Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It is Climate Week

Default It is Climate Week

Here is your opportunity to ask the Government to do more about climate Change.

Subscribe to a renewable energy provider.

Join a supporting organisation

Start an event going

Be a part of real change at the local level for the benefit of the fragile planet that we live upon.

http://www.climateweek.com/
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    Here is your opportunity to ask the Government to do more about climate Change.

Subscribe to a renewable energy provider.

Join a supporting organisation

Start an event going

Be a part of real change at the local level for the benefit of the fragile planet that we live upon.

http://www.climateweek.com/
    When you subscribe to a renewable energy provider, does that mean that you specifically agree to make your own personal sacrifice for climate change and pay the full cost of that energy including the cost of ROCs or FiTs in your own bill or does it just mean that you have been conned into believing that it is possible to only buy renewable energy and that you are happy to continue using the same proportion of fossil and nuclear energy as everyone else does?
    Climate week sounds like a scam to make money for Renewables generators.

I have been wondering what the Chinese make of climate week considering the smog problems they've been having recently

Quote Originally Posted by ywindythesecond View Post
    When you subscribe to a renewable energy provider, does that mean that you specifically agree to make your own personal sacrifice for climate change and pay the full cost of that energy including the cost of ROCs or FiTs in your own bill or does it just mean that you have been conned into believing that it is possible to only buy renewable energy and that you are happy to continue using the same proportion of fossil and nuclear energy as everyone else does?
    Climate week sounds like a scam to make money for Renewables generators.
    Who cares what you think? Go ask the renewable energy provider.

Who cares what you think? Go ask the renewable energy provider.
    Engaged debate.That's what I love about the .org!

Engaged debate.That's what I love about the .org!
    Ha that is rich coming from you you never answer a question or acknowledge anything that is a credit to wind energy.

You are only against wind to get money out of action groups and expenses for going to meetings up and down the country. Your business is making money out of objecting to wind farms.

This thread is about Climate Week and not about what you think about scams and such like. Climate week is supported by the Ramblers Association, that well known pro-wind group.

Aye well i followed the links through to the electricity providers page and worked out that they can save me a whopping £56 on my electricity and £47 on my gas in a year. Not bad at all, thats £1.98 a week more in my pocket....but they say for every customer signing up, they will - quote "For every household that switches, Ecotricity gives up to £50 to the Climate Week campaign." So that got me thinking..... where does this fifty knicker come from then? then the penny drops! The mugs that switch to this service are the ones paying the "up to £50" and then you realise....wait a minute! how come Ecotricity can sell me gas and electric at a lower price than the big six can? then the penny dropped again!...the more customers than sign up for this service, the more wind farms they can build with the income! Well i'm all for green renewable energy but not at the expense of covering my country with the abominable windfarms. There's enough wind farms around here thank you!
    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather did......not screaming in terror like his passengers"

Ha that is rich coming from you you never answer a question or acknowledge anything that is a credit to wind energy.

You are only against wind to get money out of action groups and expenses for going to meetings up and down the country. Your business is making money out of objecting to wind farms.

This thread is about Climate Week and not about what you think about scams and such like. Climate week is supported by the Ramblers Association, that well known pro-wind group.
    I'll try asking the question again, but in a simpler multiple choice format.

"When you subscribe to a renewable energy provider, does that mean that you specifically agree to make your own personal sacrifice for climate change and pay the full cost of that energy including the cost of ROCs or FiTs in your own bill?"

A. Yes
    B. No

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gaz View Post
    Aye well i followed the links through to the electricity providers page and worked out that they can save me a whopping £56 on my electricity and £47 on my gas in a year. Not bad at all, thats £1.98 a week more in my pocket....but they say for every customer signing up, they will - quote "For every household that switches, Ecotricity gives up to £50 to the Climate Week campaign." So that got me thinking..... where does this fifty knicker come from then? then the penny drops! The mugs that switch to this service are the ones paying the "up to £50" and then you realise....wait a minute! how come Ecotricity can sell me gas and electric at a lower price than the big six can? then the penny dropped again!...the more customers than sign up for this service, the more wind farms they can build with the income! Well i'm all for green renewable energy but not at the expense of covering my country with the abominable windfarms. There's enough wind farms around here thank you!
    where do you live big gaz ? only asking as I might pop round and pick up some of the pennies that keep dropping around your place, I'll be minted !!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Bradey View Post
    where do you live big gaz ? only asking as I might pop round and pick up some of the pennies that keep dropping around your place, I'll be minted !!
    Aha that would be telling but if you see someone walking around wick, jingling as they go and with bulging pockets and a big smile then just whack me on the head and rob me of my pennies!
    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather did......not screaming in terror like his passengers"

Aha that would be telling but if you see someone walking around wick, jingling as they go and with bulging pockets and a big smile then just whack me on the head and rob me of my pennies!
    That narrows it down to 25% of the population worrying part is do you normally jingle in public ?

Quote Originally Posted by RagnarRocks View Post
    That narrows it down to 25% of the population worrying part is do you normally jingle in public ?
    the more worrying part is why do you want to know lol!

the more worrying part is why do you want to know lol!
    I thought there might be some law against jingling in public :0))

I thought there might be some law against jingling in public :0))
    Doesn't Santa jingle all the way at xmas?

"When you subscribe to a renewable energy provider, does that mean that you specifically agree to make your own personal sacrifice for climate change and pay the full cost of that energy including the cost of ROCs or FiTs in your own bill?"

A. Yes
    B. No
    Anyone back on topic?

Doesn't Santa jingle all the way at xmas?
    Anyone back on topic?
    He no longer visits Caithness due to climate change and wind turbines scaring his reindeer...there back on topic sort of :0))

I was hoping for some good weather this week, in the climate change

A. Yes
    B. No
    I see I am going to have to answer this myself.

The answer is NO. Once electricity has been generated and fed into the grid it is impossible to say where it is used. Any organisation which claims to sell only renewable generated electricity is lying. The electricity it sells is the same mix as the electricity sold by all suppliers. Promotion of the sale of grid transported electricity on the basis that it is generated by renewables is therefore deceitful. Promotion of the interests of such organisations knowing that this is the case is...............what? ......... What would you call it?

Default Turbine magnets

I have been wondering what the Chinese make of climate week considering the smog problems they've been having recently
    This is an old article from the daily mail.
    I've not looked at the sources of the article but there maybe a little of the truth in there.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/mosl...ous-scale.html
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizzbang View Post
    This is an old article from the daily mail.
    I've not looked at the sources of the article but there maybe a little of the truth in there.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/mosl...ous-scale.html
    No it is perfectly true. Lakes of toxic waste.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast