Quote Originally Posted by kristy_mac8 View Post
Hi Davie, it's really nice of you to make the offer.

If you have the Thurso edition, I am interested in the following:
Donald MILLER, who died in 1833 in Thurso, probably in his 60s or 70s, he was a shipmaster. I don't know who his parents were, it would be nice if it was conveniently mentioned on his grave

Donald's wife was Esther NICOL, b.1767, and I haven't been able to find a death for her, but as she was on the '51 census I think she may have died between 1851 and 1855.
Any of that any use to you?

I don't know when Donald NICOL and Elspet NICOL nee SWANSON died, it could be anywhere from 1807 onwards. Also, Peter MURRAY and Margaret MURRAY nee CAMBPELL, anytime from 1815 onwards.

Thank you so much in advance.

Kristy
In St Peter's Churchyard in Thurso, grave no 73 says (Table Stone) Don Miller, Shipowner, 31.1.1835, 72, erected by family: this burying ground belongs to And Nicol

The next grave is a Flat Stone with the initials DN ES 1800

And the next says (Table Stone-worn) Don Miller master sloop Alexander, Thurso []8.7.1826, 65: Don miller Ritchie 8.1828 4 mths; Margaret Miller 8.[....], 11 (father john Miller, shipmaster); [Margt?] Miller 13.8.1852, 25 years 5 months(father Don Miller, shipowner)

Only checked the Thurso book for the Murrays, and no luck, but will look at the others later in the day.