Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Cancer Research UK Relay For Life Caithness

Default Relay

YIPPEE Caithness you have hearts of Gold. Well Done everyone

I agree. As a former journalistI was schocked that the event only had a few lines tucked away in a corner of the Press and Journal, no pictures, I was very dissapointed.
    There should have been interviews and picturesd with the organisers, survivors, and people who have lost loved ones to cancer. there should have been huge coverage. Why was nothing in the sunday Post. I didnt see any Groat reporters there just the P&J one. So I am hoping there will be a dvd.
    And what about Lord and Lady thurso who live just up the road, I didnt see them there.
    Live for today as tomorrow may never come

i watched the bit on news and it wasent worth putting on my son did leg wax for it and the walk.

Quote Originally Posted by Fran View Post
    I agree. As a former journalistI was schocked that the event only had a few lines tucked away in a corner of the Press and Journal, no pictures, I was very dissapointed.
    There should have been interviews and picturesd with the organisers, survivors, and people who have lost loved ones to cancer. there should have been huge coverage. Why was nothing in the sunday Post. I didnt see any Groat reporters there just the P&J one. So I am hoping there will be a dvd.
    And what about Lord and Lady thurso who live just up the road, I didnt see them there.
    Lord & Lady Thurso were there from the start, standing at the starting line.

Quote Originally Posted by alanatkie View Post
    Lord & Lady Thurso were there from the start, standing at the starting line.
    Yes, I saw them there too.

Bit harsh to question their commitment to the event just because you didn't see them, Fran.

What a weekend, I am still buzzing, even more so when I have just heard that we have hit over £103 000, its a crazy amount, where is it going to stop, everyone in Caithness should be so proud and be giving themselves a pat on the back.

I have been reading the comments and I have to agree with them all, the atmosphere was something else, It was me who was given the task of speaking at the Candle of Hope cermonay, and as I was standing on the stage looking out at everyone doing the lap of reflection with the music playing it was taking me all my time to keep focused and not let the emotion hit me, and during the minutes silence you could have heard a pin drop, it was the most silent minute I have ever experienced.

I'm delighted that everyone enjoyed the night, it made it all worth while for us organising it.

would it be possible for you to print here the poem you read out as we couldn't quite catch it all on the night

Heres the link to a 6 minute video of the Thurso relay for life event http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Obq8QU7AKgQ better than the STV coverage anyway!!!!

Well done everyone who took part!!!!

Default Video

Thank you for posting this.
    So glad someone recorded this fabulous event.

me to just about to watch it !
    just signed the book in the cancer shop aswell
    they have two they have one for people who took part in the event and are affected by cancer and one for everyone else
    some lovely comments in there
    ELVIS ISN'T DEAD I HEARD HIM ON THE RADIO

Default cancer relay

Quote Originally Posted by Fran View Post
    sad that the local press had their eyes off the ball. this was the greatest for caithness with advance publicity. lord and lady of this manor can not be faulted. they support many small unknown charity works with no publicity.the press more interested in a missing cat. get themself local nose for news .talk to the people.

Quote Originally Posted by jay View Post
    would it be possible for you to print here the poem you read out as we couldn't quite catch it all on the night
    Every Candle has a name
    we're like sailors in the night, being guided by a light
    Just a beacon on the shore, giving hope and strength and more.

Walking through this sea of lights, I sense unity and might
    The power of passion in this place, every memory has a face

These are loved ones we have known, some still here, but some are gone
    In this time, in our own way, as the footsteps melt away

We see love in every flame, like a never-ending chain
    and we know, that every candle has a name

Theres a name of the ones who still are here
    theres a name of those gone -we still hold dear
    theres a name, each one shining in the flames
    and i know, that every candle has a name.

Can I just say that the press coverage of this event was pants!!

and VERY WELL DONE EVERYONE THAT TOOK PART IN ANY WAY.
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum.

Quote Originally Posted by trinkie View Post
    The sun shone on that special night
    Blue shirts gleamed – faces bright
    With smiles of joy, Oh what a sight
    As they walked o’er the grass in Caithness

Candles flickered as the sun went down
    Friends met friends as they strolled around
    ‘Good to see you’ greetings abound
    As they walked o’er the grass in Caithness.

‘Thanks for coming’ and ‘See you again’
    Whether it’s sunny or cold with rain,
    The Blue Shirts will ne’er restrain
    As they walk o’er the grass in Caithness.

great trinkie as usual
    and so proud of my pals who did it and well done to all of you great cause
    Its nice to be nice

Quote Originally Posted by gollach View Post
    Yes, I saw them there too.

Bit harsh to question their commitment to the event just because you didn't see them, Fran.

Yes, youre right, my apologies, I didn't see them and would have spoken to them if i had.
    Live for today as tomorrow may never come

Default Photos

Does anyone have any photos of the Relay which they want included on the DVD? If so please can you email them to me as soon as possible. Does anyone have a video clip of the start and the conga lap. PM me for email address. Many thanks

Default Future Star For Thurso Pipe Band, Dylan Davidson

Smile Total update

Hi all

Thanks for all the wonderful comments and photos you've posted.

There is still money coming in, which is amazing, so we have now broken through........

£110,000

Thank you all so much.

The dvd will be available soon!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567