Quote Originally Posted by daviddd View Post
Yes, the yellow cable came with the router.

I checked for the Linksys driver but there doesn't seem to be one in the system, although I could see the dell N network driver. Since then I've been searching around on Google and it seems there may be an issue with Linksys not supplying drivers on the set-up disk for 64-bit Vista Home premium (I assume that it's have 64 bit but will check tonight when I get home). It appears that the WAG160N router is quite new, and there isn't much support on the Linksys website for it.
I think I now have to search online for 64-bit drivers and upload. Is it likely that the 'missing cable' report was because the router can't see the laptop since there wasn't a driver?
Hi daviddd,

You don't need a driver to connect to any router (or should that be any router that I know of ) because they are a separate device and connects through ethernet. As you already have the driver for your ethernet on there, that's all you need.

I suspect that the problem is either the ethernet settings or the physical ethernet port. Can you go back to the previous email and look at the LED's and let me know which ones are on or off?