Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: My photos

Arrow My photos

I have put some photos on my website, I have not built it myself, I used one the template from Zenphotos. If anyone wants to have a look and give me some feedback that would be great. I am wondering if it is any good. Please feel free to leave comments on any of them.

www.valspages.com
    Last edited by arana negra; 27-Dec-08 at 17:47. Reason: missed out a word
    Images of Spain can be seen at valspages.com

Loved the sunflower and the beach shells, some great pictures elsewhere too.
    Many thanks for sharing.

Thanks for looking and comment. I am not sure about the template (best of downloaded selection) but don't speak the lingo to build my own.

I particularly like the narrow streets with the whitewalled buildings and their hanging baskets of beautiful flowers......thanks for showing them...

arana negra,

Some great photographs, well done and thank you for showing.

I thought the site was a bit slow loading the gallery pics.

I would also suggest a more consistant font use (ie your heading font is too ornate - keep it simple ie: "San serif")
    All the world's a stage and we are merely players . . . . .
    For more visit: http://www.studiograff-photo.co.uk

I have unlimited bandwidth with host, I may have to look at quality of photos, they are slow for a few folks. Unfortunately I have no control of font the template does not allow me to change it as far as I can see. I always try to use lucinda handwriting or comic sans if I have a choice.

Thanks for your comments, if I ever master the art of web site building I will have control

Quote Originally Posted by arana negra View Post
    I have unlimited bandwidth with host, I may have to look at quality of photos, they are slow for a few folks. Unfortunately I have no control of font the template does not allow me to change it as far as I can see. I always try to use lucinda handwriting or comic sans if I have a choice.

Thanks for your comments, if I ever master the art of web site building I will have control
    Sorry, (font snob here!)
    - two of the worst fonts ever invented!! (particularly - Comic Sans - why do all school newsletters use this font?!!) - do you want your website to look/feel like a cartoon? (amateur).

OK rant over (I'll become more human shortly) -

WHOOOOO I never realised there was such a thing as font snobbery ! put my gas a peep that did what world do I live in I now wonder

As for amateur well that is what I am at this photography lark and website building. As I said at the moment I have NO control over the font used.

I hope you are more human now

Yes, human at last. I'm a professional graphic designer so fonts are very dear to my heart. Typography is a dying art these days.

If it was me I would advise something simple (clear and easy to read) like Arial as an on-screen font. All the twiddly, curvy stuff tends not to read well on a computer screen.

Just another thought but have you re-sampled down your images to a smaller size. It might improve your download speed issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Deemac View Post
    Sorry, (font snob here!)
    - two of the worst fonts ever invented!! (particularly - Comic Sans - why do all school newsletters use this font?!!) - do you want your website to look/feel like a cartoon? (amateur).

OK rant over (I'll become more human shortly) -
    I like comic sans - apparently it is easier for dyslexia sufferers to read - a teacher told me this!

Some really good photo's on your website Arana Negra, thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by wifie View Post
    I like comic sans - apparently it is easier for dyslexia sufferers to read - a teacher told me this!
    That would explain all the school newsletters in this terrible font!!