Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

View Poll Results: Should Scotland Vote For Independence?

Voters
366. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

161 43.99%
  • No

183 50.00%
  • Undecided

19 5.19%
  • Not Voting

3 0.82%
Page 63 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1353596061626364 LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1277

Thread: The Org Poll on Independence

You managed to post that, so wheres the detailed post? Write it out offline, then copy and paste. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Even Chance View Post
    Hardly, he managed to post the fact he cant get logged on ok enough!! lol You were quick to stamp on heids tho werent you. Disna surprise me really. You do realise that there will be a resounding YES vote dont you? You may as well just accept it. The tide has turned, and yer side is gonna get swamped. Caithness is bound to have a larger No following due to Dounreay and Vulcan folks worrying about their jobs. The plants are not going anywhere in their lifetimes are they! Its their childrens lives they could change by voting Yes and stopping being so selfish.
    I would rather it were a NO vote, but you are right as we live in a democracy, I will accept it which ever way it goes. Will you?

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I would rather it were a NO vote, but you are right as we live in a democracy, I will accept it which ever way it goes. Will you?
    Why wouldn't we? Have we suddenly stopped being a democracy since I last has a shufti at the state of play? Or is this yet another scare tactic from the No side, along the pathetic lines of the Glasgow Herald's Riots and Mayhem at the Polling Stations stuff, for which they received a Police Scotland censure this morning?

Quote Originally Posted by Humerous Vegetable View Post
    Why wouldn't we? Have we suddenly stopped being a democracy since I last has a shufti at the state of play? Or is this yet another scare tactic from the No side, along the pathetic lines of the Glasgow Herald's Riots and Mayhem at the Polling Stations stuff, for which they received a Police Scotland censure this morning?
    I don't see how my saying, 'as we live in a democracy' or that, 'I will accept the outcome which ever way it goes', could be a scare tactic of any kind.As I don't read any paper, I could not comment on the story you quote, however I wouldn't be surprised if isolated incidents broke out at some polling stations. Personally I'm not planning starting a riot on polling day, nor do I think anyone else I know is.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Absolutely. We're all Scots after all. We stand firm as a nation, and a wee squabble like this wont get us doon. I'll still have a tin of beer with any No voter and get the crack.

I'll take whatevers coming at me, be it a Yes or a No.
    As a nation, we've been ground down over the last few hundred years to just accept things. Its just our nature.......aye right! Now is the time to have a wee re-think about it all. Roll on the 19th. Not long now til its all over and we can start afresh. Cheers...

Absolutely. We're all Scots after all. We stand firm as a nation, and a wee squabble like this wont get us doon. I'll still have a tin of beer with any No voter and get the crack.I'll take whatevers coming at me, be it a Yes or a No. As a nation, we've been ground down over the last few hundred years to just accept things. Its just our nature.......aye right! Now is the time to have a wee re-think about it all. Roll on the 19th. Not long now til its all over and we can start afresh. Cheers...
    I hope the rest of the nation will share your outlook on it, I fear not though
    W.A.T.P.

Absolutely. We're all Scots after all. We stand firm as a nation, and a wee squabble like this wont get us doon. I'll still have a tin of beer with any No voter and get the crack.

I'll take whatevers coming at me, be it a Yes or a No.
    As a nation, we've been ground down over the last few hundred years to just accept things. Its just our nature.......aye right! Now is the time to have a wee re-think about it all. Roll on the 19th. Not long now til its all over and we can start afresh. Cheers...
    I sincerely hope you're right.

I'll still be voting no but I do believe a yes vote is now quite likely - it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Although I'm not looking forward to another 2 years of insults and blame from both sides during the negotiations - this could be the dirtiest divorce settlement in history - I just hope it gets over and done with asap.

Rioting in the street wouldn't surprise me (either way the vote goes) , I've seen nothing in my lifetime as divisive as the independence debate, between friends, family and strangers.
    Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; Nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.

- Charles de Gaulle

The Scots wont riot. Remember when the big riots were raging in England twa years ago and they destroyed their own cities and the Scots just sat back and laughed at them for being such numpties?
    Maybe Ive got the rose coloured specs on again, but we can and will work together after the Yes vote to build this country. We need all those No voters to help build it after all!
    Since you are starting to sound more positive about a Yes vote, why not go the whole hog and actually join us in voting Yes? Every vote counts, and your most welcome. I'll have a tinny of Tenants on ice for you! lol

I'm not becoming more positive in favour of a yes vote, I still don't believe it is the best thing for the nation. I'm just accepting it is a real possibility.

As I say, if (when) the negotiations are completed and the reality, as opposed to the promises, become apparent, I predict trouble. I hope I'm wrong.
    Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; Nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.

- Charles de Gaulle

The Scots wont riot. Remember when the big riots were raging in England twa years ago and they destroyed their own cities and the Scots just sat back and laughed at them for being such numpties? Maybe Ive got the rose coloured specs on again, but we can and will work together after the Yes vote to build this country. We need all those No voters to help build it after all! Since you are starting to sound more positive about a Yes vote, why not go the whole hog and actually join us in voting Yes? Every vote counts, and your most welcome. I'll have a tinny of Tenants on ice for you! lol
    Violence has been breaking out already in the central belt. I too will accept whatever result until it becomes more advantageous to live elsewhere.As for joining the yes campaign...... I think I will pass on that
    W.A.T.P.

Can only ask guys! Respect to you though.
    Theres been violence on both sides. Awful really, but its instigated by numpties, usually hell bent on some vendetta regardless. All they need is a difference of opinion about anything to spark it. Its also human nature unfortunately. As they say, some folk are just eejits, full stop.

This is worth a read...Was not written by me, but think everyone should go over this before Sept 18th.

I'm not taking any credit for this, I just saw someone's post on the Vote NO to Scottish independence and protect the union page and I thought it was genius!!
    "I always find that if you flip the debate around with a no or undecided voter it always has the desired result. Try this next time you speak with a no voter, ask them how they would vote in this situation.....there can only be one outcome.
    Imagine Scotland was already independent and we were about to have a referendum on whether to join a union with the rest of the UK.
    Could the Pro-union side convince us that getting together would be better when we were told what would happen to Scotland after such a union? Some bullet points from the campaign…

-Your main Parliament will move 600 miles away, and your MPs will be in a tiny minority & will therefore have limited ability to effect policy on your behalf
    -Scotland will get a government it didn’t vote for.
    -All of your oil and gas revenues will be handed over to the treasury in London.
    -Even though not 1 inch of track will touch Scottish soil your taxpayers will contribute £4.2bn to the HS2 project.
    -Your taxpayers will also subsidise the crossrail project to the tune of £4.2bn
    -The biggest nuclear weapons facility in Western Europe will be built on the river Clyde, just 30 miles from your largest city.
    -Even though you only have 8.2% of the UK’s population you will contribute 9.9% of the UK’s total tax take yet will only receive 9.3% of that tax take back to spend in Scotland (you will lose £4.4bn per year to the UK treasury)
    -You will devolve all of the economic levers you have used to shape your economy directly to London and will now only have control of 7% of your economy
    -Even though 79% of your MP's voted against it we will privitise your publicly owned mail service
    -Even though 91% of your MPs voted against the bedroom tax in your parliament, we will impose it.
    -Even though 82% of your MP's believed that a VAT increase would be detrimental to your economy, we will impose a VAT increase.
    -You will join a country whose health and education services are rapidly being privatised.
    -Now and again you’ll get dragged into an illegal foreign war.
    -An austerity budget will be imposed from London cutting jobs and threatening vital public services even though 81% of your MP's voted against the cuts.
    -The financial regulation system will be so weak and so lax that your whole economy will be brought to the brink of collapse.
    -The most weak and vulnerable in society, instead of getting the protection and support they deserve will be interrogated and humiliated in an effort to get them off the meagre levels of support to which they are entitled.
    Who in Scotland would vote for such a package?
    Who would vote for that union?
    So why would anyone vote to remain in such a union now?
    This is about democratic ownership, social responsibility and the fact that Scotland on its own will be economically stronger from day one of independence....."

Quote Originally Posted by theone View Post
    I'm not becoming more positive in favour of a yes vote, I still don't believe it is the best thing for the nation. I'm just accepting it is a real possibility.

As I say, if (when) the negotiations are completed and the reality, as opposed to the promises, become apparent, I predict trouble. I hope I'm wrong.
    The same could be said of the aftermath of the 2015 General Election; a hung parliament with a major schism in the Tory party and a dispute as to which parties will form an administration. The question of an in out referendum on the EU. Meanwhile UKIP with a few more seats contibuting a load of hot air and labour sulking but making a lot of noise hoping someone will listen.
    Trouble? We've already got trouble.
    'We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.'
    Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by BetterTogether View Post
    Sorry for being unable to reply in depth to any questions it would appear each time I attempt a detailed post the system logs my out, yesterday for some reason the system refused to accept my username and password and the admin had to be contacted to reset this. I am unsure why this problem only seems to occur on this Org but if you feel there is political bias being shown on this org I suggest you contact Better Together Media Team 0141 332 4634
    Don`t worry. Nothing nefarious is going on here.

Just check the Remember Me box when you sign in -- I had the same problem (years ago), and a friendly orger helped me out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobinovich View Post
    Either you're not ticking the Remember Me box under the username when logging in, or possibly you have set your cookies not to be stored - either one will most likely cause you to log out in between posts unless they're close together...
    Good advice Bob.

I'm still here and posting with no problems, apart from my own dodgy internet connection. I'm a definite NO btw.

I think Jim Murphy would make a good first minister of an independent Scotland.
    Working On Behalf Of The Community!

Quote Originally Posted by Tubthumper View Post
    I think Jim Murphy would make a good first minister of an independent Scotland.
    It depends on where his allegience lies upon a Yes vote.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

It seems that oil reserves worth £trillions have been underestimated by 100%. West of Shetland can provide energy for at least 100 years.

http://www.oilandgaspeople.com/news/...rth-trillions/
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    It seems that oil reserves worth £trillions have been underestimated by 100%. West of Shetland can provide energy for at least 100 years.http://www.oilandgaspeople.com/news/...rth-trillions/
    Can yer nae just shuttit about the wretched oil man, yer like a broken record.

Now now Heisenberg - back in yer box. Oh wait, that was Schrodinger wasn't it...
    Working On Behalf Of The Community!