Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Funny Local stories

I remember my mates mam used to work and my mate had to make dinner for her coming home. This day it was liver and she didn't know how to cook it. i said "i have an idea, lets phone the operator". so thats what we did. For years after that we used to phone the operator if we wanted to know anything!!
    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

I remember a man who's twin tub washing machine leaked badly so he shifted it to outside to do his washing, anyway he went off out one day leaving the washing machine outside unaware his neighbours had called for an uplift on there knackered machine, needless to say the wrong machine was uplifted
    after he complained to the council he was presented with a brand spanking new front loader.

Not all bad then

Quote Originally Posted by ice box
    Not all bad then
    No it turned out good for him, the look on his face would of been priceless though to come home and find his washing machine gone

That would of been funny lol

I should have my dad on this forum just now he has so many funny stories from the nineteen forties.One he told me which I found a hoot was when they were younger they used to have a Bignold Park bonfire (new Year I think) every year they borrowed a local farmers cart and gathered the rubbish to burn.One particular year they must have annoyed the farmer for when they asked for the cart they were told to clear off.Day after they were all sitting round their newly built bonfire when along comes the farmer with the local bobby looking for ......you guessed it his cart they all denied knowledge of its whereabouts. Turning to walk away something caught the farmers eye the look on the farmers face when he saw the handles of his lovely cart sticking out the centre of the bonfire stayed with my dad now and the memory of the thump they all got from the bobby before being made to pull apart the bonfire instant punishment dealt with on the spot no nead for a court appearance for my dad and his mates.
    Last edited by Alice in Blunderland; 07-Jan-06 at 11:31.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123