Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: My latest tattoo!

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Julia, that is an outstanding piece of work, very feminine and an improvement over the origional. What studio does Calum work from.
    Thank you Flash, Calum has his own shop www.tattooswhileyouwait.com , 8 Greig Street, Inverness
    Why be a hard rock when you really are a gem!

Quote Originally Posted by northernstar View Post
    aye its the lovely cropped tops they wear to show them of that is really attractive not lol.

its ok on someone that isnt overweight, tongue, my god could never figure that out, why oh why.
    But isnt what your saying that its Ok for "Skinny" people to get pierced but not "larger" people, isnt that both Sexist (as you refer to women) and weightist(as you dont agree with larger people having a life).
    Whatever happened to live and let live?,maybe the lady in question didnt like the cut of your jib,but is she bitter about it? Doubt it she's probably quite happy with her lot and doesnt discriminate!!

Quote Originally Posted by hotrod4 View Post
    But isnt what your saying that its Ok for "Skinny" people to get pierced but not "larger" people, isnt that both Sexist (as you refer to women) and weightist(as you dont agree with larger people having a life).
    Whatever happened to live and let live?,maybe the lady in question didnt like the cut of your jib,but is she bitter about it? Doubt it she's probably quite happy with her lot and doesnt discriminate!!

i totally agree with you i wanted to write something about that post, but couldnt quite word it so thanks for writing what you did
    ELVIS ISN'T DEAD I HEARD HIM ON THE RADIO

Quote Originally Posted by ShelleyBain View Post
    I used to have mines pierced, young and foolish lol. But i took it out. Also had ma tongue pierced...oh the young days But no piercings now. Just me!
    I would be reluctant to get a tattoo for that very reason. It may seem like a good idea at the time but as the years go on, regret may set in. A no longer wanted piercing is very easy to conceal but a tattoo will be with you forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Tugmistress View Post
    Nice Tatt Julia, good cover up job.

A question for those that don't like tattoos on women -
    if you met a lassie and got to know her and liked her as a person, then some months later you met up one day and found out she had a tattoo, would your opinion of her change?

if the answer is yes i find that very shallow - take people for wha and how they are, not for anything they have on themselves - to me it's personality and character that counts.

btw i have 14 tattoos and don't regret a single one.
    No one still willing to answer the above query?

Quote Originally Posted by Margaret M. View Post
    I would be reluctant to get a tattoo for that very reason. It may seem like a good idea at the time but as the years go on, regret may set in. A no longer wanted piercing is very easy to conceal but a tattoo will be with you forever.
    yes a tattoo is with you forever, so far my oldest tattoo is 26 years old, i still have no regrets, i'm no spring chicken either and still keep thinking about another one when funds permit a little treat. The idea is to have a LOT of thought about what you want and where you want it.... and will you still be proud of it age 60+

some nice tatts there people..would post a photo o my new one that i got last week but its sorta scabby just now...

Quote Originally Posted by Margaret M. View Post
    I love my tattoo's! Think they are awsome and so far no regrets and i am sure it will stay that way when i add to my collection!

But i felt the piercings just got in my way really. And when i got pregnant i thought i better take out the belly bar...lol.

No one still willing to answer the above query?
    I am waiting to see a reply too. Personality first i think. But my OH loves my tattoo's and thinks it is 'sexy' He must be wanting a brew....lol
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Hello there

I am new here and have been reading this thread with great interest.
    I have one tattoo at the moment but i do have 17 piercings. I also had 4 other piercings but they grew out. Tattoos and piercings are a very personal thing. They all mean different things to different people.
    It is a shame that in this day and age people are judged and denigrated for having tattoos etc.

All the tattoos I have seen in this thread and others are wonderful, brilliant pieces of art, not what I may choose for myself but as a say, they are a personal thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Iris View Post
    Hello there

I am new here and have been reading this thread with great interest.
    I have one tattoo at the moment but i do have 17 piercings. I also had 4 other piercings but they grew out. Tattoos and piercings are a very personal thing. They all mean different things to different people.
    It is a shame that in this day and age people are judged and denigrated for having tattoos etc.

All the tattoos I have seen in this thread and others are wonderful, brilliant pieces of art, not what I may choose for myself but as a say, they are a personal thing.
    First of all...Welcome!

17 piercings, im not going to ask where haha! But would love to see a pic of ur tattoo! I love tattoo's. And agree with you, they are very personal. Hopefully i am gettin my next within 2 days.
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

Thank you for the welcome Shelley. Actually the piercings are all in my ears and face!! I haven't got a photo of the tattoo yet but I will try to get one.

You getting excited about your next tattoo? I find it such a buzz having a tattoo or piercing done.

Quote Originally Posted by Iris View Post
    Thank you for the welcome Shelley. Actually the piercings are all in my ears and face!! I haven't got a photo of the tattoo yet but I will try to get one.

You getting excited about your next tattoo? I find it such a buzz having a tattoo or piercing done.
    You are welcome for the welcome!

Aw ok, so no 'hidden' piercings then lol.

Yeah i am really excited about my next tattoo, hopefully tomorrow night or Wednesday i will be getting it done! I love the feeling of getting them done! Think i might get one on my hand.

(Dont have to be told no because its my boyfriend that does it for me)
    I SWORE ON ONE THREAD!
    GET OVER IT!!!!!

if you met a lassie and got to know her and liked her as a person, then some months later you met up one day and found out she had a tattoo, would your opinion of her change?

if the answer is yes i find that very shallow - take people for wha and how they are, not for anything they have on themselves - to me it's personality and character that counts.

i choost dinna lek tatoo 's on a lassie .the tat is her choice , no 'one else 's , i dinna lek it n at 's ma choice . it 's no lek a lassie wi an ugly mug or smelly oxter 's , ye dinna hev a choice wi at, but if ye choose til hev a tat , then i 'll no go wi ye . sorry, but that 's e way i am , and if ye an yer man lek yer tat 's at 's no skin off ma nose .

Now Tugperson, to me that is a kind of 'trick' question in that you start off on the premise that someone does not like tattoos on wimmin per se. For me who is indifferent to tattoos of course its personality and character that counts (as well as figure,face & money in't bank) and I doubt if anyone who is anti-tattoo is going to come forward and say " Yes - I am a very shallow person and I have gone off you now because of this or that tattoo".

btw I knew you had 12 tats - where have ewe hidden the other two ?

Quote Originally Posted by davie View Post
    Now Tugperson, to me that is a kind of 'trick' question in that you start off on the premise that someone does not like tattoos on wimmin per se. For me who is indifferent to tattoos of course its personality and character that counts (as well as figure,face & money in't bank) and I doubt if anyone who is anti-tattoo is going to come forward and say " Yes - I am a very shallow person and I have gone off you now because of this or that tattoo".

btw I knew you had 12 tats - where have ewe hidden the other two ?
    haha no tellin ya!

not a trick question, it is a very plausible scenario

router Guest

my oh has tattoos and i think they look good.i think woman can carry off tatts as long as they have good ones and not home made crappy ones.
    I do have to agree with some of the comments, that tatts can look awfuy on some people wether it be male or female if the are very big, skin stretches and if they do lose weight the tatt tends to look silly. But thats just my opinion. I love my oh with hers.She would not be her without them, she has a great personality and is honest to go with it.And her legs are great too.
    Piercings. well we both have piercings including tongues, eyebrows, nose and ears.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234