Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Sports Forum Caithness Only?

Default Sports Forum Caithness Only?

Why does the Sports Sub-Forum have to be about sports within Caithness only?

Seems a bit strange that we can talk about non-caithness films, books, ect but when it comes to sport it has to be within the county?

Surely people in Caithness are allowed to have an intrest in Sporting issues outside of Caithness?

The only thing I can think of is that they dont want football debates swamping out local sports but why not just have a local and general sports sub-forum?
    Last edited by Flashman; 16-Jul-09 at 13:59.

The main problem has been old firm rivalries which have ended up in personal and/or religious slanging matches. This has led to numerous members receiving warnings and infractions, and generally requires more input from the Mods than is justifiable.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Flashman View Post
    Why does the Sports Sub-Forum have to be about sports within Caithness only?

Seems a bit strange that we can talk about non-caithness films, books, ect but when it comes to sport it has to be within the county?

Surely people in Caithness are allowed to have an intrest in Sporting issues outside of Caithness?

The only thing I can think of is that they dont want football debates swamping out local sports but why not just have a local and general sports sub-forum?
    Sports section outside Caithness stuff bring it on whey hey and let the fighting begin.

They've been there, done that and lots are wearing the tshirt and remembering the warnings.

It just turns into a war-zone.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Bobinovich View Post
    T This has led to numerous members receiving warnings and infractions, and generally requires more input from the Mods than is justifiable.
    Ah the Mods loved it dishing out all those warnings and all that hard work and effort ............. it was like babysitting a load of toddlers constantly sorting out squabbles.

I was always under the assumption that only sporting events happening within Caithness could be discussed on the forum but recently this rule seems to have been relaxed because the tennis at Wimboredon was discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alice in Blunderland View Post
    Sports section outside Caithness stuff bring it on whey hey and let the fighting begin.

They've been there, done that and lots are wearing the tshirt and remembering the warnings.

It just turns into a war-zone.

That sounds fun though lol

I guess that it is far to popular a subject to mod properly then.

they should relax a bit ,i mean wat sport in caithness can we talk about thats exciting. wick academy an brora rangers isnt glamorous or maybe shooting now theres a sport ,not
    where to she go ?