Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Illegal Immigrants

Quote Originally Posted by _Ju_ View Post
    I know you have been banned and cannot reply to this, but maybe it will make someone think twice about what you have written, especially when it contains so much mis-information.
    If "they" are illegal immigrants then "they" have not "come her" with permission (ie: no one has "allowed" them in), but sneaked in nor can they apply for social benefits such as dole, health care or even a legal job unless paid off the books. Illegal immigration is not tolerated and if an illegal immigrant is found within the UK there are very expedite means of getting "them" back to where "they" came from. If "they" are asylum seekers, then "they" have not snuck, but when coming into the country have declared to the officials that "they" are seeking asylum. Asylum seekers are not allowed to work until they have been granted asylum in the UK and it can take years. Genuine asylum seekers have suffered horrors, lost everything they had and/or their families, who more likely than not they will never again see. I don't think that any asylum seeker thinks "Great, I've got it made. I can go on the dole and live on a bed of english roses from now on.
    So now we come to the legal immigrants. You seem to be ever so slightly mis-informed kupkake. You are not automatically entitled to benefits when you migrate here, even from the EU. People are not leaving the airport straight for the nearest post-office to cash their social security check. I have been a contribuiting, (high) tax paying member of UK society for 9 years, yet if I needed help because I lost my job, I would be entitled to part of my tax back every week. I think that with non EU immigrants it would be even more complicated. Nor all immigrants are Bengladeshi or Chinese and open take-aways by the way.
    The reason there is a market for immigrant labour is because there are jobs that nationals do not want to do but that has to get done. If you have the will to work, then you will work. At an interview I can guarantee you that a national accent is an advantage for the employer that the immigrant does not have.
    Why "they"? Because "they" were "us" in our history. "They" were the Scots forced off the fells, "they" were the economic and political immigrants who had to go look for a better life across the world because all they had own country was taken away from them or what they had could not sustain their families. "They" were us once upon a time, and you never know when we could become "them" again.
    I honestly tried to stay out of this thread as it's been done so many times and anyone who is anti-immigration is usually shot down in flames followed by someone insisting the thread is closed, locked or removed.
    Imagine my suprise just now when I realised it was still alive and kicking a whole 7 pages later (though I note the OP is 'banned' )

My opinion on the immigration status of the UK has not changed since the last thread on the subject I got involved with.

The reason we have so many illegal immigrants in this country is because our defence against them entering the country is ridiculously poor. Not only that but once they're in they find it waaaay too easy to lose themselves and/or blend in and many have now cottoned on to the fact that if a passport cannot be found then the illegal immigrant cannot be removed from this country. What an absolute joke!
    IMO we should have holding camps for ALL those immigrants that are claiming asylum to this country. If their application is successful then let them in, if it's not send them back on the first available flight out. I understand there may be a genuine need for people who are genuinely in fear of their lives in their own country to seek asylum elsewhere BUT IMO we should have a limit on those allowed in this way and once there is no longer the need for that asylum they should be made to go back from whence they came.

The general immigration population is another matter. Enoch Powell's 'Rivers of blood speech' was, IMO, ahead of it's time. This country is in fact setting fire to its own funeral pyre.
    The UK cannot sustain an immigrant influx on these levels for much longer without it being to the detriment of its own.
    We have to seriously cap the amount of people from foreign countries that we allow in. This freedom to roam and set up camp anywhere within the EU was not well thought out and is not necessarily of benefit to this country and its nationals.

JU: I've heard so many times the story of Brits not wanting the jobs that immigrants are willing to do - poppycock!
    It's not that Brits don't want the work it's that they cannot compete with the wages that immigrants are willing to work for. In Boston the landworkers were born and bred, until the immigrants started to arrive in their droves and work for pittance wages. The landworkers were basically forced from their employment.

The other problem we have with immigrants is the way that councils intigrate them into the local community - basically they don't.
    Immigrants (from my experience) tend to flock together which results in areas solely dedicated to them and where British locals dare not go (I know of several areas).
    They are not intigrated into the community properly and therefore their lack of understanding of us is only outweighed by our own lack of understanding of them and their cultures.
    Some Europeans can appear brusque, grumpy, ignorant and downright rude. While I'm not saying that's their fault it doesn't help the local communities when these imminrants appear unapproachable and being able to create their own communities prevents them from having to intigrate properly.

These people should be made to have a full understanding of our culture, our language and our way of living before being allowed here. If they can't do those simple things then how can they ever be of any benefit to the country?
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

I think a couple of people on this thread should be hearing a loud whooooshing noise as the reality of this thread flies over their head and does a barrel roll.

The OP was booted for being a nasty trolling and offensive bigot, not for their views in immigration.

You lot are lending credence and justification the the Klowns posts by answering seriously.

Give up.

Quote Originally Posted by shazzap View Post
    Might freeze curry, as it is very sunny, and warm here today.
    It willnae freeze while it's sunny an' warm!

OK, I'll get me coat.

Quote Originally Posted by porshiepoo View Post
    I honestly tried to stay out of this thread as it's been done so many times and anyone who is anti-immigration is usually shot down in flames followed by someone insisting the thread is closed, locked or removed.
    Imagine my suprise just now when I realised it was still alive and kicking a whole 7 pages later (though I note the OP is 'banned' )

My opinion on the immigration status of the UK has not changed since the last thread on the subject I got involved with.

The reason we have so many illegal immigrants in this country is because our defence against them entering the country is ridiculously poor. Not only that but once they're in they find it waaaay too easy to lose themselves and/or blend in and many have now cottoned on to the fact that if a passport cannot be found then the illegal immigrant cannot be removed from this country. What an absolute joke!
    IMO we should have holding camps for ALL those immigrants that are claiming asylum to this country. If their application is successful then let them in, if it's not send them back on the first available flight out. I understand there may be a genuine need for people who are genuinely in fear of their lives in their own country to seek asylum elsewhere BUT IMO we should have a limit on those allowed in this way and once there is no longer the need for that asylum they should be made to go back from whence they came.

The general immigration population is another matter. Enoch Powell's 'Rivers of blood speech' was, IMO, ahead of it's time. This country is in fact setting fire to its own funeral pyre.
    The UK cannot sustain an immigrant influx on these levels for much longer without it being to the detriment of its own.
    We have to seriously cap the amount of people from foreign countries that we allow in. This freedom to roam and set up camp anywhere within the EU was not well thought out and is not necessarily of benefit to this country and its nationals.

JU: I've heard so many times the story of Brits not wanting the jobs that immigrants are willing to do - poppycock!
    It's not that Brits don't want the work it's that they cannot compete with the wages that immigrants are willing to work for. In Boston the landworkers were born and bred, until the immigrants started to arrive in their droves and work for pittance wages. The landworkers were basically forced from their employment.

The other problem we have with immigrants is the way that councils intigrate them into the local community - basically they don't.
    Immigrants (from my experience) tend to flock together which results in areas solely dedicated to them and where British locals dare not go (I know of several areas).
    They are not intigrated into the community properly and therefore their lack of understanding of us is only outweighed by our own lack of understanding of them and their cultures.
    Some Europeans can appear brusque, grumpy, ignorant and downright rude. While I'm not saying that's their fault it doesn't help the local communities when these imminrants appear unapproachable and being able to create their own communities prevents them from having to intigrate properly.

These people should be made to have a full understanding of our culture, our language and our way of living before being allowed here. If they can't do those simple things then how can they ever be of any benefit to the country?
    Full of holes, but the biggest single one is your assertian that we cant take any more immigration at the current levels. Ironically scotlands population is falling and we need immigrants to keep it steady.

And whilst we are on the subject, in my experience (and I would imagine most others) people willing to travel thousands of miles to start a new like tend to be among the most resourceful and hard working. And that cant be a bad thing regardless of how you paint immigration.

The real problem in this country is the millions of natives that have never known anything other than a benefit system. You tend to find that people from somalia are willing to work simlple by virtue of the fact they are alive, and without that work ehtic they would have long ago starved to death.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    It willnae freeze while it's sunny an' warm!

OK, I'll get me coat.
    Have you heard of those box like things, with doors, or lids on them. You know, the things you freeze things in.
    You don't have to be mad to know me but it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by weezer 316 View Post
    Full of holes, but the biggest single one is your assertian that we cant take any more immigration at the current levels. Ironically scotlands population is falling and we need immigrants to keep it steady.
    While I agree with most of your points weezer I also have a certain sympathy with porshipoo's argument. Her point about the amount of immigration is a valid one, but an increased immigration population isn't going to do Scotland any good if the immigrants don't want to live here.
    Porshiepoo cites Boston in Lincolnshire as an example. The town has become a ghetto for Eastern European agricultural workers. Many towns across England have ghettos where immigrant populations congregate and live together. Local people are understandably uncomfortable, suspicious, perhaps even fearful when in a fairly short period of time all around them people are speaking a foreign language and behaving in a different way.
    We should have learned by now the value of diversity but instead it looks very much as if we're going to recreate the problems of the 50s and 60s.
    IMO all of us, including all levels of government should be making more of an effort to encourage integration and dispersal across the country. I am quite happy for immigrants to come and work in this country, pay taxes and support my pension but I don't want them to confine themsleves to just a few areas and live in ghettos.
    'We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.'
    Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by porshiepoo View Post

You are objecting to the value of the minimum wage then and drawing a direct corelation between it and an abundance of foreign labour? Well I am pretty sure that the determination of the minimum wage is not a simple determination of supply and demand. It is a complex calculation in which an overgenerous minimum wage is not conducive to growth. The minimum wage that you get in a minimum wage job is the same regardless of your accent. The immigrant who gets that job thinks it is worth his while. The eternal jobseeker that gripes about there not being work for him turns it down because he will not get out of bed in the morning for the minimum wage. I don't suppose that you have ever seen this? As for higher paid jobs: specialized/trained individuals: if the UK has a deficit of thousands of engineers, nurses, doctors, and veterinarians, etc, etc every year. How would you suggest that this hole be filled?
    An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing

I think the rest of the world could learn a thing or two about how to be good immigrants, not from the English in general, they are the worlds worst ghetto builders, but from the English in Scotland. We integrate into the community, spread ourselves out so the most people get the benefit, contribute to the economy, and are generally good eggs.

I hope I can post this without getting into trouble. My question is: "what is LEGAL about ILLEGAL?"

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Ego View Post
    I think a couple of people on this thread should be hearing a loud whooooshing noise as the reality of this thread flies over their head and does a barrel roll.

The OP was booted for being a nasty trolling and offensive bigot, not for their views in immigration.

You lot are lending credence and justification the the Klowns posts by answering seriously.

Give up.
    I agree. I hate that each response (including this one) shows that the thread was started by K..k.k. - because I think he is still enjoyng the debate he initiated. Maybe the next poster would like to have their name 'in lights' by starting a new thread and we can effectively close this one down ourselves?

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Ego View Post
    Give up.
    Agreed.

Did you mean the previous posters on this thread should give up, you've given up or the rest of us should? Whatever you meant, I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by ducati View Post
    I think the rest of the world could learn a thing or two about how to be good immigrants, not from the English in general, they are the worlds worst ghetto builders, but from the English in Scotland. We integrate into the community, spread ourselves out so the most people get the benefit, contribute to the economy, and are generally good eggs.
    Now I am seriously worried.

Quote Originally Posted by shazzap View Post
    Have you heard of those box like things, with doors, or lids on them. You know, the things you freeze things in.
    New fangled rubbish, they'll never catch on.

Do they still make those in Castletown? I have one in our utility room.
    D'oH! My brain hurts...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678