Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whats your biggest fear.

SNOWDOG Guest

Dinosaurs!!

Frogs! Hate them. One jumped into my boat once on our pond and tried to eat me! Scream!!!! I think the whole village heard me. Hubby had to rescue me in the end, before the critter got me.

Wasps! Hate them too. There is no point to them and despite what many people say to the contrary they do chase you, they do go and get their family and gang up and you, they do sting indiscriminately and yes, they do want to take you away and feed off your body.

Spiders! Again why do they have to have so many legs and eyes???? It's really not necessary and just like the wasps they do seek you out with mean intentions.
    As for spiders with wings, well they're just sick and unnatural.

That's about it, except for the obvious losing my kids and hubby ones.
    oh yes, also slugs, caterpillars, worms, maggots and anything remotely resembling them.
    I even had a strange aversion to Bassett Hounds once It was their stumpy legs they really freaked me out and I couldn't even look at them. Made life quite hard as one of my friends owns and breeds them. Think they're great now though!

Also nearly forget to mention toothpaste and seeing people brush their teeth. Makes me physically sick. I managed to get around the toothpaste bit so I can look after my own teeth but I can't look at it and have to leave the tap running (don't know, don't ask).
    If someone sees me though I'd freak and if I see anyone doing theirs I would vomit and have to close my eyes and go 'La la la' when toothpaste ads come on the TV.
    Last edited by porshiepoo; 17-Oct-08 at 09:34.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

Wasps for me too.terrified of the little sods I really will do anything to get away from them!I have left the car,ran out onfront of a car etc, etc in my haste to get away from the sods.
    Fishscales are another thing,dont know why but I am terrified of them as well,they make me feel sick just thinking about them! my son regularly tells me stories about fishscales just to see my reaction x
    The nice thing about living in a small place is that if you dont know what you are doing....there's always somebody who does,or thinks they do! x

Quote Originally Posted by porshiepoo View Post
    Frogs! Hate them. One jumped into my boat once on our pond and tried to eat me! Scream!!!! I think the whole village heard me. Hubby had to rescue me in the end, before the critter got me.

Wasps! Hate them too. There is no point to them and despite what many people say to the contrary they do chase you, they do go and get their family and gang up and you, they do sting indiscriminately and yes, they do want to take you away and feed off your body.

Spiders! Again why do they have to have so many legs and eyes???? It's really not necessary and just like the wasps they do seek you out with mean intentions.
    As for spiders with wings, well they're just sick and unnatural.

That's about it, except for the obvious losing my kids and hubby ones.
    oh yes, also slugs, caterpillars, worms, maggots and anything remotely resembling them.
    I even had a strange aversion to Bassett Hounds once It was their stumpy legs they really freaked me out and I couldn't even look at them. Made life quite hard as one of my friends owns and breeds them. Think they're great now though!

Also nearly forget to mention toothpaste and seeing people brush their teeth. Makes me physically sick. I managed to get around the toothpaste bit so I can look after my own teeth but I can't look at it and have to leave the tap running (don't know, don't ask).
    If someone sees me though I'd freak and if I see anyone doing theirs I would vomit and have to close my eyes and go 'La la la' when toothpaste ads come on the TV.
    Do you live in a sterile padded cell?

as daft as it sounds i have a fear of being run over when crossing the road..its caused many a comical moment when tryning to get across even on proper crossing i tend to be over cautious...
    SMILE IT CONFUSES PEOPLE

Quote Originally Posted by SNOWDOG View Post
    Dinosaurs!!
    and where do you live jurassic park lol
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy1 View Post
    as daft as it sounds i have a fear of being run over when crossing the road..its caused many a comical moment when tryning to get across even on proper crossing i tend to be over cautious...
    oh it is so funny you should see it, it is like taking a child across the road lol, you know i am only kidding pal lol
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

I am terrified of heights!! Absolutely terrified, if i am up high (say in a building or something) and i look down i can feel myself wobble at the knees!

Im also scared of the dark.........yeah, its embarrassing, im 17 and scared of the dark! But on a more positive note i overcame my fear of spiders! I dont mind them now, but if theres one in the bath then i still shout on my poor brother, he comes in handy!

Quote Originally Posted by joxville View Post
    Do you live in a sterile padded cell?
    Unfortunately no! But when I'm out on the land I set out well equipped.
    I have belts (similar to a builders tool belt) that carries Wasp Killer, frog squashers, a blow torch (that one's just for fun though lol), replacement rubber gloves - I'd freak if I actually touched any of those things, and pretty much any contraption invented for protection against these critters and / or for the annihalation of them!
    Think of me if you will as a Lara Croft of the bug killer kind
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

Falling from a height and burning to death are the things in this world that frighten the life out of me.
    Im not bothered about much else but they do it for me.

My biggest fear is waking up and realising I am not as wonderful as I know I am!!!!!!

Its really drowning, I have always had a fear of drowning even though I am a strong swimmer,dont know why maybe its a childhood thing.
    It used to be heights but after doing some abseiling down a viaduct with a really good instructor in the Army I managed to conquer it. IT IS TRUE if you face your fear you can overcome it.

Quote Originally Posted by hotrod4 View Post
    My biggest fear is waking up and realising I am not as wonderful as I know I am!!!!!!

Its really drowning, I have always had a fear of drowning even though I am a strong swimmer,dont know why maybe its a childhood thing.
    It used to be heights but after doing some abseiling down a viaduct with a really good instructor in the Army I managed to conquer it. IT IS TRUE if you face your fear you can overcome it.

Well i aint setting myself alight or throwing myself off a sturdy platform, just to face my fears but i agree with most things that facing the fear does help.

I also have a slight fear of Toilet rim blocks!!!

Strange I know, but when I was a rugrat I loved the smell of them and broke a bit off and jammed it up my nose and it stuck!!!! Panicked and ever since that day get a shiver when I see them!!!

Getting a negitive nature,and loosing my sense of humour

Quote Originally Posted by wee sparkle View Post
    I am terrified of heights!! Absolutely terrified, if i am up high (say in a building or something) and i look down i can feel myself wobble at the knees!

Im also scared of the dark.........yeah, its embarrassing, im 17 and scared of the dark! But on a more positive note i overcame my fear of spiders! I dont mind them now, but if theres one in the bath then i still shout on my poor brother, he comes in handy!
    Glad I'm not the only one afraid of heights on here! I live 3 floors up and although I was quite scared of looking out my windows to begin with I'm fine now(been there a year and a half). I can even clean the windows without too much bother which is quite a big thing for me considering I have to open the window inside (like a door) sit on the windowsill which is about 18 inches deep and do the job while realizing all it takes is a sudden sideways move and I'm a goner!!! The time I really feel my fear of heights is when I'm on a big wheel. Been on a few when I was younger and more recently did it again and for some reason thought I'd be fine but half way up realized I was far from fine and started FREAKING OUT! My hubby and kids were with me and they found it hilarious! All the laughter was shaking the carriage and making me extremely nervous (yes I was yelling at them to be quiet and stop leaning over the side to look down cos it was tipping the thing over!!) When we eventually got to the bottom of the wheel the operator wasn't intending to let us off but I specifically asked for us to get off and I have never been so glad to have my feet back on solid ground again!!!

Another fear - same as wee sparkle - is also the dark, but only if I've watched a scary film before going to bed - not a good thing. Also get freaked out if I'm on my own in the house at night and go to bed on my own in the dark. Don't know why but I still believe there are monsters there in my room that only come out when you turn off the lights - and I'm only a couple of years off 30!!! Yes embarassing isn't it!!
    Last edited by ett23; 17-Oct-08 at 18:26.

After reading through this thread I was thinking to myself that I don't really fear anything, but then I began to realise that I do have a subconcious fear of swimming/drowning in the sea, I can swim a bit but I always seem to steer well clear of swimming in the sea, whenever we are on holiday near a beach I am always very reluctant to go into the water and when I do eventually venture into to the brine I never swim out of my depth. This I guess goes back to my childhood days when I was at the Rockwell in Thurso with two of my friends, they both jumped in and landed on a ledge, so I guess I was trying to show off a bit, took a massive leap, missed the ledge, completely out of my depth and panicked, I have my friends to thank for saving me that day, they managed to drag me out, ignoring the risk they were taking themselves. Two brave boys and all great friends while we grew up togeher. We have now all gone our different ways but between the three of us we always manage to keep in touch via a letter or the odd evening out whenever we are in the area where one or the other of us lives.
    Live the Dream, don't dream the life

it is strange the varity of things folk are scared of, glad i am not the only one scared of birds.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12