Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Please say a prayer for Tiggy

Heartbreaking news, Liz. You can still have your wee blethers with, Tiggy, he'll be listening. Big hugs to you. xxoooxx

So sorry about Tiggy Liz, my heart goes out to you, I'm sure you will get some comfort from the other cats.

Oh Liz, I'm so sorry.
    I came on here as soon as I finished work, hoping it would be good news.
    At least Tiggy won't be suffering any more, and he was lucky to have you. He couldn't have been more loved.
    So sorry.

I am so sorry to hear he is gone

That is terrible news for you Liz, you have had such a tough time recently with your pets. My thoughts are with you but you done the kindest thing for a much loved companion.
    @,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---

Unhappy

Thanks everyone. As I said before your love and support means the world to me. So hugs and love to you all.
    I have to say I never thought I would laugh today but we were out burying Tiggy in the garden. We said a wee prayer and gave him a hug. Benjy was with us and, as Margaret(my sister) went to bury Tiggy, Benjy fell in the hole!!! Then Margaret, who was holding Tiggy, slipped and fell in amongst the floors holding onto Tiggy!!! It seemed awful to be doubled up with laughter when burying our darling Tiggy but sure he would be laughing with us or rather at us!
    Sadly,I know there will be many more tears of sadness shed but good to know that he is free now. He looked so peaceful and at rest.
    Teenybash you are so right as I have cried until I am exhausted and when you think there are no more tears left you start again. xxx
    Last edited by Liz; 03-Jun-08 at 18:33.
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

god i am soo sorry, ive been thinking about you all day and came on to see of an update, like i said before we are all for you, losing a pet is awful

rest in peace Tiggy xxxxxx
    ELVIS ISN'T DEAD I HEARD HIM ON THE RADIO

A friend sent me a link to this website to light a candle for Tiggy. http://www.lightacandle.co.uk/ She also sent me a beautiful poem but can't copy and paste it for some reason so will need to copy it myself. It's at times like these that you find out just how caring and lovely people can be! xxx

Here's the poem and hope it helps others who have lost much loved pets.

FOR TIGGY

HIS JOURNEY’S JUST BEGUN

Don’t think of him as gone away -
    His journey’s just begun
    Life holds so many facets -
    This earth is only one

Just think of him as resting
    From the sorrows and the tears -
    In a place of warmth and comfort
    Where there are no days and years

Think how he must be wishing
    That we could know today -
    How nothing but our sadness
    Can really pass away

And think of him as living
    In the hearts of those he touched -
    For nothing loved is ever lost -
    And he was loved so much

Last edited by Liz; 03-Jun-08 at 18:31.

so sorry Liz for your loss always hard to loose a pet
    Ax
    Its nice to be nice

binbob Guest

Default tiggy

ohhh..liz...so so sorry.u have been brave and done the right thing for tiggy.
    he will remain in ur heart forever and u will meet again at the rainboiw bridge.
    i did laugh at the burial fiasco...sorry ,but i truly think tiggy made it happen to help you.
    penny,saffi,lottie and my phoebe basset send u big hairy hugs and many paws.
    god bless tiggy...
    bobbi xxxxxx

Default loads of love

Hi Liz,
    Just wanted to send you hugs and loads of thoughts as I had been popping on and off to see what news there was. Its awful to lose a loving pet and it will take time to get use to it. But always remember you gave him a happy life and you did a very brave thing letting him go and not suffer anymore.
    Loads of love

Liz I'm absolutely heartbroken for you. Like the rest of the 'catty' crew, I've been popping on and off here all day waiting and hoping that Tiggy had come round. Very sad to hear his results. You made the right and brave decision by easing his suffering.
    Thinking of you
    Love evelyn x

Oh Liz, I am so sorry. The tears are running down my face now too Teenybash and all the other posters have summed everything, I can only add to the love and virtual hugs that are being sent your way.

Tiggy would have been tittering to himself seeing Benjy fall in the hole - he got the last word in and duped the dog again so he will be happy and at peace in catty heaven. He will be remembered by all of us too and lives on in all our hearts.
    Hope you and Margaret are ok xxx
    Avoid biting when a simple growl will do

Liz i'm so sorry to hear your sad news. I know how hard it is to make the decision to let your beloved pet go, your head says it's the last thing you can do for them so that they don't suffer anymore but at the same time your heart is breaking. Big hugs to you, Benjy and the cats.

Liz, your post brought tears to my eyes, I am so so sorry. As horrible as it is to have a pet put down, you can take comfort in the fact you did the right thing and he isn't suffering. We had a cat put down due to kidney failure a few years back so I know exactly how you're feeling.

Thinking of you all, Jinky and Oscar send you loads of hugs xx

Managed to get some sleep last night but still exhausted and tears are never far away.Did have a greet when I went to bed as missed Tiggy being on my bed. He would lie at the bottom until I 'invited' him up to the top to lie beside me where he would lie close in to me and occasionally rub his face on the book I was reading.

It was awful getting up this morning and realising Tiggy wasn't there and not getting my morning 'Hello'. Oh that's the tears welling up again so can hardly see.
    Strange filling two cat dishes instead of two. It will just take time for the raw pain of loss to be replaced by happy memories of my 'Tiggy Teet'.
    The mind is cruel as I can keep seeing him and hearing him but still this will bring comfort in the future.

I would be lost without Benjy, Charly and Suzy. Benjy hates to see his Mam cry and comes and gives me a kiss but I try not to cry in front of him as I know he gets upset.
    Charly and Suzy provide lots of cuddles and purrs.

Then of course there are you my orger friends who honestly have been a tower of strength. Not only with Tiggy but during Rusty and Charly's illness.
    So much love and hugs to you all. You are lovely, caring people and I truly appreciate all your messages and thanks to those who have pm'd me.

It is a lovely day thankfully so will take Benjy for a walk on the beach to get out of the house for a wee while.

xxxxx

Liz - I'm so sorry to hear the sad news of Tiggy. Our furry friends do strange and wonderful things to the heartstrings and leave us in bits when they go. Hope that Benjy, Charly and Suzy are helping a little.

I had a wee smile at the picture you conjured up with your story of Tiggy's burial - sounds like he had the last laugh indeed.

Thanks Moira.

Yes I am glad there was something to smile about in amongst the terrible sadness.
    I'll bet he was having a laugh at the daft pair!

i'm really sorry about the sad news. i know how hard it is to lose a darling pet but i'm sure it'll be best for tiggy and you had to be strong for him.
    lots of love.xx.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast