Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gossips and rumours!

Went into work on friday to change my pass before it ran out.
    Got asked twice before I left when was I due
    On a more positive note some people said I looked good and that I was slim....
    1 of my supervisors asked how long I was back for and was surprised with my answer of half an hour!

One of my friends was really surprised to find out people thought her husband was violent towards her and unbelievably one helpful person had even phoned her family to suggest they had "a word" with him.

They insisted she had been seen with bruises and had seen a doctor.

The truth, when it came out was someone had seen her in the car of a woman they knew worked for Womens Aid.

What they didn't know was the other woman was infact her sister !!!

This person had seen the two of them together put 2 and 2 together and got 196

She said it to someone else and the whole thing went Chinese whispers till it reached her family.

Hubby got home tonight and told me he was asked today as work if I was pregnant again!
    Just wish the rumour mill would give over on this one!
    It has now reached all of the site and apparently its someone in my section with nothing better to do that is spreading the rumours!

Quote Originally Posted by Dadie View Post
    Hubby got home tonight and told me he was asked today as work if I was pregnant again!
    Just wish the rumour mill would give over on this one!
    It has now reached all of the site and apparently its someone in my section with nothing better to do that is spreading the rumours!
    Madness!

Honestly some people must have very boring lives if they have to meddle in other people's.
    Electronics, Sales, Spares & Repairs * TV * AUDIO * PC & LAPTOP * GAMES CONSOLES * IN CAR ENTERTAINMENT * DOMESTIC APPLIANCES * WEEE DISPOSAL *www.facebook.com/Vistravi.Tech * www.vistravi.com *

Small town mentality isn't it?....Im bored so you will suffer!

a rounour started in my work that i was pregnant, the only thing is everyone was tryin to avoid the subject when talking to me and then
    saying it behind my back! It wasnt until a member of staff that i was friendly with heard it when she came back after her holidays and came straights over to me and asked...............and i said yes haha

After all the effort people put into making it sound like a rumour i thought i would leave them not knowing it was actully true!

Now my sons almost 12 weeks old and i still have people asking me whos baby I'am baby sitting, they didnt think i looked pregnant yet spoke to me a few days before he was born haha!! Roumour are like a Cold u just have to let it run its course!
    Fairness does not govern life and death, if it did no good person would die young.

I can handle rumors. They dont tend to bother me, but its when someone takes something truthful and twists it. Why change it if you know what the truth is?
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ShelleyBain View Post
    I can handle rumors. They dont tend to bother me, but its when someone takes something truthful and twists it. Why change it if you know what the truth is?
    so very true shelley so very true

Quote Originally Posted by Dadie View Post
    there is a rumour going round at work that I am pregnant....

I wonder how it started?
    And why?
    Do you need diagrams?

At first I thought- Dadie wants to get pregnant- an I thought- thats easy peasy no probs there at all Slap from missus reading over my ear,I ain't all that old ya old bat.Second slap.Much harder this time,think I will keep my head down. Mind you it would be no probs at all, I ducked that one.
    In every dustbin there's a Daffodil.-Eric Sykes.

No.
    Im not pregnant and I have 3 kids under 4!
    I am not wanting to have another.
    Im on maternity leave at the moment as Euan is only 3 months old so I havent got a clue where the rumours are coming from!
    I was hardly out the hospital 6 weeks from having Euan when the rumour started that I was pregnant again.
    Last edited by Dadie; 20-Apr-10 at 14:56.

That is one thing I do not miss about Caithness -- it used to be so annoying hearing things come back all twisted around.

Gossip & rumours are one thing...but when its someone being nasty & telling deliberate & damaging lies about you its something entirely different!
    Last edited by k8ness; 20-Apr-10 at 23:15.

Right.

I've started knitting little pink cardies and blue ones too just in case.

As you can see from my signature I have never had time for gossips,but the more you deny things the more they want to believe its true,so my advice would be laugh AT them not having anything better to do in the lives x
    The nice thing about living in a small place is that if you dont know what you are doing....there's always somebody who does,or thinks they do! x

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12