Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: Is the government to lenient

Sam, the quote about taking things personally was actually one of yours.
    [QUOTE=sam;202394IYou seem to be taking things very personally Jaws, for whatever reason only you know maybe you are on benefits yourself, but i would say if you are and you are genuine then whats your problem.[/QUOTE]
    My problem is that although I am willing to accept your explanation that your original post could have been worded better I can only see one interpretation of your second post
    Quote Originally Posted by sam View Post
    I agree there are a few honest folk on benefits lol but they seem to be few and far between
    You clearly state that there are a few honest folk on benefits but they seem to be few and far between. That certainly seems to convey a certain view of people on benefits.
    It was only later when it was pointed out that your posts seemed include many very genuine claimants that you said you only meant those who definitely were making false claims.

Apart from those disclaimers the rest of your posts seem to indicate that everybody on benefits is living in the lap of luxury and never has any intention of working.
    Animals I like, people I tolerate.

Dole Cheats Deserve to be brought to Justice
    As do the cheating, murdering liars you refer to as "government" who waste billions of "taxpayers" money bombing the living daylights out of innocent people in foreign countries..... Bring these people to justice. And once you've brought them to justice elect a party that will ensure the money the imprisoned crooks wasted bombing other countries is put to better use like creating new jobs, youth centres, education, training etc. etc. in our own country.

There are dole cheats "yes" no doubt about that but no point homing in on such a trivial problem in the scheme of things..... this country has gone pear shaped and going further South by the second and the powers that be don't give a hoot if people are jacking up on heroin, robbing each other or going to hell and back on a cheap ticket.... to point the finger of blame at a few dole cheats is pointing your finger in the wrong direction I think.

Quote Originally Posted by JAWS View Post
    Sam, the quote about taking things personally was actually one of yours.

My problem is that although I am willing to accept your explanation that your original post could have been worded better I can only see one interpretation of your second post
    You clearly state that there are a few honest folk on benefits but they seem to be few and far between. That certainly seems to convey a certain view of people on benefits.
    It was only later when it was pointed out that your posts seemed include many very genuine claimants that you said you only meant those who definitely were making false claims.

Apart from those disclaimers the rest of your posts seem to indicate that everybody on benefits is living in the lap of luxury and never has any intention of working.
    Here we go again, I am / was reffering to the people that i know who are claiming as i have already said i have even given examples but if you chose to ignore some posts i cant help that, you're going to keep picking whatever you want to pick out anyway and yes the genuine ones are few and far between, but when you look at the bigger picture of all the claiments in the country then yes there will be plenty of genuine claiments.
    Why do i have to keep going over and over explaining things to you Jaws?
    The man who views the world at fifty,
    the same as he did at twenty,
    has wasted thirty years of his life.

[quote=sam;204848]yes the genuine ones are few and far between[quote]

But sam, if you will say this sort of thing (again) don't you realise how hurtful it sounds to people who (like me) have been forced through ill health to claim benefits?

I know you say that you are only referring to people who cheat the system, and I agree with you totally that that is wrong, but then why do you feel the need to say "few and far between" ?

It may not be your intention, but it is quite distressing to people like me.

That is exactly why I point to the general trend of sam's posts. She claims she only means those who are on benefits who cheat the system then goes on to repeat her claim that the genuine ones are “few and far between”.

I cannot read that as anything but a claim that most people who are on Benefits are not on them for genuine reasons. Trying to qualify it by adding that "when you look at the bigger picture of all the claimants in the country then yes there will be plenty of genuine claimants".

If we are not talking about the "bigger picture of all the claimants in the country" then what are we talking about? Are we only talking about a few certain people who sam knows locally or are we talking about the situation Nationwide?

Most of the incidents of abuse of the system, which have quoted from the media, are from places as far south as London which is certainly not local.

Which is it sam? Is the Thread about the people who are on Benefits Nationwide or simply aimed at indicating that there is a handful of individuals locally who you believe are making false claims?

[quote=Angela;204851][quote=sam;204848]yes the genuine ones are few and far between

But sam, if you will say this sort of thing (again) don't you realise how hurtful it sounds to people who (like me) have been forced through ill health to claim benefits?

I know you say that you are only referring to people who cheat the system, and I agree with you totally that that is wrong, but then why do you feel the need to say "few and far between" ?

It may not be your intention, but it is quite distressing to people like me.
    Angela as i have said the one's i am reffering to as few and far between are among the one's i know, I know only a handfull of genuine people who are claiming but i would say for every one genuine person i know there are atleast 3 who i know to be cheating the system, the reason i know is because they arent to shy in admiting it.
    I know their are many who are on benefits through no fault of their own and as i say these are the one's that my sympathys lie with because its all the cheats who are giveing them a bad name and its not right.
    I can only apologise if you take it to heart but i can assure you that is not my intention.

Quote Originally Posted by JAWS View Post
    That is exactly why I point to the general trend of sam's posts. She claims she only means those who are on benefits who cheat the system then goes on to repeat her claim that the genuine ones are “few and far between”.

I cannot read that as anything but a claim that most people who are on Benefits are not on them for genuine reasons. Trying to qualify it by adding that "when you look at the bigger picture of all the claimants in the country then yes there will be plenty of genuine claimants".

If we are not talking about the "bigger picture of all the claimants in the country" then what are we talking about? Are we only talking about a few certain people who sam knows locally or are we talking about the situation Nationwide?

Most of the incidents of abuse of the system, which have quoted from the media, are from places as far south as London which is certainly not local.

Which is it sam? Is the Thread about the people who are on Benefits Nationwide or simply aimed at indicating that there is a handful of individuals locally who you believe are making false claims?
    for god sake Jaws i am talking about people in general who cheat the system, My own opinions have been formed through the ones i know for a fact as i have said and as i am sure plenty of folk out there know of plenty more who are cheating the system aswell.

[quote=sam;204865][quote=Angela;204851]
    yes the genuine ones are few and far between

Angela as i have said the one's i am reffering to as few and far between are among the one's i know, I know only a handfull of genuine people who are claiming but i would say for every one genuine person i know there are atleast 3 who i know to be cheating the system, the reason i know is because they arent to shy in admiting it.
    I know their are many who are on benefits through no fault of their own and as i say these are the one's that my sympathys lie with because its all the cheats who are giveing them a bad name and its not right.
    I can only apologise if you take it to heart but i can assure you that is not my intention.
    Well said Sam, now if everyone is finished.......pleeeease.....

If we are quite agreed that the majority of those on benefits are obtaining them quite legitimately and that those who are obtaining benefits because they are misusing the system are in fact only a small minority then I am happy with that.

I quite agree that those who are obtaining benefits by deliberately supplying false information should be found and dealt with in the appropriate manner.

Oh well!!

Only 15 pages for us all to finally agree that those cheating the system should be severly dealt with ,so that those unfortunate enough to find themselves needing benefits through no fault of their own can claim and not be classed as scroungers.

In answer to the original question, YES I do think the government is too lenient on the dole cheats, but not sure where the money comes from to deal with the problem. The ones that cheat will find a way round any new system in time. Sad but true
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Jaws "If we are quite agreed that the majority of those on benefits are obtaining them quite legitimately and that those who are obtaining benefits because they are misusing the system are in fact only a small minority then I am happy with that."

I don't know - but I hope you are right!!

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415