Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brokeback Mountain Rides Again!

knightofeth Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rich
    I am quite prepared to review any movie without having seen it. I think you are setting impossibly high standards for critcism.
    How do you review a movie without seeing it?

Quote Originally Posted by knightofeth
    How do you review a movie without seeing it?

Please, no one answer "by faith" and set that Science and Religion thread debate going again.

It seems the craze has caught on!!!
    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

Thank god it's not, "lord of the rings"......

Quote Originally Posted by connieb19
    What happened to the Village People.........
    Their coming to take me away.....haha-hee-hee-ho-ho

Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah
    Thank god it's not, "lord of the rings"......
    Doc Brown his name was too, the mind boggles!!

Maybe they'll remake thunderbolt and lightfoot

I hope no Abdullah!!!!!

One of them looks scarily like my ex...lol...I thought i hadn't seen him about in a while..

One of them looks scarily like my ex...lol...I thought i hadn't seen him about in a while..
    Connie, look to the row of guys nearest to us,5th guy back.Thats the guy who the dance teacher would say"No.....NO........NO!!!!!!!.....You must dance with the others with the same steps!!!!!!!!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric Farthsbottom III
    Connie, look to the row of guys nearest to us,5th guy back.Thats the guy who the dance teacher would say"No.....NO........NO!!!!!!!.....You must dance with the others with the same steps!!!!!!!!!!!"
    Cedric...click on the picture, i did it by mistake and theres another one...lol

Cedric...click on the picture, i did it by mistake and theres another one...lol
    Ahhhh now that other picture feels familiar tonight.When oor own Mad Wicker 24 thought that oor very own 2 little 2 late was a she!!!Noo a could be wrong but I think its an auld guy wi a checked shirt next to a Ladeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee wi a pink dress. .......the picture that is....Not.......Mad Wicker 24 and 2 little 2 late!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric Farthsbottom III
    Ahhhh now that other picture feels familiar tonight.When oor own Mad Wicker 24 thought that oor very own 2 little 2 late was a she!!!Noo a could be wrong but I think its an auld guy wi a checked shirt next to a Ladeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee wi a pink dress.
    Theres 20 pictures...lol!!! Maybe you will recgnise a few if you have look...lollol

Theres 20 pictures...lol!!! Maybe you will recgnise a few if you have look...lollol
    Connie pal,noo me and you like a good laugh!!!!But that guy wi' the checked shirt looks a right happy guy in photo 6 wi' the Ladeeeeeeeee in Pink......but just take a look at the SAME checked shirt guy in picture 11 wi' the Ladeeeeee in Blue.....wit an auld grumpy guts....Victor Meldrew eat yir heart ooooootttttt!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rich
    I am quite prepared to review any movie without having seen it. I think you are setting impossibly high standards for critcism.
    Hey rich, nice to see you back. And with that acerbic sense of humour intact too...

It's just like old times with partan and rich back on board. Long may you both post.

Default brokeback mountain

I just love those pictures. I wonder are they cloned.
    Reviewing movies without actualy seeing them is dead easy. Any hack can do it! (Even me)First of all you read somebody else's review to get a general idea of what is going on.
    You then deal with the topic in general subtly (or not so subtly) suggesting that you are the world's expert on this type of movie.

For example: Gay cowboys? Sam Peckinpah the director of the Wild Bunch which pretty well defined the '70's Vietnam era western must be spinning in his grave.
    The greatly aged, Cint Eastwood, not yet in Boot Hill but surely by now with one foot in, we might imagine sending one of his trademark sneers in the direction of the Broken Back Club.
    But another look at Eastwood and one thinks, well maybe not.
    For whom does senior citizen Eastwood resemble most in the movie pantheon? Why, none other than '50s cowboy icon Randolph Scott. And not coincedentaly Randolph Scott was one of Pekinpa's favourite stars - Ride the High Country being distinguished by the tactile camera style slithering sensually over the leather clad Scott - surely one of the great bad boys of Hollyood - openly gay and a flatmate of Cary Grant - who as far as I know never made a cowbly movie. Grant was never out of the closet. Randolph Scott's had swing doors like the old saloons.
    Certainly Clint Eastwood's stogie, his poncho, his lack of verbal communication all suggest, the MAn with No Name is an anonymous, sexually ambivalent dangerous piece of rough trade.
    Let me recommend this movie. Go see it, pardner. Make up your own mind. I predict that this years Oscar ceremonies will be a real shoot out between the Hollywood gay community and the hetero mafia who exploit them.
    Etc etc etc

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12