Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Brodie

Brodie has to go back down to Edinburgh for a check-up on Thursday. It doesn't seem like 5 1/2 weeks since we were down for his op. In that time he has come on in "leaps and bounds"!!

Steve
    (Dragonfly's Hubby)

binbob Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseye! View Post
    Brodie has to go back down to Edinburgh for a check-up on Thursday. It doesn't seem like 5 1/2 weeks since we were down for his op. In that time he has come on in "leaps and bounds"!!

Steve
    (Dragonfly's Hubby)

hi steve....nice to hear from u.what an ordeal u have all been through...i am sure [and pray] that all is well with the wee man.have a safe trip.

Steve....doesn't time fly. It doesn't seem almost 6 weeks since we were all sitiing round our pc's willing Brodie to pull through.........candles lit everywhere sending out healing lights and dripping wax everywhere.
    I hope and I think Brodie is going to surprise the vets when they do their check.................Brodies not a doodle...he's a Miracledoodle.

Well said Teenybash. I burn lavender candles all the time, and hope there is some healing in that.

Welcome Bullseye to your extended family on the org.

Hope all goes well in Edinburgh.
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

thats us just back from Edinburgh and after 5 hours at the hospital for ultrasound and other things, we are happy to report that the shunt is all but closed and Brodie's liver is now beginning to develop healthy veins carrying the blood it was previously deprived of

we are stopping his lactulose immediately to see how he copes without that for the next 4 weeks and if there are no neurological effects the next stage will be to remove the antibiotics and then eventually the food he is on that supports his liver

The surgeon was amazed at how much he had grown and you could see the joy in her eyes - as she said he was a dream to operate on as his shunt was so big it was easily identifiable and also so easy to access it made her job so easy

She has also given us permission to give her number to the insurance company so as she can set them straight on their refusal of our claim, as she says, restlessness is NOT a main indicator of PSS

Great News glad all went well
    Its nice to be nice

That's wonderful news! Now if only the insurance company would do the right thing.

binbob Guest

very happy to hear this news.i am sure the ins.company will have to take the vets opinion into consideration ,now.

hug for brodie...safe trip home.

Delighted with the news on Brodie. Here`s to a long and happy life for him.
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

Thats good news
    Avoid biting when a simple growl will do

Thats brilliant news.
    Glad your vet was keen to get involved and if they're saying in their professional opinion ...... then your insurers are surely "stuffed".

I met a Goldendoddle on the beach today at Glenbrittle and he was HUGE made my beardie look like a wee smoote.
    First time he's met a dog bigger than himself and it was hilarious.
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

What heart warming news for you and all of us...........including the vets by the looks of it who sound as if they were duly surprised by the bold Brodies ability to jump into major healing gear......Excellent that the vet is willing to become involved with the insurance and as Cuddlepop says, 'your insurers are surely stuffed.'
    Well done you too as times have been a bit of a difficult journey....... Hopefully now many Blessings will shower you with kindness and good.

Really pleased to hear your good news,fingers crossed for continued progress. How comforting to have such a supportive vet who cares enough to'speak out' for you and Brodie.

Thumbs up

I am really chuffed that Brodie's check up went well.

Here's hoping that the next bit of good news is that the insurance pay up. Nice of the Vet to help!
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

just a quick update for those following Brodie...........he has now been off the lactulose for over 3 weeks now and after a phonecall today with Royal Dick he's to be taken off the antibiotics leaving him only on the hepatic support diet.

If he stays normal in his behaviour (whatever that is as he is so daft now ) he will be reintroduced to "normal" food in 3-6 weeks

here's a pic hot out of the camera

WOW!sorry for shouting!But he seems to be doing better than all hoped for!xxx

never a truer word Dadie, its been a long journey but we can now see the light shining brightly at the end of the tunnel

Aww he is looking so much better, I really hope the judge sorts out morethan then a massive worry will be sorted out.
    @,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---

Aw look at him! He looks so happy!

Glad all is going well! Hugs to brodie! x
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

[quote=dragonfly;542731]just a quick update for those following Brodie...........he has now been off the lactulose for over 3 weeks now and after a phonecall today with Royal Dick he's to be taken off the antibiotics leaving him only on the hepatic support diet.

If he stays normal in his behaviour (whatever that is as he is so daft now ) he will be reintroduced to "normal" food in 3-6 weeks

here's a pic hot out of the camera

''I shall stand here for two seconds ............cos I'm great and beautiful and all better....yipee!!''

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast