Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not So Family Friendly

Quote Originally Posted by unicorn
    So personally I have to totally disagree with many comments made and remind everyone that we have all had days at work when things get rough and we can get snappy and anyone who says they haven't are lying..
    I don't know aanything about the woman so I have no comments on her but i don't agree with this part of your post. I often do have rough days at work but I never get snappy with my customers and I am not lying. I take pride in my work and always stick to the highest level of customer service.

bigboss Guest

I had a friend who worked for the all star factory and the manager used to speak about all the staff behind their back which my friend hated and she had many a row with her. In the end she left because of the back stabbing. If she liked you you were fine but if she didnt she would go around telling all the staff what a lazy so and so you were and that you cant do anything right.
    [/b]

thats not very fair ??

Anonymous Guest

neither is making anonymous comments about a business, especially when they're negative, talk like this can possibly lead to legal action, just look at the computer problem thread where the owner of a computer shop has taken umbridge at someone miscalling his business and sought legal advice, what was his name again?

Their personal names were never given.

FAYRAY Guest

, just look at the computer problem thread where the owner of a computer shop has taken umbridge at someone miscalling his business and sought legal advice, what was his name again?

I take it Niel that this is a dig because I started this thread, Im a female by the way.
    Fair point but I think the two threads are just a tad different, My complaint was with an individual who's service left a lot to be desired. If the complaints about my bussiness were about myself or a member of staff being rude or unhelpfull I would sort it out and apologise for any upset caused. [/quote]

Anonymous Guest

hmmm

ok female, sorry, but thats annonimity for ya.

Niel, another for my collection...

I really dont think that your complaint is any different. If you run a business and someone complains about it, then its YOU they are complaining about.

The question has been raised before, have any of these complaints have been taken up with the owners? Did you tell them how rude and unhelpful their staff were?

Should we direct any legal action sought by the Cinema to you?

Or as in the recent case with another local manager, should we simply remove the threads entirely. After all those complaints were directed at an individual and the company mentioned legal action.

I think that if you're going to dish it out, you have to be able to take it. Talking about legal advice and the like does nothing but get peoples backs up, especially as nobody who actually gets legal advice, tries to use that as a defence on a messageboard.

A hotelier I know down south pointed out a simple cultural difference between Scotland and England. In England, people complain, I dont mean whine, I mean they demand to see managers and state their case on the spot. I Scotland, we dont complain, we just mumble away to ourselves and never return to the business in question. I'm told its down to the old scottish school attitude (from children) that "you can remain silent and appear stupid, or you can open your mouth and confim it", not something english schools had a problem with I'm told. So when people feel that behind the mask of some made up name they can vent whatever ill feelings they harbour towards some individual or business, I'm not surprised.

I am surprised, however, that someone who would start a thread like this would be so put out when someone does the same to their business. You would be well advised to just get in touch with those people and find out what happened. There is no such thing as the perfect business. As soon as you admit that to yourself and your customers the better things are, every business has problems and if you can deal with them accordingly then everyone is still happy, deny they exist and then you create real problems.

I would have removed both of these threads ages ago if I actually thought that they would do any harm to either party, but so far I would say that nothing beyond personal dislikes have been shown here and I dont think that the type of comments that have been made in both threads carry enough weight to sway anyones opinion on either business. I have seen both positive and negative in both threads (I really do think £15 callout is cheap - no wonder on one can make a living at PC repair) and I think that with discussion and not fighting, any problems can be worked out. Put it this way, if I did not do all my own PC stuff, your shop is the only one that I would go to, simply because I've had to do some pretty nasty rebuild and repair work on some expensive efforts from others in the county and I've had nothing in me lab that came from your shop, so that can only be a good thing.

So, I think that if you feel your grievance with the cinema is justified, then you should contact the owners by letter outlining your complaint, that way you may find that they take it on the chin, apologise, and try to sort it out. As I feel the others with comments about your business should do. Trust me, admitting to mistakes aint as hard as you think and sorting it out properly can actually get you MORE business in the long run.

Default Um

How about that caithness.org lot. By heck I could shake my fist at them with all their nay saying! I've got a good mind to mumble some anonymous complaints about them on some kind of widely accessible inter-network.

Worst episode ever!

Anonymous Guest

did I miss something donnie?

Quote Originally Posted by Niall Fernie
    did I miss something donnie?
    It was my poor attempt at a joke.

Anonymous Guest

erm yeah, sorry, me humor chip needs rebooted, or replaced

unicorn Guest

dont need to appologise for lack of humour niall because I dont feel that there is any particular humour in this thread I personally feel this thread has become a witch hunt to people who obviously cannot face people on a one to one basis and act like mature human beings at the same time it is very sad and I must say that even if I did not know the manageress, pretty much every thing in this thread would still leave a bitter taste in my mouth I feel ashamed that I also cannot compare myself to the brand of superior beings who put people down as none of them have ever made a mistake in life or had a bad day that anyone would ever complain about!! And if this is the case well I guess I had better give you all a standing ovation and a pat on the back Well done the super race!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12