Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Have we the right.

Default Fred

How can I argue with such eloquence. A beautifully sculpted arguement wich has such a strong chance of being right.The end could well be nigh!!!
    In the image of God? You must be joking!

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

Default Fred

Keep up yur predictions an ye could become e' next Prophet

Quote Originally Posted by Chobbersjnr
    Keep up yur predictions an ye could become e' next Prophet
    Bewaare the IIIIdes of Maaarch.

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

Default Fred

Aye March is lookan bad richt enuff.

Default Fred

Fred, I don’t know where to start but I’ll have a go! Stand by folks this is a long one and it's bound to bring out more Conspiracy Theories than a Freddie Forsyth Novel.

Don’t go to St Ives, you will get a higher dose of radiation there than the safe limit laid down for places like Dounreay.
    Unless you wish to go so far as one Russian Scientist who held that there is no safe limit at all for radiation and that all radiation, however small the amount can do serious damage. (Somebody on the Board will probably know about him, even his name. If I memory serves me he said it long before the Second World War) Beware everybody, if they mention an X-ray at the hospital, run like hell, they are trying to kill you! The same radiation killed Madame Curie didn't it?

Vietnam, 1964? I didn’t know JFK was alive then, I thought he was killed in 1962.
    It was JFK who got America involved in Vietnam. I was involved in Anti-Vietnam Protests as a student in 1964/5 and America was well involved before and during that period and had been for some time! I really am surprised you didn’t know about the CIA involvement or the “Military Advisors” for several years prior the LBJ (Remember “All the way with LBJ” as an Election Slogan?)

Your comment about the BBC and WMDs puzzles me, are you suggesting that the BBC deliberately involved itself in deceiving the Public by spreading propaganda on behalf of Bush and Blair?
    France, bullied by America at the UN? I wouldn’t suggest that in France if I were you. The French can be very touchy when suggestions that they just follow American Instructions.

The Gulf War Syndrome I will leave in DrSzin’s hands as he has obviously done some quick research into the matter. The only comment I will make at the moment is that there were Military Forces from Countries other than Britain and America involve in the same War does anybody know if they had similar ailments?

There seems to be some question as to why a terrorist would go the extent of scattering radio active material when a bomb on a tube would suffice.
    The aim of the Terrorist is to spread fear and the confusion about the dangers of Radio-active Materials on this Board alone says that it is something the average person knows little about. (And I include myself in that, I am certainly not a Nuclear Scientist by any stretch of the imagination)
    Spread a source of Nuclear Radiation about and you automatically spread long lasting fear. How many people will have given a thought to jumping on a bus or going on the tube in London this Morning? But if they still thought there might be a chance of radiation lingering there, what then? There isn’t a general agreement in Caithness about Sandside Beach in spite of the numbers working at Dounreay so what chance would your average Londoner have of making a rational decision about radiation?

The Euro/Dollar standoff? Has anybody let the Europeans, the Russians and the Chinese in on this dastardly plot to undermine their economies, or are they too stupid to see what is happening. Perhaps they are complicit in Americas devious plotting. The only reason that Oil is traded in Dollars is that there is a value common to all deals. The actual currency stated is largely irrelevant. What is there to stop two Countries agreeing to do deals using their own Currencies, all they have to do is settle on the exchange rate for that deal. Neither of them needs to have a single dollar bill in their possession.

Oh dear Fred, hands up all those who think we are about to Nuke Iran! Do I start digging my Nuclear Shelter now? How deep should I go and how long should I provision it for? And how do I stop the CIA stealing my plans?
    We are on the verge of Armageddon and not a single Leader in the World is in the least bit concerned? China, Russia, France, India and Pakistan are all going the sit back and do nothing or will America have leaned on them to make them comply with their wishes. Perhaps this is that just another Worldwide Media Plot to spread disinformation and hide the truth from everybody?
    Wow! The CIA have fooled the whole World, I never knew they were so good at their job.

Fred, you have just done the Terrorists a favour. They can stop plotting and trying to spread fear, all they have to do is take your script and convince the World it's true. Why bother with a few Bombers when you can convince people that we are on the verge of unrestricted Nuclear War. Even Bin Laden hasn't thought of threatening that. Boy, does he lack imagination!
    Animals I like, people I tolerate.

Default Jaws

I take it that you base all your assumptions on what you get from the media and the net and draw your conclusions accordingly.Others may well interpret the same information differently. How much of the aforementioned information can be considered true,is open to debate.The august leaders of the countries you mention would not be so honest as to let us all know exactly what they are up to here and now no matter what the situation world wide.Fred's scenario is just as likely as any that you might come up with from the same information.Nobody,I think, has stated that we are going to nuke Iran but there are countries out there who are crazy enough to do it for us. That's what worries me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gleber2
    I take it that you base all your assumptions on what you get from the media and the net and draw your conclusions accordingly.Others may well interpret the same information differently. How much of the aforementioned information can be considered true,is open to debate.The august leaders of the countries you mention would not be so honest as to let us all know exactly what they are up to here and now no matter what the situation world wide.Fred's scenario is just as likely as any that you might come up with from the same information.Nobody,I think, has stated that we are going to nuke Iran but there are countries out there who are crazy enough to do it for us. That's what worries me.
    An interesting article on the subject has just been published.

http://sf.indymedia.org/news/2006/02/1724445.php

Quote Originally Posted by JAWS
    Fred, you have just done the Terrorists a favour. They can stop plotting and trying to spread fear, all they have to do is take your script and convince the World it's true. Why bother with a few Bombers when you can convince people that we are on the verge of unrestricted Nuclear War. Even Bin Laden hasn't thought of threatening that. Boy, does he lack imagination!
    That's what I say too, total lack of imagination. I mean an airline ticket and a box cutter? What damage can you do with an airline ticket and a box cutter?

Default Fred

I've just read the article you directed me to.Suddenly I'm more scared than before but what is being said is completely in keeping with my gut feelings.
    Have you ever heard of something called Rex Deus?

Quote Originally Posted by fred
    That's what I say too, total lack of imagination. I mean an airline ticket and a box cutter? What damage can you do with an airline ticket and a box cutter?
    The only thing new about that was that they didn't hang around to find if they were successful.
    Still doesn't rank with going to within a few hours of Total Nuclear War. And that was only stopped by a guy fixing a lift or Bye Bye World.

Quote Originally Posted by JAWS
    The Euro/Dollar standoff? Has anybody let the Europeans, the Russians and the Chinese in on this dastardly plot to undermine their economies, or are they too stupid to see what is happening. Perhaps they are complicit in Americas devious plotting. The only reason that Oil is traded in Dollars is that there is a value common to all deals. The actual currency stated is largely irrelevant. What is there to stop two Countries agreeing to do deals using their own Currencies, all they have to do is settle on the exchange rate for that deal. Neither of them needs to have a single dollar bill in their possession.
    I've just read an intersting article on this subject.

http://www.freemarketnews.com/Analys...d=183&nid=3744

Did I miss the justification of the radiation dose due to a dirty bomb being the same as an average chest X-Ray? Was that a throw away remark Fred, or was it actually based upon something.....something sound?
    'Cause if my eyes don't deceive me,
    There's something going wrong around here

Quote Originally Posted by fred
    I've just read an intersting article on this subject.

http://www.freemarketnews.com/Analys...d=183&nid=3744
    I had a look at that one Fred, funny that one person should realise what was happening when all the Finance Ministers whose Countries are being ripped off by the Americans have been too stupid to see it.
    Are the Americans the only Country not using the Gold Standard? Do you know of many others who are? What happens to their Currencies when the value of gold varies, are they not affected by that?
    Who was fixing the price of Gold when America came off the Gold Standard, have you any ideas?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123