Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: no more Christmas?

I have no problem whatever with Christmas being renamed Happy Holidays. For a good while now "Christ" has been the last thing on most people's minds when Christmas is mentioned. It is a season of excess with food, drink and expensive presents the main priorities.

For a festival supposed to be about celebrating the birth of Christ it is ironic that instead it is a time where many people will suffer extreme stress and depression. Others will be up to their neck in debt trying to keep up with the excesses that have become the "norm"

Christmas as we know it is nothing but a consumerfest. Business dictates to us when we should be showing our love for others through the only way possible, ie the bottom of your wallet. Spend, spend, spend, "have a nice Christmas" beams the shop assistant who would not normally grant you a lukewarm grin at any other time of the year.

Jesus must be turning in his Gravy Train!!

Red face

johns lewis have rolled out the xmas light so has nearly every other shop, tinsel glittery thing and lights....and more trees than u can shake a stick at (no pun intended) and this morning i heard slade and wizard in quick succession... which makes me wonder how PC the shop are tryin to be surely noddy holder screaming its christmas at the top of his lungs (at the start of november) isnt embracing all the cultures, just a thought

Guy Fawkes banned in London, replaced by a Bengali folk tale http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006510035,00.html

Total madness IMO.

Default Debenams

just walked past Debenams... they're are deffinatley having a christmas display.... tinsel, trees and lights all the way!

Just back from Glasgow and thought I would let everyone on the org know Debenham's in Glasgow have a lovely display of decorations the shop is all lit up and plenty of Christmas trees with lights on in all departments and various other Christmas displays

Default Merry Christmas

A long time ago, I worked for two Egyptian Jews, although my direct boss was a Church of Scotland devotee who reputedly went out to convert people on occasion.

Us plebes didn't see the two owners every day, but one year, just before we closed for our Christmas Holiday, I bumped into one of them and wished him a Merry Christmas. My boss heard, took me aside and said, "You can't say that to him."

What a lot of rubbish. They are more than welcome to wish me a Happy Hanukkah or whatever.

A Happy Christmas to everyone! If you like that, great! If you ignore it, fine by me. If you hate me for saying it, I will cheerfully ignore your hate mail.

By the way, those two brothers provided their 400 staff with a bottle of sherry and a good sized turkey just before Christmas every year.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123