Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: BBCi

Default BBCi

I catch up with a lot of programmes on BBCi but lately it's driving me insane. I just start to watch a programme and the picture freezes for a second and then gets left behind the dialogue when it starts again. Can anyone tell me what the problem is and how to attempt to fix it.

If you hold the stop playback thing for a bit Venture ( II ) < that thingy then watch the slider move along a bit and then play it should help - if you don't understand my technical explanation give me a pm! I am trying (some say very!) A helpful Orger told me that tip and it works!

I've tried that before wifie but it still dosen't start running normal.

That stop playback thingy is called the pause button. Move your wee arrow thingy, called the cursor, over it and press once. When the upload timer has reached a suitable length then you can unpause and watch the programme.

but have you given it enough time to fill up a bit Venture? Thank you jox - you know I have a dreadful grasp of technical language! But see Venture knew what I meant!

Tried it again, this time for 4 minutes and still the picture is way behind the dialogue and moving in slow motion. It dosen't happen when I use 4OD. No problems there.

Oh I am sorry Venture I never noticed the bit about the pic separating from the dialogue. I should keep my beeg beak out of techie things! Have you checked to see if there is any help on the i itself? I suppose you have - you are sensible!

Do you have the latest version of BBCi player? I changed mine last week so maybe that is the problem. Maybe uninstalling it from your system then downloading it again may help.

Thanks wifie for the help. Cheers Jox I'll try that tomorrow and see if it works. Too technical for me to do at this time of morning.

Exclamation

Another thing you could try is to download the "iplayer", then download the programme you want to watch (this can take some time), then watch it at your leisure.
    I believe you have a week to do that, and you don't get those annoying pauses during the viewing.
    "Life is a sexually transmitted disease, with 100% fatality." R.D.Laing

if you have never run one, it might be an idea to run a unwanted files cleaner.
    it might well be an issue with temp files or alike cloggy the system

try downloading and running one of these.
    ATFcleaner [run standalone without installation]
    Ccleaner [installable cleaner + utils]
    Glary Utils [installable system maint prog]

my fav is glary utils which you can get from filehippo or majorgeeks site
    it has a one hit wonder button.

if that does not cure it, then it's time to look at the reliability of your adsl connection.

dx