Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Weydale

1. Default Weydale

Went for a walk down to Thurso castle this morning and somehow ended up walking to Waydale.

Good oppertunity to try out the new camera(5DMKII) and lenses on somewhere i hadnt photographed before,especially as the light was so variable this morning.Spent a good 2 hours in full manual mode seeing what this gem of a camera can do.
    Image quality in all types of light is superb,low light,high iso is really amazing,cant believe how little noise there is even at high iso's.

Man some depth achieved there! Great shot! Glad yer likin yer new toys!

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by wifie View Post
    Man some depth achieved there! Great shot! Glad yer likin yer new toys!
    Am liking the full frame vibe man,the views are wide
    Another couple of days out with them and we should be all set to hit some locations.. A few trips into the wilderness planned,just been waiting for the gear to arrive and get used to it,its here now so no excuses except i'm on 12hour days for a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Potato Head View Post
    Am liking the full frame vibe man,the views are wide
    Another couple of days out with them and we should be all set to hit some locations.. A few trips into the wilderness planned,just been waiting for the gear to arrive and get used to it,its here now so no excuses except i'm on 12hour days for a week.
    Ah no rest for the wicked!!!

(you must be wicked - I have tried photoshopping!!!)

I've just one comment to make.......WOW!

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by wifie View Post
    Ah no rest for the wicked!!!

(you must be wicked - I have tried photoshopping!!!)
    Wash your mouth out with soap and never speak of such witchcraft again.

On the subject of photoshop,here's a HDR/tone mapped version.

Hehe!

Likin that version too!

I thought the 1st one was HDR is it just the higher dynamic range of the 5DM2? both great but #2 edges it for me, more colour depth than #1

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post
    I thought the 1st one was HDR is it just the higher dynamic range of the 5DM2? both great but #2 edges it for me, more colour depth than #1
    The first one taken with a custom camera setting,sharpness and contrast at +6 &+4 respectively,saturation and colour tone at neutral.
    Lens polariser set at max.
    Photoshop sharpening..1.5 pixel radius at 100%
    Made the brown grass in the foreground more orange.

The second one i just went mental with Photomatix.

So the vast majority is down to the camera and i would hope the dynamic range,colour sensitivity and overall image quality of what is a professional camera would be noticably improved regardless of the content.Well i know that for a fact because i took a few real stinkers yesterday but boy they were good quality stinkers.