Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

View Poll Results: Which Ferry do you prefer?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hamnavoe Scrabster

8 16.67%
  • Pentalina Gills

40 83.33%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Ferry do you use

Pentalina because you don't need photo ID. My wee one is daft about the Hamnavoe I will have to get ID(been saying that for 2yrs now) just so she can go on it, even if its only one way.

I prefer Bryan Ferry.

If I am travelling to Orkney I like to go from Groats, if I have a car then Scrabster.

I love Stromness.

Thumbs up

I travel to Orkney every Friday and return on Sunday. Without fail i will always pick the Gills ferry over the hamnavoe when i can.

I prefer it personally because it's quicker, cheaper and nearer my destination.
    The crew on the Pentalina are great, I've travelled over with my grandfather a few times and they always make sure he's comfortable. Couldn't reccommend them enough!

I have used both. I unfortunatly suffer from sea sickness even on the most smoothest of days. The Hamnivoe(sp) is much more comfortable and more roomy to walk around. The pentilina(sp) is alot less roomy and comfortable but it is a beter view. I prefer the pentilina(sp)
    Electronics, Sales, Spares & Repairs * TV * AUDIO * PC & LAPTOP * GAMES CONSOLES * IN CAR ENTERTAINMENT * DOMESTIC APPLIANCES * WEEE DISPOSAL *www.facebook.com/Vistravi.Tech * www.vistravi.com *

Most trips to Orkney have been from Groats, I guess it depends on the purpose of your visit, if a car is needed I have usually gone from Scrabster. However, I have been lucky enough to win two return tickets for the Pentilina, I'm looking forward to the trip, sometime in early summer once the outdoor bowling season gets going. We have many good bowling friends in Kirkwall and Longhope.
    Live the Dream, don't dream the life

Thanks all, that gave the positive answers and voted, it look like we will be using the Pentalina, now closing this thread
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12