Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Hermes - Macritchie Highland Distribution Wick

Default Hermes - Macritchie Highland Distribution Wick

Pretty fed up to be honest. Thought finally Hermes had got their act together up here but it would appear not.

Have been waiting for a really important piece of equipment through Amazon and it was meant to be delivered Thursday. It was a no show on Thursday but I could forgive that due to size of parcel and location, Friday it said Out For Delivery so I contacted to double check tracking was right and was promised it would be with me that day, even though I had to wait in for it to be delivered as it couldnt just be left due to size and value. Nothing!

I email MacRitchies who now deliver Hermes parcels up here, which I just had to follow up with a phone call due to an incoherent response. I can only say I am pretty shocked as to their really poor customer service.

I was told the vans just back and "well if its no been delivered its no here." So I asked who I should contact to trace where it is, for which I got no response at all. Its apparently nothing to do with them if Hermes hasn't given it to them, even though their vans are plastered in their name, it is their drivers who deliver, and who local customers expect to be able to help them or signpost them to help. The day and age of passing the buck is long gone and businesses taking ownership of an issue is key to resolve customer issues.

Give me Menzies any day vs the rest of the cowboys who don't give a toot. I wish companies like Hermes would realise that and only partner with reputable companies as this is beyond ridiculous.

If they do by miracle get it here today, I shall eat my words and remove most of this but the chance is less than 5% of that being needed. Nothing else to do but write a long complaint to Hermes Head Office and Amazon over yet another local delivery fiasco.
    Last edited by Michael Dennis; 12-Feb-18 at 14:48.

Get in touch with Davie at McRitchies in Inverness branch he helped me out no end when I had trouble with them delivering to me....Whoever is in the Wick depot must have been off sick on the day they did their customer training!

MyHermes in general are just a bunch of crooks. They take the money and don't provide the requested service. When they lost my last parcel i sent i refused to have anything more to do with them and resolutely refuse to use them again or anyone who uses their service if i buy online from them. I wouldn't give MHD the rap for the failings as i know that stuff has shown as out for delivery but it hasn't even reached Inverness. Vote with your wallet and use another company. When the service fails then they have only themselves to blame. I also heard MHD are possibly going to lose the contract for up here so things can only get worse

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    MyHermes in general are just a bunch of crooks. They take the money and don't provide the requested service. When they lost my last parcel i sent i refused to have anything more to do with them and resolutely refuse to use them again or anyone who uses their service if i buy online from them. I wouldn't give MHD the rap for the failings as i know that stuff has shown as out for delivery but it hasn't even reached Inverness. Vote with your wallet and use another company. When the service fails then they have only themselves to blame. I also heard MHD are possibly going to lose the contract for up here so things can only get worse
    Hi Shaggy

Problem with Amazon is you don't know who is delivering until the order is done. When it is DPD it is fine, same as Post Office, Hermes are rare for my orders with them, they havent sent me anything via them since early last year.

It is more with how Wick handled it, they could have signposted as to how I could find out but that just didn't happen, so I am just as lost now as ever.

They read this and told me it must be Capital Carriers, but Capital Carriers are saying they don't deliver those Hermes parcels up here. Like smackin ur head off a brick wall so it is.

So you will love this.

Some guy from Macritchies just called my mothers house and threatened her with a lawsuit if I do not remove this post. Crackin customer service

WOW WOW WOW

Firstly, the number you called took you some effort as I didnt provide you with it, you have my mobile number of 2 emails to you now where you asked for it, it was also not associated with the parcel.

Secondly DON'T YOU EVER CALL AND THREATEN A GRANDMOTHER WITH A LAWSUIT FOR A FORUM POST OUTLINING YOUR SHOCKING CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!

So someone from MHD has time to read local forum posts and make phone calls to threaten legal action but have no time to help a customer with finding out where their parcel is? Pretty shameful really.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    So someone from MHD has time to read local forum posts and make phone calls to threaten legal action but have no time to help a customer with finding out where their parcel is? Pretty shameful really.
    i agree with that

I would like to comment on all the postings about MacRitchie Highland Distribution and set the record straight. We DID NOT have the delivery in question. Any parcels from Hermes that are designated as 'Heavy and Large' are not EVER delivered by MacRitchie Highland Distribution. Heavy and Large can be anything from bags of pet food to furniture. We deliver thousands of parcels every week without any problems and I am disgusted that our company is being dragged through the mud by people who do not have any of their facts correct before ranting on public forums such as this one. I spoke to your Mum yesterday and I can assure you I was polite and courteous and I am with every customer of ours. We have built up our business over the last 22 years through sheer hard work, excellent customer care and being good at what we do. To have to read a public slating like this is quite simply wrong! I hope this puts an end to this ridiculous accusation. Please remember to get your facts right before venting your anger or frustration on a public forum as it can be very damaging for local businesses or innocent members of the public.
    I think it is only fair for you now to set the record straight and publicly declare who has in fact delivered your parcel. I asked your Mum for you to give me a ring to discuss this and you didn't return my call. Please now tell everyone which company delivered your parcel. Thank you , Catriona MacRitchie

If you check the delivery status for your package on Amazon it will probably state Out for Delivery, Perth UK if it is being delivered by Hermes. Your package still has over 200 miles to travel before it reaches you. You can't blame the local delivery company for failing to deliver your package if they haven't received it themselves. I would expect the package to be delivered 1-3 days after the Out for Delivery date shown on Amazon.
    Last edited by jo_hal; 14-Feb-18 at 11:35.

I can only give praise for MacRitchie/Hermes. Usually I get an email and a few hours later the parcel arrives, followed later in the day advising that parcel has been delivered. Only regret is now that our brilliant delivery driver is leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by scorrie2017 View Post
    Well ‘ats Michael Dennis exposed to be ‘e fibber and sh1te stirrer a’chiel thought he wiz.
    No quite. I have just only read the most recent posts and haven't had time to write a lengthy reply. I think if you read the initial post it was regards to their response and way they dealt with the matter rather than thr fact the hadn't delivered.

Also Catriona MacRitchie has never called my house and spoken to anyone. Since the rant at my mum from a guy days ago about suing her, the best they have managed is a voicemail, unless they called Caithness General to speak to her. Btw she is not the customer and never has been, I AM!! I have the voicemails Catriona MacRitchie and will happily upload.

I shall write a more detailed reply as soon as I get a minute.

Catriona is more believable than Michael.

Check out his other rants.

Yes Sids.

Catriona who clearly went to the best school to learn customer service. One thing you never do is rant at your customers in front of other potential customers, it is rule number one in customer service 101.

I will come back to this shortly as there are updates and much more to say. Glad others noted their poor experience of MacRitchies Customer Service in the past.