Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Reid's Bakery - Sun dried tomato bread

Thumbs up Reid's Bakery - Sun dried tomato bread

wow - this is fantastic stuff. Bought a loaf this morning after being offered a sample to try. Best flavoured bread I've tasted.

mmmm sounds tasty

And their Butteries are the best you'll get north of Aberdeen.

what a difference in the bakery... there son gary is in the shop alot, he is soo polite, such a nice guy, always giving out free samples aswell
    ELVIS ISN'T DEAD I HEARD HIM ON THE RADIO

Thumbs up

Definately the best Bakery in town!!! The Reids have always had a good reputation and it just gets better!!!! and Gary is doing a great job bringing the place forward!!!! Good to see him out and about promoting the new things! and I have to say their new steak pies are very very tasty!

Quote Originally Posted by pixie View Post
    Definately the best Bakery in town!!! The Reids have always had a good reputation and it just gets better!!!! and Gary is doing a great job bringing the place forward!!!! Good to see him out and about promoting the new things! and I have to say their new steak pies are very very tasty!
    No, sorry, definitely can't recommend Reid's Steak pies, unless you like an old boot.
    MacDonald's make the best Steak pies ever, though, Jameson's are not far behind.

Well each to their own!!!! I canna fault there steak pies but we all have different tastes!!! (luckily) What I will say though is that anytime I have been in Reids I have had excellent customer service, however I have to mention that everytime I have been in Johnstons the attitude of the staff has alot to be desired!!!!! ie..... I asked for a meat pastry..And the wiffie told me very promptly it was a Bridey!! and was extremely rude about it!! I work in a customer environment and I will be honest to say that that was the last time I was in Johnstons! even though I love their Carrot Cake! rudeness doesnt help repeat business and if I was a tourist I wld have been horrified with the hospitality and as a local lassie I wont go bk! At least Gary, Joyce & the team at Reids dont treat u like ur stupid!!!! Has anyone else had his experience?????

i agree and disagree, i was never keen on reids as the place was dirty feeling and very slow, but now its totally better, gary has alot to do with that
    ELVIS ISN'T DEAD I HEARD HIM ON THE RADIO

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    No, sorry, definitely can't recommend Reid's Steak pies, unless you like an old boot.
    MacDonald's make the best Steak pies ever, though, Jameson's are not far behind.
    Must agree with Buttercup MacDonald's steak pies are the best. They also make a sun dried tomato & herb bread it's delicious.

Always liked Reids, at least their pies have some meat in them and their Sausage rolls are huge compared to Johnstons