Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Help wanted with my new purchase.

Default Help wanted with my new purchase.

A new laptop or an Ipad with a keyboard?

Cant afford a Macbook but love love love my ipad mini. Do I put my hard earned savings into a new laptop or do I buy an iPad2 air and keyboard. Im doing some studying and some writing - so essays, a blog or two, maybe the odd excel spreadsheet. I like to work in coffee shops and on my knee and I like to travel lightish.

I dont listen to music in my ears and I rarely watch films or stuff on my laptop.

Who amongst you uses what and what do you find works and doesnt work? all advice would be helpful....

Quote Originally Posted by squidge View Post
    A new laptop or an Ipad with a keyboard?

Cant afford a Macbook but love love love my ipad mini. Do I put my hard earned savings into a new laptop or do I buy an iPad2 air and keyboard. Im doing some studying and some writing - so essays, a blog or two, maybe the odd excel spreadsheet. I like to work in coffee shops and on my knee and I like to travel lightish.

I dont listen to music in my ears and I rarely watch films or stuff on my laptop.

Who amongst you uses what and what do you find works and doesnt work? all advice would be helpful....
    I have an ultrabook laptop that also turns into a tablet. Have to admit I rarely use the tablet part as use my phone for browsing etc. I used to have a macbook air as well, loved the size of that for work. Not sure how much they are these days though.

Some great tech deals coming up on Amazon for black Friday, may be worth a look to save a few £££'s.

Hope that helps

I have both a laptop and an Ipad and tbh if I didn't listen to music or watch films then I would probably choose the Ipad. Having said that my Ipad air is easily able to stream music and films and I do play games on it. I usually revert to the laptop simply because it's what I'm used to.
    If you want something that can go everywhere with you and not be cumbersome, go with the Ipad
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

ipad if your happy with a huge chunk of the purchase price being for a picture of a half eaten apple on the back of it.
    “We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine....
    And the machine is bleeding to death."

Spoke to my son who is well up on these things and he said laptop 100 % He has smartphone ipad laptop desktop and hudl he uses them all for different reasons.

I was recently involved in a project for our local school, we had requested ipads, we ended up purchasing chrome books with a few ipads as they were recommended to be a more all round purchase than ipads and a few other technical reasons which are way above my knowledge. Nothing to do with cost as we had the money.

From what you plan to do with the device, I'd say laptop.

Thanks all xxx

Surface Pro
    Does everything you need, and more.
    Without Apple's inflated price tag and additional software to emulate windows to do excel etc. etc.
    And small enough to lug about.

Just had my Apple Air2 Ipad for approx 10 months, bought it new from Argos now its packed in, spent hours talking to Apple on the phone so now I have to send it packaged to The States! Boo Hoo. Will be lost with out it. They will either replace or repair it.

Hey Squidge - where are ye - are ye in Caithness tomorrow - and are we still doing a coffee? Email patandali1@gmail

Yep, Laptop for me...
    "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Hey Squidge - where are ye - are ye in Caithness tomorrow - and are we still doing a coffee? Email patandali1@gmail
    I was and we did and very nice it was too

everyone else ... I'm still havering!