Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Runaway Mouse !!

Default Runaway Mouse !!

Whenever I try to write a message on my laptop, whether it's on a forum or if I'm just typing an e-mail, the pointer arrow just decides to take off across the page, landing randomly anywhere.

This always happens after I've typed about ten to fifteen words.

My OH never has this problem at all !!!!!

Can anyone help as it's so annoying !!!!
    I'm the kind of woman whose feet hit the floor each morning, and the Devil says........... " Oh, Blast She's Up !! "

Know it sounds obvious, but could you be accidentally touching the laptop's mouse pad as you're typing? Have had a similar situation with a customer previously

Is it an external wireless mouse?
    If so change the batteries.
    I like a real mouse even at the laptop..the pad isnt as good I find.

Thank you both for your kind replies !!

They both make sense; I am a bit lax with keeping my hands lowered when typing, so I am possibly touching the "pad" without realising it !!

Also, Dadie, I'm like you, I only use the "external" mouse as I feel I can't control the mouse "pad", so will try a change of batteries if Bob's idea doen't work.

Thank you once again - I'll let you know how I get on !
    I'm the kind of woman whose feet hit the floor each morning, and the Devil says........... " Oh, Blast She's Up !! "

I also have this problem. Not so much on the laptop, but on my netbook. I've been told it's to do with the 'wiring' for the keyboard. The signal somehow 'jumps'. The smaller the keyboard, the more frequently it happens. It sometimes jumps even when I'm not touching the keyboard!
    Snowmen fall from the sky unassembled!

Thanks Beat Bug !

I've been on various sites this afternoon, and I've been trying out Bobinovich's suggestion about keeping my hands away from the mouse pad and, so far, it seems to be working !! I've managed to type a few (this one included) bits and pieces with no "jumping mouse" !!

Hopefully this is the solution to my problem - thank you all for your ideas and a massive thank you to Bobinovich !!!

If I should have this bother again, then I'll try all the other suggestions, 'til then a big "Ta"

dont forget you can always use an external mouse and keyboard
    stops the problem of hitting the touch pad altogether

dx
    Private Electronic Workshop in Wick - send us a PM
    **WE NOW DO REPAIRS AND CRACKED SCREENS ON MANY PHONES & TABLETS**
    PC virus/ransomware/data recovery/repair & service
    also Private marine & CB/Amateur radio repairs

Thank you dx !