Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: a caithness festival?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by moncur View Post
    With regards to a festival to reach all styles and ages, are you for real?
    You're gonna have hip hop, metal bands, a pipe band, hardcore trance, jazz musicians, ceilidh bands, indie bands and a big band on the same stage over the course of a weekend? I'd like to see that!
    Try the St. Magnus Festival on Orkney. It caters for most tastes, including poetry and proses!

i think my brain just leaked onto the floor.....

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

Quote Originally Posted by Cazaa View Post
    Try the St. Magnus Festival on Orkney. It caters for most tastes, including poetry and proses!
    poetry & prose are all the rage just now & if you're on the ferry you always have that rocking feeling

lol it was a idea but yet again shot down and drained and i wonder why people still try nowadays congrats

Quote Originally Posted by cesare View Post
    lol it was a idea but yet again shot down and drained and i wonder why people still try nowadays congrats
    Well done for even having the idea, dont let a bunch of self opiniated, cynics ( is cyniscm in the water supply up there ? ) dampen you. As I have said ( and correctly if I may congratulate myself ) Ullapool is a shining example of what can be done.....I also notice that the cynics know this damn well fine, which is why no one came after me on this thread.

You know what, this nonsense has so hacked me off that I am going to publically pledge that there will be a music festival ( of some kind ) next year...anyone fancy getting involved !!!!

Previous discussion on Northern Lights Festival...

Northern Lights Festival

I still stand by that its a good idea, would be willing to pitch in, if you want to PM me Rob?

Quote Originally Posted by Flyermonkey View Post
    Previous discussion on Northern Lights Festival...

Northern Lights Festival

I still stand by that its a good idea, would be willing to pitch in, if you want to PM me Rob?
    Great stuff will do. Glad to hear from an optimist, a rare sight on these pages !! Good job that there are a few optimists about willing to challenge prevailing wisdom.....otherwise we would all be still living in caves. Heres a thought, when Marconi ( invented wireless communciations ) first pitched his idea to investors etc he said that he had a broadcasting system which consisted of a broadcast device and a reciever device capable of transmitting voices from one point to another, when the investors asked what lay between the devices he replied nothing ( hence wireless ) accordingly ( and true story ) they thought him insane.....So is it insane to think through the logistics / budgets required to deliver a festival....I think not...mind you the bill might not be upto what the cynics require....however as they are in a very small minority ( no more than 10 I would think ) then we have a total 2 county population of 39,990 to target ( not counting visitors from out with the area ) lol lol lol ....the madcap laugh !!!!!!
    Last edited by rob murray; 24-Jul-08 at 13:21.

Oh forgot to mention, there is also the Wizard festival in New Deer, near Peterhead this year.. usually attended by c3000

Headliners include Supergrass and more. ( do any of you cynics recognise the name Supergrass ??? )

Quote Originally Posted by cesare View Post
    nice try. i like the IDEA. which is all it is. fair play for wanting to do something for music, not enough wanting to do so, but if respected musicians are going to react like the way the have on this thread then why bother?
    the older musicians on the scene should be trying harder to encourage such ideas rather than ridicule them on first view.
    you dont look at the mantle when ur pokin the fire

Quote Originally Posted by dogman View Post
    nice try. i like the IDEA. which is all it is. fair play for wanting to do something for music, not enough wanting to do so, but if respected musicians are going to react like the way the have on this thread then why bother?
    the older musicians on the scene should be trying harder to encourage such ideas rather than ridicule them on first view.
    given the smarmy know it all attitudes conveyed, "respect" is a word I wouldnt use here