Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Euro Elections - 4th June

Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    Totally agree with you on this issue, I think the Australian voting system is best, it is compulsory to vote there.
    you never know the country might be run better if everyone got of their behinds and voted at the last general election.
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    I will say one thing though I will vote in what I believe is the best way to vote and that is NOT for any Political Party. I will be Voting for the Person whom I think will represent Caithness better than all the others.

I think is far more important than voting for a Perticular Political Party.
    Maybe, but how do you decide who will represent Caithness best within the electoral system we use for choosing Scotland's MEPs? As far as I can see not one of the leading candidates has any connection with Caithness. One is from Sutherland originally but she headed down the line a long time ago.

No other ballot I'm aware of in Scotland or indeed the whole UK is more party political than the EU one.

I think it will be a very low turnout in the election today. Mrs Kodiak and I have Voted but we were thr only ones in then and was told that it had been very quiet all day.

Perhaps it will pick up in the evening, but I doubt it, sad it is that only a few can be bother to vote.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

I've voted every time since I've been legally allowed to do so. But not today; today I didn't vote, as my democratic right.

On the way to the polling station I was stopped by my neighbour who said he spoilt his paper with a big anti expenses message. I thought what was the point in that but understood his anger.

I think a party like the Greens will be an excellent anti-sleaze vote.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Went to do my duty - Polling station was deserted -

Looks like the election will be decided by the four or five how bothered to turn out.

The person in charge of my local polling station said it had been very busy tonight so the result will determined by my community if no other community voted.

when i went in to my polling station today after work to do my duty, there was just me and the offical people.
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by hotrod4 View Post
    oops I come out as BNP!!!!!

Yup me too which was a suprise

When i went to our local polling station to vote at 6pm, i was told it had been very quiet all day. I have always voted because if you don't vote you have no right to moan, it only takes a minute to put your cross on the ballot paper.

We went in to vote just before 6 & there was just us but we met another couple coming in as we were going out. We asked if it was quite all day & they said it had been steady but at that point it had been busier than Wick.
    I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals - Winston Churchill

I have always voted. The parties have changed a bit over the years but I think it is our civil duty to do so. Sometimes though when you are standing there with the list it is hard to know where to put the cross. So yes, I voted yesterday. I mainly saw older people in the hall at the same time though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12