Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Bitten in Tesco

Default Bitten in Tesco

having read the post about shocks in Tesco, how about this one? A friend of mine was rummaging among the cardies in the Wick branch when she felt something nip her-she put it down to a paper cut from a price tag. When she got home her finger had a huge bump on it- and by next day she had suspected blood poisoning- turned out she'd been bitten by something of the insect variety. She informed tesco- who did what they do as routine- sent in pest control overnight. getting bitten is par for the course- in the fruit department.
    Maybe the bug was just staying warm among the knitwear?

Any other victims out there?

My London neighbour got tarantulas in a pot plant from Homebase
    Bagpuss

I've never been a victim but did see a couple of foreign spiders in a supermarket I worked in many years ago. One ended up in the office which was right next to the back store. We tried to catch it but it kept jumping all over the place. Wasn't very big but it sure could move fast. Suppose it must be fairly common for these insects to hitch a ride over here with the fruit shipments from abroad. Not nice getting bitten by one of them though!

I got shivers down my spine reading these. Yuk!

Quote Originally Posted by achingale View Post
    I got shivers down my spine reading these. Yuk!
    Know the feeling.
    You don't have to be mad to know me but it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Loraine View Post
    I've never been a victim but did see a couple of foreign spiders in a supermarket I worked in many years ago. One ended up in the office which was right next to the back store. We tried to catch it but it kept jumping all over the place. Wasn't very big but it sure could move fast. Suppose it must be fairly common for these insects to hitch a ride over here with the fruit shipments from abroad. Not nice getting bitten by one of them though!
    Back in the 60-70s in my fathers grocery store, the staff were armed with crowbars brushes and whatever waiting to dispatch anything when the banana boxes were opened, I found their antics hilarious in those days.

This got me this one.I went onto www.howmanyboxesofbananas.com. To see the probability of finally meeting a spider,scorpion or beastie.Did once come face to face with a red eyed tree frog(not the orger).I've now opened 7979 boxes of bananas and found one frog.Its like Russian Roullette.I feel like De Niro in 'The Deer Hunter'.
    Last edited by Cedric Farthsbottom III; 26-Nov-09 at 20:54. Reason: grammar
    Their coming to take me away.....haha-hee-hee-ho-ho

When i worked in tesco's i found quite a big spiders leg in a box of bananas, being feart of spiders i didn't hang around too long.

Found some sort of catepillar in amongst the bananas aswell

When I used to work in Somerfield I used to come across caterpillars living in the organic wrapped brocolli.

It happened more than 10 times. I think it is something to do with the fact its organic!

Was mingin!

didn't know if the yellow dots were eggs or "processed food" but it was rank!

Quote Originally Posted by tonkatojo View Post
    Back in the 60-70s in my fathers grocery store, the staff were armed with crowbars brushes and whatever waiting to dispatch anything when the banana boxes were opened, I found their antics hilarious in those days.
    I would be exactly the same - I hate creepy crawlies, especially the foreign ones who're much more likely to give you a nip. If it came anywhere near me it's days would be numbered!!

you lot wouldn't be much use in the jungle then!
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

I mind once when i went to my sisters for dinner, she had bought a bit of brocolli from tesco and it had the caterpillars in it! Well we binned that fast enuf!

Then when i bought my nephews birthday present which was a ben 10 toy wrapped in celaphine it had bugs come out of it! Luckily we noticed because my mums dog was playin with them!
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

I was bitten on the leg by a spider when in Asia. It formed a big lump which eventually burst, leaving a hole the size of a 1p piece which took two months to heal up. Luckily nothing hatched out of it !!

small fishing village outside wick called pulteney

Red face wee beastie

aye you always get a little extra from tesco,

i got bit by a wee beastie on the ankle when we wiz camping in a wee toon called alva, about 2 days later i wiz scratchin the lump like a mad thing, then i decided ( full o vodka tough as nails when drunk) i would burst it, a thing like a grain o rice popped out and it left a wee hole that took ages to heal, thank god for vodka
    if it wasnt for pubs it would be tescos for us all

in clothing? I'd almost certainly say it was the security pin! maybe only half was on. from experience, i can say I've been stabbed many times by the pins, and if it was dirty you could easy get blood poisoning! far more likley i reckon.
    Everyone is a genius,
    but if you judge a fish
    on its ability to climb a tree,
    it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.....

Quote Originally Posted by annemarie482 View Post
    in clothing? I'd almost certainly say it was the security pin! maybe only half was on. from experience, i can say I've been stabbed many times by the pins, and if it was dirty you could easy get blood poisoning! far more likley i reckon.

Now, now, AnneMarie....you can't come on here giving sensible explanations for minor incidents. It spoils everyones fun.

Anyway, thuis is another good reason why we need Asda up here...

Quote Originally Posted by riggerboy View Post
    aye you always get a little extra from tesco,

I thought everybody gets bitten by TESCO....I never shop there ..they are trying to take over every department where people have to spend money,,,shopping, banking insurance, phones, energy, they're trying to get into everything
    Keep it country

We found a locust a couple of summers ago when I was working in a garden centre in Inverness. We think it came in on a pallet of glazed pots.