Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Require a plumber

Default Require a plumber

Hi,
    I am looking for a plumber to do a homer.
    I require them to install an unvented direct hot water cylinder.
    I have the cylinder and copper etc.
    Require it quite quickly.
    If anyone can help please PM me please.

Thanks
    I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals - Winston Churchill

This is probably no help at all, BUT.....

I fitted my own unvented cylinder in the summer, I bought a pre-plumbed Range Tribune to make life easier, and I'm glad I did! The pipework is an absolute maze. That left me with only 5 connections to make (I thought).....

An unvented cylinder needs a gravity drain for the pressure relief and temperature relief, there are laws specifying how and where it must be plumbed to.

You might need to re-route your feeds to mixer taps on the bath or kitchen sink to the "balanced" supply downstream of the regulator valve. You may also need to replace your low pressure hot taps with high pressure ones.

Basically, what I'm saying is that this job is not just a case of replacing a cylinder. It may well affect the whole house and need floorboards up etc.

Pressurised systems must also be certified to meet regulations and home insurance requirements.

I'd think twice about getting a homer done, unless they can and will supply all the certs and agree a fixed price before starting.

Seems like mrlennie is the man for the job.
    He's got plenty of good recommendations on the Org and he seems the cheapest.
    http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=122753
    Everyday above ground is a good day

Default MT Plumbing

You should try Murry Taylor on 07774 908 859
    Last edited by crichton; 21-Dec-10 at 13:07. Reason: edit