!
    You can please some o the fowk some of the time, but you canna please all o the fowk all of the time.

can you tell us how they got her in the end ?

Thats brilliant news,I love a happy ending......now whose going to make this into a film?

better than some of the lassie films.
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

Cheers for the update mop top and glad Cassie was none the worse for her ordeal.

Panda, Cassie went running to her owner after she heard her voice which proves what we were saying all along in that she wouldn't trust anyone else and thought she was being chased.
    I would soooooo loved to have seen that reunion but know it wouldn't have happened if anyone else had been there.
    A true bond between dog and owner.

Definitley film material cuddlepop! xx
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

Aaaaaaaw thats just lovely to hear! I too would have loved to see that reunion

Thats good news .. It was nail biting stuff !
    Can the owner post a picture of Cassie on here ? we would all love to see her.(Cassie I mean)

Incidentally, there have been 308 replies and 24,035 views through out this thread in the three weeks Cassie was at large. I wonder if it is a record for the org ?
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux.

Wizzbang I have a photo and will ask for the owner's permission to share it with you all.

I will give her a wee while though as she is, understandably, very tired.

Photos?....... Oh I would love to see some photos of Cassie!

Yes Liz, you are right, give Cassie & her Mum some time......

And then ask if you can post the photo. Not just one photo though, we need to see loads of photos.

Afraid I only have two Moira and you can't really see Cassie's wee face properly.

So, when the time is right, I will ask Bobbi whether she can share some with us.

Default Big big thanks

Hello everyone, Bobbi here, Mum of the (in)famous Cassie the dog. I just want to express my heartfelt thanks to everybody who assisted in caring for and searching for the wee monkey when she was on the run. She means the whole world to me and I don't think I've ever spent two worse nights than the ones from when I found out she was missing until she was found. I know a lot of you spent many more stressed nights, none more so than my poor friends from whom she escaped. I am so grateful to them for not telling me about it whilst I was in Canada with my very sick auntie, as I would probably have ended up in the hospital bed with her through stress. It was a cheerless enough visit home as it was. I am completely overwhelmed by the goodwill and kindness shown by the people of Caithness; I'm certain there is nowhere else in the world where people could be so good. Bless you all. Although I don't have good enough words to express my appreciation to everyone who helped and worried on our behalf, I would like to particularly give great thanks to Anne Begg, the world's best and most dedicated dog warden; Ann, Stevie and Oscar who wore their legs to stumps looking for her; Bryn, Gemma, Ali and Riley, the most wonderful friends; Liz and the others who worked so hard on the Forum; the wonderful folk at Gill's Bay ferry terminal; the kind gate guards at Subsea 7; and all the farmers and others who put out food and reported sightings. If I've missed anyone I do apologize-- in my own defense I am not entirely back to myself yet. As a final update, I can report that Miss Cassie slept like a log in her own bed (also known as mine) on Sunday night. She has had a checkup at the vet, and apart from a rapidly healing sore spot on her leg and a bit of sneezing, is hale and hearty. She also wasn't even very dirty! Is Caithness the cleanest place in the world as well as having the nicest people? I hope Liz puts some photos on for you all as I'm not sure I know how, but will try to figure it out.
    Once again, much love and many thanks to all you good people of Caithness.

Love, Bobbi and Cassie. xxx

Cassie certainly captured the hearts of everyone in Caithness Bobbi.
    I am astounded at just how much the whole community worked together to keep her as safe as possible while she trekked the county. If only she could speak she would have one hell of a story to tell.

I'm so pleased to hear that she recognised your voice and reacted immediately to it. I must admit I was concerned that she may take a bit more coaxing simply due to what she had gone through but I now suspect that she was in fact looking and waiting for you. The bond with a dog is an amazing gift isn't it!

Thank you for the update on her condition. I'm glad to hear she is back to her normal self with no adverse problems.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

Well, porshiepoo has just said it all really !

So glad to know that your "bairn", Cassie, is none the worse for her ordeal, Bobbi. I can only begin to imagine how relieved you must have felt to see her running towards you after so long apart. Yes, once again, Anne our Dog Warden is fantastic, although I don't own a dog, through this forum, I realise what a blessing she is to all those who are dog owners !

You must be quite shattered after such an emotional few weeks; what between worrying about your Aunt and then realising that Cassie was "running" !!

My thoughts are also with your friends who were looking after Cassie, what a horrible situation for them to have been in - through no fault of their own.

It's just great that everything has turned out well and the "wee rascal" is none the worse for her "adventure" !!

Huge kisses to Cassie from all here in Caithness !! XXXX

Lovely to hear from you Bobbi and glad both you and Cassie are okay after your ordeal.

As Porshiepoo said, she captured the hearts of many and not just in Caithness! I have had people from all over the world following her story on my FB page!

It has been wonderful how a community came together to look for Cassie and I know there was a huge wave of relief at news that had been found and is now safely at home with her Mum. You do have an incredible bond!

I'm afraid, for some reason, I couldn't post the photos on here but will get a, technically minded, friend to do this for me.

Hugs to you both. xxx

cannot say how happy i was when I heard cassie had been found funny thing is saw her that day for the first time heading down by the river but had no fone to repor xxxxxxxxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    I couldn't post the photos on here but will get a technically minded, friend to do this for me.
    Technically minded friend to the rescue... :-)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cassie1.jpg 
Views:	502 
Size:	90.1 KB 
ID:	11168

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cassie2.jpg 
Views:	433 
Size:	80.8 KB 
ID:	11169

Thanks for that Luskentyre. Cassie is lovely.

What a fantastic result in that Cassie is safe home with Bobbi.