Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Persil Non Bio Tablets

Default Persil Non Bio Tablets

Has anyone else had problems with Persil Tablets not disolving. I complained to Persil who sent me some vouchers and tried to tell me it was our washing machine. The next box was fine but the latest box is not disolving and guess what, its the same batch number on the box.

What's the batch number?
    “We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine....
    And the machine is bleeding to death."

2325 6ba 15 17

Buy anther brand, Simples.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Tablets are hit or miss on the 30 deg quick wash program on our machine.
    I use liquid for quickwashes ...powder or tablets for longer washes....I dont think the quickwash is long enough for the tablets to dissolve and work before the program is over!
    Life is too short to spend it in beige underwear!

Part of the problem could also be that the water is too cold, (I assume as with most washing machines it only uses cold water). I use powder and at this time of year I have to break the powder up as it has solidified with the cold water.
    A 1991 Gallup survey indicated that 49 percent of Americans didn't know that white bread is made from wheat.

I use Daz or Fairy tablets for the simple reason they go in the washing machine drawer and dissolve when the water hits them. I have tried Persil tablets but not too impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by 2little2late View Post
    Part of the problem could also be that the water is too cold, (I assume as with most washing machines it only uses cold water). I use powder and at this time of year I have to break the powder up as it has solidified with the cold water.
    Washing in cold water????
    My washing gets washed in super heated steam once the fire is lit... lol
    “We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine....
    And the machine is bleeding to death."

The tablets go in the drawer and normally disolve. The 2 boxes with the same batch number did not disolve. Boxes bought before and after were no problem. Nothing to do with water pressure or temperature.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconbuttie View Post
    The tablets go in the drawer and normally disolve. The 2 boxes with the same batch number did not disolve. Boxes bought before and after were no problem. Nothing to do with water pressure or temperature.
    My apologies, the last time I bought persil tablets they came with a string bag thing you had to put them in, then they went in with the actual washing.

i was told once by a washing machine repair man not to put any powder or tablets in the soap tray as they do not dissolve totally and block up your pipe work . I now always put it in the drum with the washing . This thread just proves he was right

Don't waste your money on tablets, buy powder as you can stretch it further.

Quote Originally Posted by Flynn View Post
    Don't waste your money on tablets, buy powder as you can stretch it further.
    Thats the reason we started using tablets cos we found we were using too much powder.

i was told once by a washing machine repair man not to put any powder or tablets in the soap tray as they do not dissolve totally and block up your pipe work . I now always put it in the drum with the washing . This thread just proves he was right
    Reply Reply With Quote There is nothing wrong with the pipes, its a faulty batch of tablets which is why I asked if anyone else had bought this batch from Tesco Thurso.

I have tried putting them in the drum, I have tried putting them in a cup of hot water. This batch do not disolve